Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All In: Zero Hour LD

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    RIP Jim Cornette.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I caught the show at the house my best friend since grade school and for a one off show, this was pretty good. I've read a few things on a few other sites and it's amazing how greatly some people are overrating this show; I mean, I get that quality is subjective but I've actually read comments from some saying that this beats any of the TakeOver events and that's just plain fucking stupid. I don't come down on people's opinions like that normally, to each his own, but there are opinions and then there's just straight up nonsense.

For the kickoff show, or whatever the hell they were calling it, we saw the Briscoe Brothers vs. SoCal Uncensored in a non-title match. I thought it was an overall good 3.25 star match, nothing special and nothing that people probably haven't or couldn't see on any ROH ppv or TV airing between these two. The battle royal was a pretty solid 2.5 star effort, ultimately a means of getting a lot of other guys on the card though a few little stories were being told in there. Flip Gordon winning was fine and at Bully Ray's expense was a nice touch.

Max Cross vs. Maxwell Jacob Friedman I gave 2.5 stars. Just an average match featuring two guys I'm just not at all familiar with. This would've been perfectly fine for the kickoff show as this was just simply there.

Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell was kind of surprising. It was a nice treat for a celebrity wrestling match to feature a celebrity who actually seemed to know what he was doing in the ring. Amell trained for this and held his own. I gave it 3 stars as it was pretty fun for what it was and it had the right outcome with Daniels, as the wrestler, going over and that's how it should be.

Tessa Blanchard vs. Chelsea Green vs. Madison Rayne vs. Britt Baker was very good 3.25 star outing for the ladies. They worked hard to pull off a physical bout in less than 13 minutes with everyone sort of getting a chance. Not surprised at all by the ending as Tessa Blanchard is on a role as of late.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Nick Aldis vs. Cody - I have to say that, overall, I just didn't care for this match all that much. I gave it 2.75 stars because I just wasn't feeling it. For one thing, it was beyond obvious what the outcome was going to be with Cody winning but they tried, in vain, to create some sort of drama that just didn't click with me. It's not really anyone's fault, it's just that you had Mr. Mickie James defending a dead championship against one of the hottest non-WWE wrestlers on the planet right now so the only way to go was to have Cody win. This match also dragged on much longer than it needed to, it clocked in at just over 22 minutes and that's a good 7 or 8 minutes longer than it needed to be. All the overbooking and shenanigans were designed to instill some additional life into the match but, to me, it just didn't work.

Adam Page vs. Joey Janela, I gave 3 stars to. A good brawl overall that went too long. I'm not all that familiar with Janela and all the stuff with Joey Ryan, I dunno, just didn't do it for me. I've just never really been a fan of Joey Ryan's schtick and the people dressed up like dicks? Funny. Stupid, tasteless and the sort of stuff that would be vehemently criticized if WWE did it, including by some of the wrestlers on this show, but still funny.

ROH World Championship: Jay Lethal vs. Flip Godon - Another 3.25 star bout that was ultimately what it needed to be but, again, I found myself turned off by some of the "sports entertainment" silliness here. While it was all going down, I kept thinking that this is the kind of stuff that WWE would be dragged over the coals for if they did it on a ppv or on an episode of Raw. Lethal retains about the 14.5 minute mark as he just never seemed to be in danger.

Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr. was a physical, fast paced 4 star bout that didn't try to overstay its welcome but could have gone on longer and I think would've been just fine. I think this match went about 17 to 18 minutes in length, but it could've gone another 10 or so and been perfectly fine. Chris Jericho popping up after Omega scored the win was a nice surprise, though I'd be more interested in seeing him do something as he's supposed to be New Japan's Intercontinental Champion.

Kazuchicka Okada vs. Marty Scurll I gave 3.25 stars. It was a good match at times but Jesus...it was much, much too long. This thing went about 27 minutes and 15 would've been more than enough. The story of Scurll rising up and trying to make it as a heavyweight is interesting and I get that they wanted him to come off looking like a tough opponent for Okada but this match just dragged.

The Golden Elite of the Young Bucks & Kota Ibushi vs. Rey Mysterio,Bandido & Fenix was the fast paced sprint that everyone was expecting. I gave it 3.25 stars as it was what it needed to be and it ended about the 11.5 minute mark. I was a little surprised this was in the main event spot instead of the NWA World Championship match, but whatever.

The good of the show was that there wasn't really anything bad on the show and that's always a good thing. Generally speaking, the wrestling was good and it was a fun atmosphere. The bad of the show was that it suffered from some of the same problems we've seen with WWE ppvs in that they tried to pack too much into one show and you had matches going way too long that ultimately took away from them while you had matches that could've been improved with a little additional time. Another potential problem is that the outcomes of the matches, except maybe the Page vs. Janela match, were completely obvious. None of the bigger stars on the show like Cody, Okada, the Bucks, Tessa Blanchard, Ibushi or Omega felt like they were in the least amount of danger losing and that could've been disastrous if this wasn't ultimately a one off show in which little to nothing mattered in the long run. The only thing to really have any significant, lasting impact will be/could be Cody carrying around the NWA World Championship, with the plan being that Cody will successfully build the strap up by carrying and defending it at ROH shows.

Overall, I give the show a B-. It was just an overall fun, super show styled house show but this didn't come close to touching any of the TakeOver events this year.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes SD619, jmt225, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Okay so I spent $40 on this to watch it live. On one hand, I paid that just to be nice, to show support to Cody and the Bucks. On the other hand, my expectations were through the roof, so I did think the quality of the show would live up to the $40 cost. And I hate to say this, but All In did not meet the hype I had for it in my head. I'm going to be brutally honest in my review here.

