Thread: So much for my "Neville attacked Aleister Black" theory

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So much for my "Neville attacked Aleister Black" theory

According to various sources including the Observer and Pro Wrestling Sheet, WWE and former NXT Champion Neville have finally parted ways. Neville has been sitting on the sidelines since walking out on WWE in October, all the while maintaining radio silence with journalists and on social media.

Little details are available right now, but should Neville continue his in-ring career, this is good news for his fans and potentially the indie scene, depending on where the Man that Gravity Forgot lands.

So, what's his new name? Benjamin Satterly? King Ben? PAC? Ex-PAC?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm so glad to hear that. So many promotions that can benefit from such a damn good wrestler.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    His new name will be Chamberlain.

You often hear former WWE wrestlers say they were mistreated, misused and stick to the general whoa is me type of story but in Neville's case, I think it's pretty much true. Neville was fun to watch inside the ring and his heel turn gave his career a nice shot in the arm. I enjoyed him as a heel and he was one of the only factors that made 205 Live watchable when Vince and Kevin Dunn were at the helm. He wanted to move further up the card, which he deserved because he'd done a great job in the CW Division but not only did Vince not let that happen, he had him jobbing out to the likes of Enzo Amore.

Neville is someone that takes pride in his work and Enzo is someone who was all 100% gimmick and barely had the in-ring ability to put on a side headlock. Plus, you also have to factor in how out of control Enzo's ego was on top of his lack of wrestling skill; I mean, according to reports, Enzo would critique the work of other guys and actually try to give them pointers or advice despite him not being able to do a 10th of what they could. On top of that, when he asked to be let go, Vince decided to just keep him and let his contract run out. I can't say for certain, of course, but something tells me that this is once of those instances where Triple H found himself in a very awkward position in that you had someone that Triple H liked and was a fan of who wanted to leave, yet Triple H's boss and father-in-law wanted to enforce the contract so that said someone couldn't work anywhere else until his contract ran out. It's a shitty thing to do and I don't care what sort of corporate mumbo jumbo Vince would use to justify it; maybe Triple H wouldn't have any problem with it but I doubt it as it just seems to fly in the face of everything that's been written or said about him in terms of management style. Trips' has been in situations where his career has been in limbo, such as when he was being punished for he & HBK hugging Hall & Nash goodbye in their last match before they left for WCW; For a bout a year, Trips' was jobbed out, including to the Ultimate Warrior in mere seconds at WrestleMania, and I remember reading an interview where he said he went up to Vince and said that he knew why he was being buried and understood it, but wanted to know if there was gonna be light at the end of the tunnel because, if not, then there was no point in him staying.

Neville is a young guy, so I can easily see him heading to Impact, Ring of Honor or possibly even New Japan. Hell, Neville's high flying style and athleticism wouldn't be at all out of place in Lucha Underground, CMLL or AAA.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information