Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unintentionally Funny Matches

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unintentionally Funny Matches

I posed this question to KB, but I'm curious as to what you all say. What are moments or matches that were intended to be taken seriously but had you laughing for one reason or another?

My own answer is the infamous Kennel From Hell match at Unforgiven 1998. "Rabid dogs" who ended up doing their business and getting it on with one another, live on pay-per-view. Arguably Russo's most ridiculous concept, which is especially funny when you consider that he gave us a Judy Bagwell on a Forklift match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "That's the wall, brother!" and Melina vs Alicia Fox comes to mind.

3. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's not a match but Chris Harris returning as Matt Hardy's tag team partner was pretty unintentionally funny

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lex Luger's match with Randy Savage at World War 3 comes to mind. So does just about every Luger match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Doomsday Cage Match. Highly recommended watching, it gets funnier every time I see it.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Two stand out to me. The first being the Good Housekeeping Match between Jeff Jarrett and Chyna. I know to an extent that match was supposed to be funny to humiliate Double J for holding up Vince for like three hundred thousand dollars, but Chyna was sooooo bad. At one point she was supposed to take a table bump and just jumped into the table. Them restarting the match because Jarrett used the IC Title as a weapon was the best, because no one (aside from Miz and Jericho) just has IC Titles laying around their house.

The second is the Last Man Standing match between Roman and Big Show from Extreme Rules 2015. It was a pretty good match, one of Show's best matches in the latter part of his career and one of Roman's first good solo efforts. The thing that makes it funny was at one point, Show went up for a top rope move and Roman crotched him and you can hear Show yell "Ow my balls!" and make the worst face and Roman couldn't contain his laughter. He spent the next few minutes just laughing at Show. It wasn't the last time an opponent would make Roman laugh. During a house show tour with KO as his opponent, Owens would constantly put Roman in rest holds and yell things to try to make him laugh.

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    THAT Jackie Gayda match.

12. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    A few come to mind.

That time that Hogan got a double bear hug, that was disturbingly hilarious:

Click for Spoiler:

That time that Regal lost his shit on Goldberg, straight up bitch slap at 4:18:

Click for Spoiler:

There was also the time that Sasuke went ballistic on The Dirt Bike Kid. The match was a mask vs mask match, and Dirt Bike Kid just up and takes off his mask right before the match. Sasuke sold a little, but went stiff as fuck for the finish and had to be pulled off of Dirt Bike Kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    After just watching it, DX vs Undertaker & Kane at crown jewel

Thread Information