Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA & NFL Football 2018-2019 Thread

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Pats converted 3 3rd and longs in overtime. Chiefs had their chances. They failed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
    Pats converted 3 3rd and longs in overtime. Chiefs had their chances. They failed.
    Not on offense. If the Chiefs win the coin toss, they score a touchdown and win the game.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didnâ??t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and thatâ??s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10â??s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleansâ??s amazing offense had their chance and failed. Thatâ??s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day weâ??ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I’m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didn’t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and that’s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10’s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleans’s amazing offense had their chance and failed. That’s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day we’ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.
    I prefer the college form of overtime. With that said, I think if the NFL would quit letting teams call the coin toss, but rather have a "Home" and "Away" side of the coin, it would help alleviate some of the frustration.

It is an offense dominated league now and the team that got to call the coin toss got to pick to go on offense first and never had to leave the field.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Iâ??m glad you can see a hypothetical future. Any line on the winning lottery numbers?

They literally changed the rule a few years ago so a team didnâ??t have to drive 30 yards, kick a field goal and thatâ??s the game. Now that the Patriots run down the field, converting 3 3rd and 10â??s along the way, you want it changed? I smell hatorade. New Orleansâ??s amazing offense had their chance and failed. Thatâ??s how coin flips work. Your way guarantees that one day weâ??ll have a 6 hour game. No one wants that. Player safety is part of the reason the rule exists as is.
    The point is Kansas City didn't have the chance because they lost a coin toss. You can say they should have played defense, but (on the scoreboard) they played equally with New England for 60 minutes and only had one more possession because they lost a coin toss.

Because New Orleans failed, Kansas City shouldn't have a chance? Maybe Mahomes would've scored. Maybe he wouldn't. We'll never know because he lost a coin toss.

And I wanted the Patriots to win. I said that in another post.

The NFL doesn't care about player safety. If they did they would eliminate Thursday Night Football and kickoffs, add another bye week, increase roster limits, etc.

7. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    If you let one bad call cost you a game, then you didn't play well enough to deserve to win it. Its the same as when a kicker misses a kick and everyone blames them. If the rest of the team had performed better, you wouldn't be letting the outcome of the game ride on one single play.
    The fact is, if the Saints get that call... it's over. Saints win. They run the clock down and kick a chip shot FG to win. Point. Blank. Period.

That call decided the outcome of the game 100%.

Did the Saints have a chance to still win despite that? Sure, and I'm very disappointed in them that they weren't able to take advantage of getting the ball first in OT. But the fact remains, there is no overtime if the referee makes the correct call on the field. So yes, that call did cost them the game.

And someone said last year's loss was worse... as a die-hard Saints fan, I can confidently say the Rams game was the most heartbreaking loss in Saints history. The Saints weren't supposed to beat the Vikings last year, we were lucky to even make the comeback we did in that game. Yes, it hurt to lose with a shock play in the end, but still... we were lucky to be there in the first place. This year, we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl. This was our chance. We had the right team, the right pieces. Everything fell into place. And for the season to end the way it did for us is absolutely devastating.

Drew is a year older next year. We hardly have any draft picks. No money for FAs. Certain guys are leaving. Injuries will happen. This was probably our last chance in the Brees era to win the big one and it got robbed from us. Nothing compares to this heartbreak in terms of sports losses, NOTHING.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    The fact is, if the Saints get that call... it's over. Saints win. They run the clock down and kick a chip shot FG to win. Point. Blank. Period.

That call decided the outcome of the game 100%.

Did the Saints have a chance to still win despite that? Sure, and I'm very disappointed in them that they weren't able to take advantage of getting the ball first in OT. But the fact remains, there is no overtime if the referee makes the correct call on the field. So yes, that call did cost them the game.

And someone said last year's loss was worse... as a die-hard Saints fan, I can confidently say the Rams game was the most heartbreaking loss in Saints history. The Saints weren't supposed to beat the Vikings last year, we were lucky to even make the comeback we did in that game. Yes, it hurt to lose with a shock play in the end, but still... we were lucky to be there in the first place. This year, we were supposed to go to the Super Bowl. This was our chance. We had the right team, the right pieces. Everything fell into place. And for the season to end the way it did for us is absolutely devastating.

Drew is a year older next year. We hardly have any draft picks. No money for FAs. Certain guys are leaving. Injuries will happen. This was probably our last chance in the Brees era to win the big one and it got robbed from us. Nothing compares to this heartbreak in terms of sports losses, NOTHING.
    They ran for like 50 yards all game, Brees threw a pick, Ginn and Hill both fumbled at various points. There were instances in the game where the Saints messed up and it cost them. Blaming the refs is overlooking the poor play of the team at times. It was a shit call, but there is no guarantee of anything after that call. Guys miss chip shot FGs, Vinny missed one for us against the Chiefs.

I'm not saying the call wasn't bad, it was. I'm saying that there were multiple instances of the Saints playing poorly, and if those hadn't happened it wouldn't have come down to one single call.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They ran for like 50 yards all game, Brees threw a pick, Ginn and Hill both fumbled at various points. There were instances in the game where the Saints messed up and it cost them. Blaming the refs is overlooking the poor play of the team at times. It was a shit call, but there is no guarantee of anything after that call. Guys miss chip shot FGs, Vinny missed one for us against the Chiefs.

I'm not saying the call wasn't bad, it was. I'm saying that there were multiple instances of the Saints playing poorly, and if those hadn't happened it wouldn't have come down to one single call.
    The bottom line is, the Saints did just enough to win the game had one of the referees made the correct call that was so blatant right in front of their faces.

I believe you're a Colts fan, right Yaz? If this exact game happened between the Colts and Chiefs, and it was the Colts who got robbed, you would have the same opinion that I have about it. Every fan of every team put in this spot would.

12. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah I am, and earlier this season when we played Philly we had a couple of calls that were questionable to downright blown and it was upsetting. I'm not saying its wrong to be upset. I'm saying that there are sixty minutes in a game and that one single call was not the only deciding factor. Like when Philly beat us, we didn't play as well as we could have, so its senseless to say we lost because of one single call. Saints fans are buying billboards in Atlanta complaining about it and filing lawsuits against the NFL, that's ridiculous and petty. It's a game. There are better ways to channel that anger.

14. Likes jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah I am, and earlier this season when we played Philly we had a couple of calls that were questionable to downright blown and it was upsetting. I'm not saying its wrong to be upset. I'm saying that there are sixty minutes in a game and that one single call was not the only deciding factor. Like when Philly beat us, we didn't play as well as we could have, so its senseless to say we lost because of one single call. Saints fans are buying billboards in Atlanta complaining about it and filing lawsuits against the NFL, that's ridiculous and petty. It's a game. There are better ways to channel that anger.
    I love the billboards thing, I can't lie lol.

The lawsuit is silly though, I agree. I'm not a "it was a fix" guy. I just think the refs made a terrible mistake that ended up costing us the game and a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

16. Likes Yaz, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information