Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: KB Answers Non-Wrestling Questions

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    Yep. I've always said I'll leave there on my terms and no one elses. The plan is to wait until Hausman FINALLY realizes what's going on and asks me about it and I'll resign then. That should put me at a few years left.
    Sorry, who is Hausman?

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    The Academy is sure of it.
    The Academy also said Annie Hall is better than Star Wars and didn't give Rainbow Connection Best Song. Allow me to scoff at them.

3. Likes Fallout liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Sorry, who is Hausman?
    WrestleZone main page writer who is officially over the Forums. He fired Sly, setting off the chain of events that set up this forum.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Academy also said Annie Hall is better than Star Wars and didn't give Rainbow Connection Best Song. Allow me to scoff at them.
    They gave Eddie Redmayne best actor.

Honestly, I think giving it to Joe Don Baker would have been less insulting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well it is a sin to disgrace the name of known pedophile Woody Allen, so what do you expect?

They also gave My Heart Will Go On Best Song over Miss Misery in '97. Fucking Titanic. So I feel ya.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well it is a sin to disgrace the name of known pedophile Woody Allen, so what do you expect?

They also gave My Heart Will Go On Best Song over Miss Misery in '97. Fucking Titanic. So I feel ya.
    I saw Annie Hall and it's....eh. I laughed a few times but IT WAS AGAINST STAR FREAKING WARS!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I saw Annie Hall and it's....eh. I laughed a few times but IT WAS AGAINST STAR FREAKING WARS!
    When Allen makes fun of himself, I enjoy him. The rest of his work is just sort of, look at this kind of awkward guy get a girl. If his body of work was a person, it would be Michael Cera.

Star Wars, as much as I disagree with Annie Hall getting the nod, didn't have the initial impact that it has now. I think most people would agree that Star Wars is a bigger deal and should have won, but in 1977 films like Annie Hall were going to win over films like Star Wars 10/10 times. Even today they would win the majority of the time, because Star Wars isn't Oscar bait. The only films I can think of to win Best Picture that weren't some combination of drama/musical/war/biographical/romance are Silence of the Lambs, Return of the King and Birdman. Even then, only LOTR (as a fantasy) and Birdman (as a dark comedy) really stand out. Its BS, but stuffy old white folk tend to dislike change.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When Allen makes fun of himself, I enjoy him. The rest of his work is just sort of, look at this kind of awkward guy get a girl. If his body of work was a person, it would be Michael Cera.

Star Wars, as much as I disagree with Annie Hall getting the nod, didn't have the initial impact that it has now. I think most people would agree that Star Wars is a bigger deal and should have won, but in 1977 films like Annie Hall were going to win over films like Star Wars 10/10 times. Even today they would win the majority of the time, because Star Wars isn't Oscar bait. The only films I can think of to win Best Picture that weren't some combination of drama/musical/war/biographical/romance are Silence of the Lambs, Return of the King and Birdman. Even then, only LOTR (as a fantasy) and Birdman (as a dark comedy) really stand out. Its BS, but stuffy old white folk tend to dislike change.
    Indeed. They also like stuff that isn't particularly funny a lot of the time. But why go with something new, innovative and instantly classic when you can go with safe?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Stones.

12. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Thread Information