Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you binging on Netflix?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What are you binging on Netflix?

Updating my 'To watch' list. As you can tell from the fact I've spent over 10 years on wrestling forums, I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

What are you watching? What do I need to watch?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So as I've mentioned on the Discord, laughing has been physically uncomfortable for me since I got my surgery last Friday and I went pretty much all weekend without seeking out anything that would even possibly make me laugh. If you ever met me, you'd know this is uncharacteristic, as I'm generally very jokey person that is a pretty generous laugh.

So after two humorless days I finally compromised and watched things that aren't necessarily laugh out loud funny, but are in and of themselves charming, light, and irreverent. So today I watched the second episode of Dave Letterman's show, and this time his guest was George Clooney, who was intermittently interesting but certainly an enjoyable personality. I've also been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and I've really been enjoying that. Jerry Seinfeld does a good job hosting and some of his guests are just absolute riots. Alec Baldwin is a total weirdo, Sarah Jessica Parker is an adorable Jewish girl next door type, and Jimmy Fallon is exactly as upbeat and positive as you'd expect.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Combo of Netflix/Hulu, but The Good Place is one of my top shows. Been slowly going through Star Wars: The Clone Wars, but that's because my wife and I don't spend as much time watching it together as we'd like.

CBS All Access, we got it to do Star Trek: Discovery. The first season is complete, so now is a good time to get their free week and binge that show as there's 16 episodes. I thought it was decent, had some flaws but every Trek show prior has had really bad first seasons, this one was actually a step up. Fans are split on, I liked it, but I also like The Orville too.

Not necessarily Netflix, but we got MoviePass back in late December and we've loved using it. I've used it for 24 movies since getting it and it's reinvented my movie going experience. We've already made the money back on it and we can justify seeing a bad movie, like Downsizing, because we've can see great movies on it too. I've never once gone into Oscar season having seen virtually all the contenders, maybe one at best, this year is the first time I've seen them all. I just used it to see Black Panther twice this weekend and I don't normally see a Marvel film more than once. Having a means to see a new movie for "free" really has been great, especially when all the cinemas here accept it. I don't know how it is for where you live, but definitely something worth considering to add in addition to Netflix.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We've been looking into that. I'd definitely get it as the $9 or so it is to see a matinee is a bit much.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On the Hulu side, we recently started SVU from episode one. My girlfriend was always a big fan of the show and I found that once I actually watched it and didn't just rely on John Mulaney's stand up bit about Ice T's character, it is a pretty good show.

On Netflix we finished The End of the Fucking World recently. It is solid, if a little cringe inducing at times. The episodes are only half an hour and less than ten episodes makes it watchable in a day or two.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Not necessarily Netflix, but we got MoviePass back in late December and we've loved using it. I've used it for 24 movies since getting it and it's reinvented my movie going experience. We've already made the money back on it and we can justify seeing a bad movie, like Downsizing, because we've can see great movies on it too. I've never once gone into Oscar season having seen virtually all the contenders, maybe one at best, this year is the first time I've seen them all. I just used it to see Black Panther twice this weekend and I don't normally see a Marvel film more than once. Having a means to see a new movie for "free" really has been great, especially when all the cinemas here accept it. I don't know how it is for where you live, but definitely something worth considering to add in addition to Netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
    We've been looking into that. I'd definitely get it as the $9 or so it is to see a matinee is a bit much.
    Moviepass is literally the best subscription service I have. 10 bucks a month and you can see one movie a day. As full price tickets by me are 14 bucks for one ticket, it pays for itself the first time. Don't get me wrong I'm still spending 20 bucks at the theater to get a beer and popcorn but it's still worth it.

In terms of Netflix, I have a few that I have binged, and this calls for a list.
    1. The Crown: This was an excellent show. For me watching Matt Smith play Prince Philip was funny as I think of him as The Doctor every time he's on the screen.
    2. All of the Marvel Netflix shows: Iron Fist and Defenders were bleh but the rest were great, and Jessica Jones Season 2 comes out in a few weeks. If you're OK with violence then they're worth it.
    3. Voltron: Legendary Defender. I never watched the original but I very much enjoy the new series.
    4. Fuller House: I watched the original, and the new show is fun. At the very least it's fun to see the episodes with Danny, Uncle Jesse, Joey, or Becky.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Recently finished End of the Fucking World. Not what I was expecting but an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. I felt a lot better after realizing the lead girl is 26 or so in real life, as before that I felt a bit uncomfortable with her acting.

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed Queer Eye. I was not expecting to but it's extremely wholesome and sweet.

This is Us is excellent, though a little over the top sappy at times. If you know nothing about I strongly encourage you to watch it from the start without reading anything beforehand.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I recently finished it, but I was binge watching The Ranch. Pretty enjoyable show and funny too. Other than that I'll probably rewatch The 100 soon before the next season starts as a refresher and because it's my favorite show. Slowly watching Fuller House too, mainly for the bit of nostalgia it brings back.

I need to find a new show to watch on there though, been thinking about watching Sense8, anybody seen it? Not sure if it's worth investing time in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't been watching anything on Netflix recently.

However, I have been viewing Babylon 5 from the start for the first time. Knee-deep in the Shadow War.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wifey's been cruising through The Last Kingdom, so by osmosis I've been watching it off and on with her since the weekend.

I'm part way through the series Altered Carbon, which has been an absolutely fantastic cyberpunk/sci-fi series. The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, not quite on par with Blade Runner 2049 but they certainly put some serious effort into it.

Thread Information