Thread: I'm Really Digging Impact Wrestling

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm Really Digging Impact Wrestling

So I recently got back into watching Impact Wrestling. It was the Austin Aries vs Pentagon Jr. match that did it and I've kept watching.

While it hasn't been perfect it feels like a more well rounded product than WWE has been. There's character development for wrestler's across the board and not just the main event guys. I'm really enjoying the LAX vs OGz feud, Su Yung is really engaging, as is Tessa Blanchard (can't wait for Rosemary to return) I'm enjoying Pentagon vs Sami Callihan (even if it feels a bit dragged out) Matt Sydal and his third eye is really cool and Brian Cage being a beast is also interesting. Heck I'm enjoying Grado and Joe Hendry.

So what do you like about Impact and what would you say they could do to improve?

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd like this deceptively good wrestling show to feel consequential. I don't know how you make that happen but it's what it needs.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been wanting to get back in. Really wanting to. And while I trust the growing number of positive reviews I'm seeing, just, man, I've been burned by Impact Wrestling more than once. It's really a matter of time before I get back in, and I'm sure I'll kick myself for not starting again sooner, but there it is.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I'd like this deceptively good wrestling show to feel consequential. I don't know how you make that happen but it's what it needs.
    Consequential how? Do you mean like feud endings?

Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I've been wanting to get back in. Really wanting to. And while I trust the growing number of positive reviews I'm seeing, just, man, I've been burned by Impact Wrestling more than once. It's really a matter of time before I get back in, and I'm sure I'll kick myself for not starting again sooner, but there it is.
    Just put it on in the background and go from there

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I mean it's got to feel like it has consequences. It's still the most disposable wrestling around.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know they still have Mundo in a main event spot and Aries technically had a WWE run, but the majority of the guys getting major screen time aren't just WWE rejects they pushed to the moon. They are actually letting home grown talent try things and they are making great use of the AAA talent. There are still holes. The X Division is still just Cage and a bunch of guys who look like 2K Career mode jobbers and outside of the OGs vs LAX the tag division is kinda meh, though the eventual end of Pentagon and Callihan should free up oVe and potentially see the Lucha Bros as a pair. Fans also still wanna cheer Moose.

Overall though, it has improved a lot from even just the beginning of the year. I don't tune in each week because in general I don't watch much aside from The Network right now, but rarely have I been disappointed over the last few months.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Something else I really dig about Impact is the commentary.

I honestly don't get the hate for Josh Matthews. He was decent in WWE and he's perfectly fine now. I like Don Callis' persona of liking whoever and defending them regardless of if they're face or heel. It feels very similar to real life fans.

They're also not plugging their network every thirty seconds (once every ten minutes maybe)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Something else I like about Impact is that the feuds are linked. Even a little slightly. I liked how when Eddie Edwards was feuding with Tommy Dreamer they referenced his Sami Callihan feud. I like how the OGz feud with the Lucha Bros references the OGz feud with LAX. I like how Sami Callihan's feud with Brian Cage relates to the Pentagon Jr feud

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Something else I like about Impact is that the feuds are linked. Even a little slightly. I liked how when Eddie Edwards was feuding with Tommy Dreamer they referenced his Sami Callihan feud. I like how the OGz feud with the Lucha Bros references the OGz feud with LAX. I like how Sami Callihan's feud with Brian Cage relates to the Pentagon Jr feud
    Continuity helps a lot.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This guy here. Kinda makes me think of Sean O'haire's Devil's Advocate gimmick if WWE had the follow through. Awesome.

Thread Information