Thread: Booyaka Booyaka!

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Booyaka Booyaka!

Via PWI:
    Rey Mysterio has signed his deal to return to World Wrestling Entertainment, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Mysterio has signed a two year contract with the company. He had been trying to negotiate an 18-month contract, but WWE wanted a two year deal, finally getting it. We have been told by sources, however, that Mysterio did work a clause into the deal that would allow him to give notice at the 18 month mark.

Mysterio is preparing for his return and just waiting for WWE to manuever him back into their storylines.

It's exciting news at face value. Rey has been looking like he's time travelled from 1998 to be with us. That being said, creative efforts are so weak lately, I'm excited for the possibilities of his match ups but not expecting much either.

Good for Rey. Make that cheddar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    His 2002-2004 theme where he'd jump out from the ground was the best entrance.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He could inject life into 205 Live, which is about the only place on the main roster with consistent writing right now. He is too big a star to be there though so I'm sure he will be in a drawn out feud with Baron Corbin soon.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    205's a great spot for him, and maybe more plausible than you think. RAW's recent addition of Lio Rush and Rockstar Spud might be an indicator that Rey could be both the face of 205 Live AND feud with Baron Corbin.

6. Likes Yaz, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can he just be the face of 205 and avoid Corbin? I don't wanna see him get chinlocked to death.

Using him to add star power to the Cruiserweight Division could work, though I'm not sure it'll go down that way. In the grand scheme of things, even though 205 Live is supposed to now be directly under Triple H's control, it's still associated with the main roster and that makes me feel that Vince is okay with Trips being in control as long as 205 Live continues to exist in its own little bubble. Mysterio is an expensive guy so don't be at all surprised if Vince feels that the big money he'll spend on Mysterio is better served by not having him be part of something that Vince has never been keen on in the first place, with that something being a cruiserweight division. For instance, Rey is someone I could easily see Vince deciding to use to further bolster and manufacture a legacy for Roman Reigns or, and this is one I'd actually look forward to, helping to establish Andrade Cien Almas as the next big Hispanic star WWE has been looking for as the kid has all the tools including a great mouthpiece in Zalina Vega and the in-ring ability to work just about any style comfortably.

I could also see Rey and Baron Corbin because Vince is really sort of gotten back on a big man kick the last year or so. I mean, the whole basis of his feud with Finn Balor was because Balor is a "little guy", not really as Balor is basically just a normal sized guy who's about 5'10 or 5'11 and 190 lbs while Rey is, what? About 5'5" and is probably down to about 155 to 165 lbs.? I think Corbin makes a good heel and there are times when he's fun inside the ring, but the man has trouble in matches that go longer than 8 to 10 minutes as then, much like Jinder Mahal, he'll slap on the reverse chinlock 3 or 4 times and just kill the energy
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bobby Lashley's return looks like a crime scene for homicide, so my hopes for how they treat Mysterio are below zero.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Reynolds didn't say the company was bigoted before he left last time. I think he'll be ok.

The latest on Mysterio is that he's set to make his return at SmackDown 1,000 in a few weeks. There was speculation that he might pop up at Super Show-Down this Saturday, and I suppose he always could since his return to SD would technically be his return to WWE television. After all, we all know how much WWE officials love tossing out and playing with technicalities.

Mysterio's deal is also said to be for 2 years; Mysterio reportedly wanted 18 months but settled for 2 years but has the option of giving his notice at the 18 month mark.

Mysterio being back on the blue brand is a good move in my opinion. Right now, Raw is all about the Shield, Strowman, Ziggler & McIntyre and Ronda Rousey. The six man feud encompasses the main event, mid-card and tag team title feuds all rolled into one so just about every other male wrestler on the roster is sorta just there for the time being. There's far less of a risk of Mysterio being lost in the shuffle and you've got guys like Nakamura, Almas, Joe, Miz, Styles, Bryan, Orton and a few others that could all make for potentially strong feuds for Mysterio.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE has now confirmed that Mysterio will return at Smackdown 1000.

Works for me. There's plenty of dream matches and feuds, especially with Almas, Cesaro, Joe, Styles, Nakamura, and Bryan.

14. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information