Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's A Bad Day In Trumpville

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's A Bad Day In Trumpville

His campaign manager is found guilty of crimes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/man...counts-n901231

His ex-lawyer (Or fixer. Why does the President need to have a fixer? That's not normal.) says Trump told him to pay hush money for two affairs. Because the President having two affairs is totally cool and normal.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...cutors-n902571

And another GOP Congressman accused of using campaign money for personal expenses. Oh and he was the second sitting Congressman to endorse Trump. The first was charged a few weeks back.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-funds-n902701

But hey: total witch hunt with nothing to see here but a bunch of people mad that Trump won right?

Michael Cohen isn't someone that Trump can just label a liar or as being a nobody within his organization and expect it to be credible. Cohen was his personal attorney for well over a decade, he knows where the bodies are buried, so to speak. He's not just some flunky that Trump may have said hello to once or twice, he knows stuff about Trump that, quite probably, nobody else does.

As for Paul Manafort, the crimes he was convicted of carry up to 80 years in prison and he still has another tax fraud case coming up in about a month or so and reporters are saying prosecutors have more than three times the documentation for that case than in the one he was just convicted of. A jury couldn't come to a unanimous verdict on 10 of the charges but that's incidental at this point.

When is enough going to be enough? It seems like there's some new scandal with Trump right at the center each week. I have trouble believing that he hasn't genuinely lost some support, some may say otherwise in public, for whatever reason, but I have trouble believing that all of his base can be that stupid. This isn't some conspiracy against Trump, the "fake news" isn't making any of this stuff up, they haven't made anything up as they've just been reporting what's out there. Well, Fox News hasn't but I don't think that really surprises anyone.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well I'm not a Trump supporter nor a Clinton supporter, not an American here so I look at these and my comments are non biased.

In this case of Manafort, what he's been charged with is a 12 year old crime. Long before he worked for the campaign and long before Trump even thought of running for office. So I really don't see how this can be tied to Trump. He didn't even know the guy at the time. Time will tell if he can bring Trump down in the next trial.

As for Cohen well that's a little more difficult. I think Cohen has an axe to grind. He wanted to come to Washington with Trump, that didn't happen. I'm sure he does know where the bodies are buried but is any of it a crime, we just don't know yet. I also have to wonder about these payments and why these women came forward when they did. It was obviously to get money since Trump was running for President. It that had been Obama the democrats would have called it blackmail. Again all these affairs (which I don't agree with) happened years ago.

It just seems that anything that happens to anyone in the Republican party these days somehow Trump gets the blame for it. The guy is no angel but he also isn't the bad guy in every situation. My fear is that this has changed politics forever in the US. I sincerely hope that every President that comes after Trump will not get the same treatment. If they do then nothing will ever get accomplished, just like it isn't getting accomplished now.

5. Likes Fallout, Stone Cold Tea liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by navi View Post
    Well I'm not a Trump supporter nor a Clinton supporter, not an American here so I look at these and my comments are non biased.

In this case of Manafort, what he's been charged with is a 12 year old crime.
    Never ever listen to Trump. He lied about the 12 year old crime thing.

As just a sample (from the indictment), "Between at least 2006 and 2015, Manafort and Gates acted as unregistered agents of the government of Ukraine...

In order to hide Ukraine payments from United State authorities, from 2006 through at least 2016, Manafort and Gates laundered the money through scores of United States and foreign corporations, patnerships and bank accounts.
    "

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4163372/Paul-Manafort-Rick-Gates-Indictment.pdf

Those two sentences are from the first page of the indictment.

Long before he worked for the campaign and long before Trump even thought of running for office. So I really don't see how this can be tied to Trump.
    It's easier to see once you see what he was charged with.

He didn't even know the guy at the time.
    Also not true:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ump_world.html

It's understandable that some people don't know as much about this situation as others, especially if one is not American. But the fact is you have based the premise of your post around several ideas which just are not true. Perhaps with a better understanding of what is true, you may reconsider your post.

It just seems that anything that happens to anyone in the Republican party these days somehow Trump gets the blame for it. The guy is no angel but he also isn't the bad guy in every situation. My fear is that this has changed politics forever in the US. I sincerely hope that every President that comes after Trump will not get the same treatment. If they do then nothing will ever get accomplished, just like it isn't getting accomplished now.
    Trump is unlike any President we have had in modern times. He may not be the bad guy in every situation, but he is the cause of every bad situation he is in.

7. Likes JGlass, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, Trump has consistently lied about the details around Manafort and Cohen. Next up: Roger Stone. This should be interesting. Maybe Trump hasn't directly broken any laws, but at the very least, he certainly surrounds himself with some shady people.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    Yeah, Trump has consistently lied about the details around Manafort and Cohen. Next up: Roger Stone. This should be interesting. Maybe Trump hasn't directly broken any laws, but at the very least, he certainly surrounds himself with some shady people.
    Drain the swamp. Drain the swamp.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nick Dudley View Post
    he certainly surrounds himself with some shady people.
    I believe this to be true about most politicians. Especially once you get to the DC level.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    I believe this to be true about most politicians. Especially once you get to the DC level.
    Yeah, but with Trump it's the rule and not the exception that his partners are dirty as fuck. And not just a little dirty, but hardcore white collar criminals.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    Yeah, but with Trump it's the rule and not the exception that his partners are dirty as fuck. And not just a little dirty, but hardcore white collar criminals.
    Indeed. We're to the point where it's more surprising that someone isn't a crook of some kind. That's neither normal nor good in any form.

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The thing that pisses me off isn't so much that Trump has criminals in his inner circle, but that he's a complete hypocrite.

All politicians play dirty, but wasn't Trump supposed to be a grassroots, organic political phenomenon? So why is he playing by exactly the same standards?

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

18. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information