Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Non-Wrestling Questions

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

KB Answers Non-Wrestling Questions

If I can run two forums, I can have two threads.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What are your political views? I'm guessing you're generally liberal in the American sense of the word.

Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah I'm mostly liberal (though I don't agree with everything the Democratic Party does). I actually used to work for the Kentucky Democratic Party and helped get the Governor re-elected.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What are your favorite sports teams (if any) for baseball, football, basketball and hockey?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cleveland Indians
    Dallas Cowboys
    New Orleans Pelicans (and Kentucky Wildcats)
    Dallas Stars

7. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Yeah I'm mostly liberal (though I don't agree with everything the Democratic Party does). I actually used to work for the Kentucky Democratic Party and helped get the Governor re-elected.
    Cool stuff. I've actually got a rapport with the leader of the Welsh Liberal Democrats (third biggest party in Britain since UKIP collapsed after Brexit), and I've been trying to advocate for the party to contest the centre ground, as Labour moves further and further left, and the Conservatives are on the brink of civil war between the economic and cultural right.

What do you think of the Democrats right now? What do you think they need to do to win in 2020, outside of trying to look like the lesser evil?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They need to worry about the midterms first. The day after those are over, then they can start presenting Presidential candidates. Worry about getting the House/Senate back first and putting a check on Trump. Then go from there.

To win in 2020, they need to do a lot more than just say "our candidate isn't Trump". They need to win the middle ground voters, and to do that they need to show why you would vote for their candidate, not why you should vote against Trump. Also, they need a rocking GOTV campaign (Get Out The Vote, basically meaning getting every voter you can find and making sure they get to the polls). That can win or lose you an election.

As of right now, they're badly wounded but seem to be pulling things together. That being said, they're also notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, which scares the heck out of me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Completely agree. Look at the mid-terms, it's tricky to know where it will go. On the one hand, mid-terms almost always go in favour of the contesting party, and especially with a president as unpopular as Trump, people like to vote against the current establishment. On the other hand, the geography of the mid-terms is actually more favourable to the Republicans. I think the Dems will just about get their majority back.

I think Warren would be the best choice for the Democrats to run realistically. Bernie is still active, but I just don't get the impression he can quite handle the tidal wave of running for office, he makes Jimmy Carter look like Brock Lesnar. A corporate Democrat would be similar to 2012, maybe a little scare for Trump during the campaign, but he ultimately pulls through. And as for celebrities, I don't think it will happen; the Democrats being more efficient at corporate meddling actually ended screwing their chances, whereas Trump got through the Republican primaries. At most, Zuckerberg runs third-party, and if the Democrats run an establishment candidate, Zuckerberg makes history by winning a state like California, but won't get close to the presidency.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bro, your UK Wildcats should've beaten Florida in football last year! I was cheering you guys on KB! What happened man?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Bro, your UK Wildcats should've beaten Florida in football last year! I was cheering you guys on KB! What happened man?
    We remembered we're Kentucky. We haven't beaten them since I believe 1987. It's a tradition.

Thread Information