The kickoff show was fine. Fun tag match, very fun battle royal. No need to really review either.

Now, for the main show...

Max Cross vs. Maxwell Jacob - These two lameos should have been in the battle royal. There's no excuse for this match to exist and to open the biggest independent wrestling show of all time, especially in highsight when their time HEAVILY took away from the main event. Matt Cross is most known for being a Tough Enough joke and I've never even heard of this CAW level jabroni Maxwell Jacob. Absolutely HORRIBLE booking here to include this match on the show and it cost everyone in the end.

Christopher Daniels vs. Stephen Amell was a ball. Amell gave it all he had and they actually delivered a fun match. I also loved Jerry Lynn as the referee. This match couldn't have gone better and should have been the opener.

Now I might catch some heat for this, but I've felt this way for a long time now.... when will it be culturally acceptable to just admit that women's wrestling sort of sucks? The women's four way is a prime example of fans forcing themselves to like something that just isn't very good because they'll feel guilty for admitting that it's shit since it involves women. Nothing special happened in this match, yet the fans overreacted to every little thing. The moves in the match looked like they had zero impact, the women were slow, they got no elevation on their high spots, and their clumsiness led to multiple botches, including and especially the ending. This pretty much goes for almost every woman's match though, so I'm not singling these four ladies out. There are some exceptions to the rule like Charlotte and Kairi Sane, but man... I'm just sick of being forced fed this mediocrity and having to pretend it's the best shit ever... it's not, nowhere close. This match also was long as fuck and took up way too much time, again taking away from the main event which was the main match I wanted to see.

Nick Aldis vs. Cody went about as I expected. Nothing special of a match, but still fun. I loved the odd cameos such as Glacier and Cody's dog. Brandi looked great. Cody did a nice blade job. They tried to do an old school match with some Dusty booking silliness; I can dig it. And Cody winning of course was a nice feel good moment. Nothing too special here like I said, but I never expected it to be... about as good as one could hope for.

Adam Page vs. Joey Janela was also fun. Not a huge fan of what Janela does but still, he has his CZW audience and I understood appealing to that portion of the crowd. I also liked the way they included Being the Elite storylines in this with the ridiculous Joey Ryan stuff and the boots. The spots were over the top as expected and that's fine. Also, that Penelope Ford chick outperformed every single woman in the four way.... she was surprisingly awesome in her role in this match and kind of blew me away.

Jay Lethal vs. Flip Godon went better than I could have ever expected. I think Jay Lethal is the most generic wrestler in the World, except when he's impersonating Macho Man, so it was perfect for him to do so in this match and even bring Lanny Poffo with him to the ring. Flip Gordon did some cool stuff and it was just a good time overall. Was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr. was awesome. Those two put their foot on the gas pedal and never let up for a second. I loved it. Completely lived up to the hype. Jericho showing up post match was an amazing surprise for me and I couldn't have dug it more.

Kazuchicka Okada vs. Marty Scurll... I was disappointed with this match being booked. I thought they could have found something much better and more unique for Okada to do, and during the first half of the match, I was moaning about being so correct. However, when Okada kicked things into high gear, the match became your typical thrilling Okada bout and they actually delivered in the end, so I was pleased with it overall.

The Golden Elite vs. Mysterio, Fenix, and Bandido is where my heart breaks. Never, ever should this main event have been rushed for time. They still did a wonderful job with the limited time they had, but regardless.. the match was ultimately ruined because they could only go for less than 12 minutes before the show would cut out. Absolutely unacceptable.

I probably would have ordered the show anyway, but this 6 man was All In's main selling point for me. I LOVE Ibushi, he's probably my favorite wrestler in industry right now. And of course I love the Young Bucks. To see those guys go up against the legend that is Rey Mysterio Jr. and two of the most excited Luchadors working today.... what a dream match this was! Instead, it was just a quick spot fest. Like I said, HEART BREAKING.

Max Cross vs. Maxwell Jacob should have never been on this damn show. The women's match I at least understand, but that shouldn't have been as long as it was. Okada/Scrull could have cut their match in half. I know it's their first time producing a show and it's not easy; however, there's no excuse for the main event being the match to suffer the most because of time constraints. I absolutely could not be more disappointed with how this show ended.

I don't regret giving them my money and I do applaud everyone's effort and all the fans who paid to watch the show and support non-WWE wrestling. Overall though, All In was not worth $40 and was not as good as Summerslam, as hard as that is for me to admit. It's the truth though and I stand by it.
    Last edited by jmt225; 09-02-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I stopped watching last night to run errands but I caught the rest just now.

Few things that stood out to me from the various chatrooms I kept up with, remarks made here, etc:

• Never seen the Young Bucks wrestle til now, and I don't get how they're killing the business. Is it because they're millennials?
    • The NWA Match wasn't bad. Sappy? Sure. But knowing who would win didn't ruin my enjoyment of the match. Then again I've seen the last few NWA title bouts and they were pretty terrible. It is good to see the belt appear relevant again.
    • Undertaker dong parody was hilarious and much needed.
    • Matt Cross is underutilized by everyone not named Lucha Underground.
    • Brandi is the sexiest woman in wrestling.
    • Omega vs. Pentagon was everything I hoped it to be. Jericho was just the cherry on top.
    • Every match was long. Just about every match didn't capitalize on its momentum. All played out like a video game.

All in all (lol) I didn't hate this show. It wasn't some clinic, but neither was I bored. I haven't watched WWE in a while because I haven't found anything that interesting about it as of late. There seems to be a few things going on in ROH that I might check out. Has it rekindled my passion for wrestling? I don't know. Will I grow facial hair underneath my chin now? I feel the end coming, brothers. Hold me.

Thread Information