Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you binging on Netflix?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been too busy trying to catch up on 2017 film to binge watch through any show lately.

But once I knock out the 3-5 films left to see, I'm going to FINALLY start Black Mirror. Heard nothing but great things about it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I've been too busy trying to catch up on 2017 film to binge watch through any show lately.

But once I knock out the 3-5 films left to see, I'm going to FINALLY start Black Mirror. Heard nothing but great things about it.
    What have been your cinematic highlights of 2017 thus far?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    What have been your cinematic highlights of 2017 thus far?
    Call me a sap, but I LOVED Wonder. That's probably my favorite film of the year.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Baby Driver were as great as everyone says it is. Logan Lucky was also really good.

Loved Okja and The Meyerowitz Stories from Netflix. The Jim Carrey/Andy Kaufman doc was also fantastc.

I was becoming sick of Marvel but they really won me back this last year with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Spider-Man. The Guardians films have become my favorite comic book films ever, and Spider-Man blew me away with how fun it was. I might see Black Panther this weekend, really looking forward to it.

I still need to see Logan, Lady Bird, Phantom Thread, Atomic Blonde, and I, Tonya.

It, Call Me by Your Name, Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, and Mother! all failed to meet expectations for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm severely jealous of MoviePass. We have similar schemes in the UK but I believe the cheapest is £18 a month. I see enough movies to justify it but spend several nights a week on the opposite side of London to where I live and see a mixture of arthouse and blockbuster films that no one chain is likely to carry.

I was on the verge of going to see Call Me By Your Name but then I saw someone compare it to Carol. I can "appreciate" films but I'd sooner enjoy them. Carol was gorgeous but bored me to tears.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    Call me a sap, but I LOVED Wonder. That's probably my favorite film of the year.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Baby Driver were as great as everyone says it is. Logan Lucky was also really good.

Loved Okja and The Meyerowitz Stories from Netflix. The Jim Carrey/Andy Kaufman doc was also fantastc.

I was becoming sick of Marvel but they really won me back this last year with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Spider-Man. The Guardians films have become my favorite comic book films ever, and Spider-Man blew me away with how fun it was. I might see Black Panther this weekend, really looking forward to it.

I still need to see Logan, Lady Bird, Phantom Thread, Atomic Blonde, and I, Tonya.

It, Call Me by Your Name, Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, and Mother! all failed to meet expectations for me.
    I can't believe what a great reception Wonder is getting; when I saw the trailer I laughed out loud at how saccharine it looked, but I guess maybe I'm more dead inside than most.

Glad you enjoyed Baby Driver, I LOVED it. I was blown away by the first scene and the movie just kept delivering. That and Ladybird were my two favorite movies of 2017. Not surprised to hear mother! didn't meet your expectations as I thought it was a little less ambitious than previous Aronofsky films, not to mention that he's seemed to transition to an odd biblical obsession lately, but it really stuck with me after seeing it. It was one of those films that you don't feel good about when you leave the theater, but you feel great about when you're talking about it to your friends that also saw it and are jonesing to analyze the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    I'm severely jealous of MoviePass. We have similar schemes in the UK but I believe the cheapest is £18 a month. I see enough movies to justify it but spend several nights a week on the opposite side of London to where I live and see a mixture of arthouse and blockbuster films that no one chain is likely to carry.

I was on the verge of going to see Call Me By Your Name but then I saw someone compare it to Carol. I can "appreciate" films but I'd sooner enjoy them. Carol was gorgeous but bored me to tears.
    I don't trust MoviePass, things that are too good to be true generally are.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a little late to the Stranger Things party. That, Dark, Bojack Horseman, and OITNB are queued up. From what I've seen, they're pretty good.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ooh, Dark is very good. Science fiction that sticks to its own internal rules and has the scope to expand but has the decency to demand a second season on the basis that it's compelling and not on the basis that it might eventually deign to fart out a half-explanation for unanswered questions.

Pro-tip: please watch it in German with subtitles. The twenty seconds I watched of the English dub was... off-putting.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some reason it was already in German when I started watching it. Nice to know I wasn't missing anything with the dub.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Having it in German also allowed me to annoy my girlfriend by allowing me to point out every time something wasn't a one to one translation.

I'm a lucky, lucky man.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most of my memory of the German language is naughty words, though it is such an angry language they all sound a bit naughty.

Thread Information