Thread: WWE Might Be Changing Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WWE Might Be Changing Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhal...versal-coming/

That's something you don't see every day but it's a positive sign.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Someone was arguing recently that Charlotte is the Roman of the women's division, but they left out the one point they could use to make that argument really pop. A lot of Roman's mannerisms for a while were pretty heel leaning, and a lot of Charlotte, even when she was a clearly defined face on the main roster, were heel leaning.

Charlotte makes a great heel with her size, her cocky demeanor, and her tributes to her dad, who was a natural heel as well. That doesn't exclude her form ever having face runs, especially in modern wrestling where fans will cheer almost anyone for anything, but I've always thought she worked better as a a heel and her recent return was fairly heelish. Becky had been trying to get back to the top for a while and finally got her chance after beating a cheating Carmella. She gets her spot and Charlotte just shows up and waltzes into another title opportunity. Becky's complaints were 100% valid, but she is supposed to be the heel because WWE reasons.

Her promo on Smackdown was also spot on. Aside from calling herself the greatest, she nailed everything. The fans still cheered Charlotte when she waltzed back to the top. They cheered Charlotte stealing Becky's moment. And Becky would have been relegated to an afterthought had she not have spoken up. Along with a really underrated promo in 2017 when D Bry was Smackdown GM and she questioned him if Smackdown really had been the land of opportunity under his watch, she has shown she can cut an impassioned promo where she isn't just shouting straight fire.

Becky can be a bigger deal than she is. I don't think she would be the biggest star in the division, that will always be Charlotte or Ronda just due to their legacy and how WWE chooses to present them, but Becky has been underutilized for a while and painting her as a jealous heel when her complaints are valid didn't seem the best move.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Geeze, I'm all for altering course, but are we honestly at the point where WWE is applying revisionist history on two-day old material?

I mean, ultimately I'm all for a role reversal, but Charlotte and Becky's program so ripe for a double-turn that it's not even funny.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Becky needed something to spark her momentum. The crowd has always wanted to cheer her, but so far she hasnâ??t been great at maintaining a high level of interest. Hopefully she can maintain this reaction sheâ??s getting.

I say stay the course and go for the double turn at HIAC. Whether Becky wins and Charlotte turns or Charlotte turns and goes full on brutal out of frustration with Becky.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It didn't make sense to keep Charlotte a face to begin with if WWE's ultimate end game is a Charlotte vs. Ronda Wrestlemania match. Charlotte needs to be a conniving heel in order for the fans think she could ever have a chance at defeating someone like Ronda (especially when Charlotte struggles against competition like Carmella).

Charlotte is a great heel anyway and should have stayed one all throughout her run. WWE's mistreatment of her character and especially Sasha Banks has been mind-numbingly stupid.

8. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information