Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's A Bad Day In Trumpville

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    The thing that pisses me off isn't so much that Trump has criminals in his inner circle, but that he's a complete hypocrite.

All politicians play dirty, but wasn't Trump supposed to be a grassroots, organic political phenomenon? So why is he playing by exactly the same standards?
    Because his idiot supporters are never going to call him out for anything and the GOP is too busy bending over for him to dare to stand up against him, because Heaven forbid he tweet about them and promote one of their primary challengers because, again, his idiot supporters would follow him off a cliff. Well, they would walk off a cliff after Trump told them to. Like he'd ever do anything himself.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah I still feel like you people are giving politicians too much credit. Just one man’s opinion.

It's still kind of amazing that Trump got elected. Fifty years from now, people will look back on this and think of it as one of the truly great brain farts in the long history of a country that already has so many brain farts that it's hard to picture them all. What's even more amazing is that Trump was elected as a Republican despite the fact that he simply doesn't stand for Republican values, never really has and crapped all over some of them during his campaign. Ten years ago, it would've been inconceivable for a GOP candidate to win the primary, let alone actually be elected POTUS, by minimalizing the service and wartime suffering of someone like John McCain by saying that he didn't believe McCain counted as a war hero because he'd been captured. I mean...you'd have had right wing conservatives holding rallies against Trump where they'd have wanted his head or wanted him in jail along with all of his various flunkies who''ve been implicated in the Mueller investigation. But today...today, the man is not only cheered but you literally have millions of people making excuses for him and actually trying to still somehow blame the division on Obama.

Every single week, it's always something new with our Dumbass-in-Chief when it comes to scandals or him saying something either at a rally or in a Tweet that alienates, marginalizes or flat out insults millions of people. This fucking trainwreck of an administration, the idiocy of its advocates and the lunacy of its voters want to, metaphorically speaking, take us back to the stone age where unless you're a white male proclaiming to be heterosexual and Christian, then you're a second class human being.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    It's still kind of amazing that Trump got elected. Fifty years from now, people will look back on this and think of it as one of the truly great brain farts in the long history of a country that already has so many brain farts that it's hard to picture them all. What's even more amazing is that Trump was elected as a Republican despite the fact that he simply doesn't stand for Republican values, never really has and crapped all over some of them during his campaign. Ten years ago, it would've been inconceivable for a GOP candidate to win the primary, let alone actually be elected POTUS, by minimalizing the service and wartime suffering of someone like John McCain by saying that he didn't believe McCain counted as a war hero because he'd been captured. I mean...you'd have had right wing conservatives holding rallies against Trump where they'd have wanted his head or wanted him in jail along with all of his various flunkies who''ve been implicated in the Mueller investigation. But today...today, the man is not only cheered but you literally have millions of people making excuses for him and actually trying to still somehow blame the division on Obama.

Every single week, it's always something new with our Dumbass-in-Chief when it comes to scandals or him saying something either at a rally or in a Tweet that alienates, marginalizes or flat out insults millions of people. This fucking trainwreck of an administration, the idiocy of its advocates and the lunacy of its voters want to, metaphorically speaking, take us back to the stone age where unless you're a white male proclaiming to be heterosexual and Christian, then you're a second class human being.
    He's selfish, pro-corporations, pro-tax breaks for the rich, and hates Muslims and immigrants. Sounds pretty Republican to me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In what fucking world doesn't Trump stand for Republicanism? Maybe if you're going off 19th century Republicanism.

Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    He's selfish, pro-corporations, pro-tax breaks for the rich, and hates Muslims and immigrants. Sounds pretty Republican to me.
    That was a mistake on my part. I meant to type that he didn't stand for "some" Republican values, which makes it all the more weird as standard operating procedure is that you follow the party line on pretty much everything. For instance, Trump seems to have no qualms about increasing the deficit and that's always been a major no-no as far as the GOP is concerned. He's also trying to start up another branch of the military, I've heard it referred to as a "space police' program or something along those lines? I have no idea what that's about, but it sounds idiotic right from the start.

But yeah, that was my brain fart. I didn't intend to state that he didn't respresent GOP stances, just that he was an anomaly in some ways. Trump's racist, sexist, completely out of touch with people who live paycheck to paycheck, wants Congress to give him $25 billion taxpayer dollars so he can build his wall but he orders a 2% salary decrease for federal employees with his excuse being that we just "don't have the money" for what was supposed to be a salary increase for them and it just goes on and on.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    That was a mistake on my part. I meant to type that he didn't stand for "some" Republican values, which makes it all the more weird as standard operating procedure is that you follow the party line on pretty much everything. For instance, Trump seems to have no qualms about increasing the deficit and that's always been a major no-no as far as the GOP is concerned. He's also trying to start up another branch of the military, I've heard it referred to as a "space police' program or something along those lines? I have no idea what that's about, but it sounds idiotic right from the start.
    Space force! Yeah not only is it stupid, but it's also technically illegal, though I don't think anyone actually believes it's going to get off the ground.

He definitely has parted ways with many of the values Republicans have held for the past two decades, but the party seems all too willing to let him do it so long as he keeps making their donors happy. I've never been a big fan of Republicans, but their behavior during this presidency has really dialed up my distaste for the whole party.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People always believe there's a solution to every problem, Trump's Presidency included. Here's the reality - America has a lot of bad people. People who hate diversity and are extremely selfish. It's also loaded with really dumb people who also share those views. Trump represents those people like no other candidate in modern history. Those people are voting Trump in 2020, no matter what he does or says. The more ridiculous he is, the more these people love him. Liberals being visibly distraught by every move he makes isn't changing their minds. Liberals need to work on independents and getting the rest of the gang to actually hit the poles. Stop whining about YOUR favorite candidate not winning. I fear Biden will face a similar blowback because he's "an old white guy."

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So...Paul Manafort has agreed to cooperate with Special Counsel.

There might be a lot of For Sale signs about to be hung in Trumpville...

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The difference four years can make

"We need a president who isn't a laughing stock to the entire World."

"Didn't expect that reaction, but that's okay."

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information