Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Milenko's Graphic Novel Reviews

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It's the 2nd half of a single story so aside from picking up in the middle of flows great.

The Storyline: Alex Barnaby & Sam Hooker find the person they're looking for, but now have to deal with the cult.

Artistry: Just like the last one I liked it.

Re-readability: 83%

How much I Liked It:l: I enjoyed it a lot.

Final Thoughts: a great finish to an awesome story. I just wish it wasn't split into 2 parts.

My Rating : * * * * out of 5

Up Next
    The Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: Flows like free beer at a frat party.

The Storyline: Set in The Dresden Files universe PI & Wizard Harry Dresden has to find out who has been killing people at the Chicago Zoo before they kill a gorilla named Moe

Artistry: When the author himself says the artwork is how he envisioned his characters I really can't complain.

Re-readability: 100%

How much I Liked It: This is my kind of story, I loved it.

Final Thoughts: It's been a while since I said this but this is a must read for any fan of The Dresden Files or if you just like stories with magic. I can't say it got me hooked on the series but it came close. I'll definitely be buying a novel or 2, those things are everywhere.

My Rating : * * * * * out of 5

Up Next
    The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: it really doesn't because this is a collection of single comics each with it's own small plot

The Storyline: There are way to many to list here

Artistry: Old school but i really liked it.

How much I Liked It: Despite it not being a single story and the art being dated (this collection was from '59-'61) I absolutely loved it.

Final Thoughts: I don't normally give collections like this 5 stars but this one collection skyrocketed Green Lantern up to 1st place on my list of DC superheroes(tied with Batman) and 2nd favorite over all (again tied with Batman. Wolverine will always be #1). When a book does that it gets full marks from me.

Up Next
    Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows together perfectly.

The Storyline: not to much detail to go into here. The Danger Room at Xavier's mansion becomes sentient and tries to destroy the X-Men. By the end of the book they end up on the Island of Genosha where they meet up with the professor and battle the A.I. for the last time

Artistry: a bit campy for me but not to bad.

Re-readability: 96%

How much I Liked It: I've been an X-Men fan since i watched the cartoon in the early 90s so I really enjoyed it.

Final Thoughts: Not having any of the backstory from volumes 1-6 made this one a tiny bit difficult to get through. Still a great read though.

My Rating : * * * *1/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Ultimate Fantastic Four

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: flows together perfectly

The Storyline: this volume tells the tail of how The Fantastic 4 became fantastic and how they're coping as well as their first fight with Victor Von Damme(Doom)

Artistry: Not what I remember from the only other F4 G.N. I've read but that's probably because it's a different artist. On the whole not bad at all even if it is a bit weird for me.

Re-readability: 47%

How much I Liked It: I've never been a huge F4 fan but I enjoyed this. Probably because I've enjoyed everything I've read that has Mark Millar's name attatched to it.

Final Thoughts: definitely worth a read if your a F4 fan or a fan of Mark Millar. I'm still not a huge F4 fan but this helped bump them up the list by a wide margin.

My Rating : * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Daredevil: Yellow

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It's all one story so as usual the flow is good

The Storyline: It's basically another origin story for DareDevil only this time it's in one long flashback in the form of a bunch of letters to his dead girlfriend with each section being one letter.

Artistry: to amateurish for my taste. It looked like something a bored middle schooler would sketch instead of paying attention in history class.

Re-readability: 15%

How much I Liked It: It's ok. I was already aware of D.D.'s origins so this is nothing new and I didn't really care for the fact it was a bunch of love letters.

Final Thoughts: Don't bother with this if you're already up to date with the Origins of DareDevil. It'll just be a waste of your time.

My Rating : * * out of 5

Up Next
    Ultimate Avengers Vs New Ultimates: Death of Spider-Man

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows pretty good which i think will be the norm for the rest of these.

The Storyline: Someone is selling super soilders to other countries and managed to pit Carol Danvers and The Ultimates against Nick Fury and his Avengers. During the big battle in NYC between the 2 teams Spider-Man takes a bullet meant for Captain America and as the title gives away he dies. The bad guy gets stopped and the good guys wonder if the ends justify the means.

Artistry: Dark and gritty for a graphic novel that seemed to have a dark and gritty tone. I liked it.

Re_readability: 80%

How much I Liked It: while i didn't have the backstory from the previous instalments in The Ultimates series the action was enough to keep me hooked.

Final Thoughts: Another one with Mark Millar's name on it that's a great read. You're safe to read anything with his name on it.

My Rating : * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    The Ultimates

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows perfectly like I've come to expect from Mark Millar.

The Storyline: Details the set up of The Ultimates and their first fight with a crazed and jealous Hulk who tries to kill Betty Ross and I kid you not Freddie Prinze JR. They also fight the Chitauri who are nothing like the cannon fodder they are in the movies. Here they're a lot more sinister. Cap also beats Hank Pym half to death for being a wife beating, pill popping douche canoe outside of a Chicago pub I swear I've been to before.

Artistry: Simply put Bryan Hitch is an amazing artist. It's some of the best art work I've seen.

How much I Liked It: Another Mark Millar must read. I loved this one from start to finish amidst the variety of feels Millar is great at conveying

Final Thoughts: What can I say that I haven't said about a Mark Millar graphic novel already. The man is great at what he does.

Up Next
    Ultimate X-Men

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How Everything Flows Together: It flows perfectly like I've come to expect from Mark Millar.

The Storyline: Details the set up of The X-Men just like The Ultimates set up that group. First 6 stories details their fight with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants while the next 6 deal with their kidnapping and escape from a Weapon X facility in Finland. There's also a bonus story from 1975 that's pretty cool.

Artistry: Not as good as Bryan Hitch but still above average. Love the way Wolverine was done in this one.

Re-readability: 92%

How much I Liked It: It didn't make me feel the feels like The Ultimates did but it was an awesome read nonetheless.

Final Thoughts: I've read a bunch if X-Men stories doing this but this one just may be my favorite.

My Rating : * * * * 3/4 out of 5

Up Next
    Ultimate Avengers: Crime & Punishment

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Storyline: The Avengers (consisting of The Punisher, Hawkeye, War Machine, Black Widow & Tyrone Cash (The First Hulk) are tasked with killing someone who has been offing some of the richest men in America. That someone is The Ghost Rider and he's killing these men for a very specific reason.

Artistry: Gritty and a bit dark which I'm starting to loke.

How much I Liked It: Enjoyed every page. I'm a fan of everyone in this book so that makes it easier for me

Final Thoughts: it doesn't really tie in to anything else by the looks of it but it's a great stand alone and Ghost Rider is awesome in this.

Up Next
    Ultimate Avengers: Next Generation

Thread Information