Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Milenko's Graphic Novel Reviews

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [Center]

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual.

The Storyline: It's basically an origin story for DareDevil

Artistry: Dark & Gritty much like DareDevil himself. Not usually my favorite but it works here.

Re-readability: 87%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it alot. If you're a DareDevil fan and haven't read it yet go find it soon. You won't be disappointed.

Final Thoughts: I didn't know what to think going in as I wasn't a big fan. I saw the movie but that's it. I was pleasantly surprised as I was reading this and by the end I was anxiously turning pages to see what happened next.

My Rating : * * * * 1/2 out of 5

Up Next
    The New 52 Aquaman Vol. 1: The Trench

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows awesome as per the usual even if the way the segued into thr flashbacks were a tad confusing

The Storyline: Ocean bad guys threaten people while humans don't trust or even like Aquaman very much

Artistry: Modern but not as clean & crisp as I've come to expect from the newer ones.

Re-readability: 57%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it but not being an Aquaman fan took me out of the story a bit.

Final Thoughts: It's ok but not a must read unless you're a huge Aquaman fan otherwise you'll probably face the same thing I did, good but overall meh

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Spider-Girl: Avenging Allies

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of idividual stories so the flow wasn't there like it usually is

The Storyline: The overarching story is May trying to get used to being in high school while taking over for her father (Spider-Man) as a superhero

Artistry: It was made to look like one of those old comic strips in the news paper from the coloring to how the paper it was printed on looked. It gave it a nice old school look and feel to it which was pretty cool.

Re-readability: 60%

How much I Liked It: I enjoyed it. The only small problem I had was the lack of flow between stories.

Final Thoughts: Go ahead and grab this one for a read but unless your a huge Marvel fan in general and a Spider-Man (or Girl) specifically it's not a must read.

My Rating : * * *3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Supergirl Book One

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It has an underlying story spread throughout a bunch of individual stories so the flow is just decent.

The Storyline: The overarching story is that a Protoplasmic version of Supergirl melds with a girl named Linda Danvers and can now shift between both forms. Supergirl now has to deal with having all these human emotions as well as Linda's dark past.

Artistry: It was good. Not as modern as I like but this 90s style is growing on me fast.

[B]Re-readabilityo/B]: 25%

How much I Liked It: It wasn't bad but it's not that good either.

Final Thoughts: This is a very weird read. I spent to much time being confused to really get immersed in the story.

My Rating : * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Batgirl: Silent Running

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: We're back to it being a single story that flows pretty awesome.

The Storyline: The new Batgirl has to fight her past as an assassin while fighting crime.

Artistry: Another with the newspaper comic strip style that's awesome.

Re-readability: 70%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. Another one I would recommend to any DC fan.

Final Thoughts: I'm always down for learning new things which I probably why I rated this so high.

My Rating : * * * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Gotham Academy Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: Some flow flow good while some flow like a stopped up sewage pipe. Luckily this one flowed smooth

The Storyline: The story follows Olive Silverlock as she starts another year at the prestigious Gotham Academy prep school with a bad case of amnesia. Hijinks ensue and we get some scenes with Batman and/or Killer Croc

Artistry: It's got a modern kid friendly style to the artistry which is pretty cool.

Re-readability: 80%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. I recommend this series to any Batman fan who doesn't mind a more kid oriented story.

Final Thoughts: I skipped over the first time I saw it at the library because it looked like something for kids. It is but I enjoyed it anyway. I'm glad I picked it up and can't wait to read Vol. 2 but I need to take a little detour first.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5

Up Next
    Superman: Red Son (Recommend by Lee)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

(Recommended by Lee)​

How Everything Flows Together: Perfect flow like all the other Mark Millar Graphic Novels I've read.

The Storyline: I don't want to spoil this for anyone so I'm just gonna leave you with what got me excited to read this one.

Superman is a Communist

Artistry: Modern yet classic it's perfect for the story being told.

Re-readability: 100%

How much I Liked It: I absolutely loved it. I recommend this not just to the Superman fans but DC fans in general as this story has Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Batman

Final Thoughts: What can I say but Thank You Lee for recommending this to me. I was a bit leary buying something I never heard of but I'm glad I did.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5

Up Next
    Gotham Academy Vol. 2: Calamity

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: The first story follows a secondary character & Damien Wayne. It didn't really need to be there but everything else flowed like you would've expected.

The Storyline: Olive's mother passed away and she's dealing with it the best she can. More Hijinks ensue and instead of Batman & Killer Croc we get Professor Strange & Clayface

Artistry: Same as the other one. It's got a modern kid friendly style to the artistry.

Re-readability: 58%

How much I Liked It: I really enjoyed it. I recommend this series to any Batman fan who doesn't mind a more kid oriented story.

Final Thoughts: This would have been identical to the first one except the first story just wasn't needed. Still a great read even with it.

My Rating : * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    The New 52 Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It was a bunch of individual stories so there was no flow at all

The Storyline: There's a bunch of these too. Happens in a volume like this

Artistry: All were a bit different but I would classify them as modern with a touch of grittiness to them. It fit nicely.

Re-readability: 48%

How much I Liked It: I really liked it. If you see it pick it up, it's pretty good.

Final Thoughts: I was bummed when I found out it wasn't a single story but don't let that stop you from reading it. It wasn't awful by any means.

My Rating : * * * 1/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Batgirl Vol. 1: Batgirl of Burnside

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: Much better than the last one. This one at least had a single story even if it did get irritating at times

The Storyline: Barbara Gordon (AKA Batgirl) moves to the hipster chic section of Gotham called Burnside to go to college. Her reputation precedes her and in the midst of dates, classes and being 21 she still have to fight crime

Artistry: It was modern with a hipster vibe to it so it works well with the story.

Re-readability: 42%

How much I Liked It: It was ok. Almost quite about 1/4 of the way through because it was just to much hipster for me but I toughed it out

Final Thoughts: It gets a lot better as it gets to the end. I would only recommend to the Batgirl fan as she is the only hero in it besides Black Canary in a supporting roll

My Rating : * * * out of 5

Up next
    Ms. Marvel: No Normal

Thread Information