Thread: A Little Sweet Chin Music?

A Little Sweet Chin Music?

According to Uncle Dave, Shawn Michaels will be coming out of retirement to have at least one more match. Meltzer says that the internal plan is for HBK to return to the ring as part of WWE's next show in Saudi Arabia, which is set for November 2nd. WWE is said to have wanted Michaels to work the Greatest Royal Rumble earlier this year, which obviously didn't happen, but WWE is getting so much money for these shows, allegedly, that they even outstrip WrestleMania.

As of right now, however, the plan is that HBK will work a tag team match. Given what's been happening on Raw, the likelihood of HBK teaming up against Triple H to face Taker and a partner is what's expected to go down and that the angle for that match will likely be set up during the Saudi Arabia show.

With the kind of money the Saudi government has been tossing WWE's way, WWE may well have quoted HBK a price that he just simply couldn't pass up. Everbody's gotta price, HAHAHAHA...â?¦(ahem) sorry 'bout that. The thing about this match is that it's only going to make most fans want to see HBK eventually have another singles go which, let's face it, something that all parties involved have to recognize is coming and this match could be a means of gauging how HBK is holding up. A tag match allows both Taker and Michaels to be more easily protected if they're not quite up to snuff, which is said to be the case with Taker as that singles matches that are 15 minutes or more are a thing of the past. Michaels is the same age as Taker with only a handful of months separating them, HBK is still in great shape and time MIGHT have treated him better than Taker. It's taken its toll no doubt, but you also have to consider the differences in the men; Michaels left the business for about 5 years due to his back, came back circa 2002 and remained an active member of the roster until his last match with Taker at WrestleMania XXVI. During Taker's career, he'd sometimes get injured, would work through the injury, sometimes suffering additional injuries along the way, sometimes the injury or injuries would worsen until surgery was need and, even then, he'd still push back taking time off until old nagging injuries coupled with age started to catch up with him in a hurry. So who knows? IF he's able to perform at a level similar to when we last saw him in the ring, then fans will be salivating for one more singles match. If he holds up well during this whole thing, if Meltzer's report is indeed accurate, then maybe an HBK singles match at WrestleMania next year is a possibility?

You wanna see it. You know you wanna see it and so does the little 16 to 18 year old shit that still lives inside all of us older wrestling fans.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    But he has short hair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's a huge waste of a opportunity if HBK returns only to wrestle against another old broken down geezer like the Undertaker.

Shawn looked in great shape Monday and while I agree it will be weird seeing him wrestle with short hair, if I'm forced to see it, I INSIST it be against prime top competition like AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins or even Roman Reigns.

Any fan who cares about seeing HBK vs. Undertaker or a DX reunion vs. Taker and a partner just needs to grow up already, I'm sorry. Legends matches are atrocious and a waste of the legends themselves. How would have Wrestlemania 18 been if instead of facing The Rock, Hogan faced Roddy Piper or Randy Savage instead?

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    It's a huge waste of a opportunity if HBK returns only to wrestle against another old broken down geezer like the Undertaker.

Shawn looked in great shape Monday and while I agree it will be weird seeing him wrestle with short hair, if I'm forced to see it, I INSIST it be against prime top competition like AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins or even Roman Reigns.

Any fan who cares about seeing HBK vs. Undertaker or a DX reunion vs. Taker and a partner just needs to grow up already, I'm sorry. Legends matches are atrocious and a waste of the legends themselves. How would have Wrestlemania 18 been if instead of facing The Rock, Hogan faced Roddy Piper or Randy Savage instead?
    Most times I would agree with this argument, but if Shawn were to come back I just don't see a story for any other opponent. I'm not saying one can't be written, but Shawn's raison d'etre for remaining retired has been respect for the Undertaker. Going against anyone else would go against those past 8 years of respect. So unless he's going to have a match against Taker AFTER facing Bryan/AJ/Gargano/Whoever, then his last match back HAS to be against Taker. There's no other story.

7. Likes Yaz, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't been entertained by an Undertaker match in a long time. His Wrestlemania squash of Cena was fine, though mostly for Cena slipping and falling when Taker did the sit up during the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Outside of that, his matches have been pretty hard to watch in recent years.

I'm sure we will end up with Taker and Kane taking on Trips and Shawn, which honestly I don't want to see. Kane isn't as bad as Taker, but he doesn't have it anymore either. Triple H can still go if he needs to, but too often he tries that thirty minute slow build stuff that bores the crowd when they would much rather see his opponent take the fight to him. Shawn retired at a time where he was still putting on good matches (his final match may have been Taker's best) but I've always wanted him to be the one guy who actually stayed retired. Like honestly I have zero interest in watching 4 men in their late 40s/early 50s relive the 90s.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of the coolest things about Shawn was that when he said he's retired, for the first time ever a fan could believe it. I don't want to see him peter out like Ric Flair and have that piece of magic wasted on what still amounts to an expensive house show. And if he could still go at it like he did in his last match, it's an even bigger waste against the likes of "take a bump using my knees" Kane and "my entrance gassed me" Undertaker. There's at least five guys any of us could name that would give us a better match with HBK even if HBK wasn't 100%.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    One of the coolest things about Shawn was that when he said he's retired, for the first time ever a fan could believe it. I don't want to see him peter out like Ric Flair and have that piece of magic wasted on what still amounts to an expensive house show. And if he could still go at it like he did in his last match, it's an even bigger waste against the likes of "take a bump using my knees" Kane and "my entrance gassed me" Undertaker. There's at least five guys any of us could name that would give us a better match with HBK even if HBK wasn't 100%.
    I totally agree with this.

I still remember getting intrigued for AJ Styles Vs. Shawn Michaels. Which was teased with a graphic for Royal Rumble 2017.

Shawn and Undertaker have proven that if they're given ample time to rest and prepare, they can put on a great performance. Undertaker vs Rusev at GRR exceeded my expectations, and by the look on Undertaker's face after he won it seemed like he even impressed himself.

I honestly love this. It's like Vince found a free money pit to use exclusively for cheap fan-service. He can put on a mega-card where the fans in attendance don't care if anything decisive occurs as a result of any of the matches.

I have full confidence in Shawn and Undertaker to put on an amazing match, with or without it being a tag team or even with or without them being against each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

12. Likes Spidey, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can't believe they're still milking a storyline that started in 2009. They used the HBK-Taker WM match to build WM 26, then bring heat to WM 27 and then they used both WM 27 and 26 to build up 28. And now they're using it again for a show in Australia which will lead to HBK's return? Lol again. Sure, it makes sense story-wise. For once. But is it worth it? I don't know. I just hope HBK doesn't come back at Wrestlemania. I'm burned out from stars coming back at Wrestlemania. Give Mania back to the main roster. Bring back legends for other special shows like Starrcade or Saudi Arabia or Super Showdown or the Moon. But keep them away from Wrestlemania. Otherwise the current stars will never EVER become draws.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I enjoyed that immensely, mainly cos bald Shawn Michaels looks kind of like a drag queen backstage, combine him with a made up Undertaker and a Kane with a mask and the whole spectacle looked like an episode of RuPaul’s gone wrong

Thread Information