Thread: How long 'til we get "Brie's gonna kill you" chants?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How long 'til we get "Brie's gonna kill you" chants?

The list is growing; two bad dives in one match, a questionable looking running knee, a terrible finish to a PPV match, and now an opponent concussed by two wreckless kicks to the head. Oh, and the forearm/slingshot spot later in that very match with the Riott Squad. If we were talking about one or two incidents, we could chalk it up to "accidents happen" and the like, but the laundry list of evidence is somewhat damning; Brie Bella is pretty wreckless.

Brie was never Molly Holly or Trish Stratus when it comes to in ring performance, but she was always able to perform without, y'know, any major incidents. Since her return it's been a complete different story. Botches left and right culminating in a serious injury, and while I estimate Liv Morgan is not faultless in the timing of her leaning into the kick, it's still troubling to see Brie involved in something so damaging.

I don't underestimate the value of the 'Bella Brand' for WWE, but when will someone step in and send her on an extended stay at the Performance Center, or reevaluate her on-air role?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well, she's married to Indy darling Daniel Bryan. So, probably never.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

3. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE execs claims the Bellas target a very specific audience, but they never really specify which audience that is. Truthfully, the two are fairly over, and it isn't like Nikki didn't show actual improvement in the last few years, but Brie has long been the afterthought. From the shitty theme song, to the awful catch phrase, to the missile dropkick that often didn't connect, to the smaller boobs. I get that they are people WWE want front and center and they will have their announcers push the narrative that they are both great and beloved by all, but at this point Nikki is the only one with real value.

5. Likes OYDK, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I kinda feel bad for Daniel Bryan because he's constantly got to defend his wife against the criticisms of fans, no matter how legitimate those criticisms are. Brie has shown herself to be sloppy, reckless and most definitely in need of a good long tune up at the WWE Performance Center since her return but what can Bryan do? She's his wife and even though she does come off as a good wife and mother, and person in general compared to the more materialistic Nikki, it's not as if he can just come out and agree with a lot of the things that've been said about her even if there's a part of him that wants to or thinks the fans are 100% right.

To be honest, I sorta see Brie being married to Bryan as really the main thing that's kept her relevant for a while. As has been pointed out, Nikki is someone that has legitimately improved and Brie was never really on her level. Nikki seems to have not missed a step while Brie, who was never all that great but was at least competent, has regressed to the point where she's really becoming a professional embarrassment. Also, it's been clear that Nikki is the one WWE officials have pushed harder and put more focus on, but a LOT of that is because she's spent the last half decade or so being John Cena's main squeeze. During their feud, which was beyond lousy, Nikki came out on top. Nikki became the longest reigning Divas Champion, again due mostly to John Cena rather than her own ability, Nikki sacrificed Brie at the women's Royal Rumble, etc. so WWE obviously picked her to be the bigger star. Without Daniel Bryan, Brie would probably be completely enveloped into Nikki's shadow by now given WWE's preference for Nikki.

This is pure 100% speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bella Twins spent a LOT of time essentially whoring themselves out for WWE. Whenever WWE courts celebrities, whenever they had celebrities on Raw, they always sent the Bella Twins or you saw them basically draped all over the celebrities, virtually all of whom were male. Not making any accusations, it's just that the Bella Twins were far more mercenary at one point than they have been, they cozied up to the right people in management, etc.. In a world where Donald Trump is President of the United States and actually has millions of people defending his words and actions, the notion of WWE pimping out two women willing to get ahead isn't all that crazy of an idea.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 09-27-2018 at 02:04 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Daniel Bryan because he's constantly got to defend his wife against the criticisms of fans, no matter how legitimate those criticisms are. Brie has shown herself to be sloppy, reckless and most definitely in need of a good long tune up at the WWE Performance Center since her return but what can Bryan do? She's his wife and even though she does come off as a good wife and mother, and person in general compared to the more materialistic Nikki, it's not as if he can just come out and agree with a lot of the things that've been said about her even if there's a part of him that wants to or thinks the fans are 100% right.

To be honest, I sorta see Brie being married to Bryan as really the main thing that's kept her relevant for a while. As has been pointed out, Nikki is someone that has legitimately improved and Brie was never really on her level. Nikki seems to have not missed a step while Brie, who was never all that great but was at least competent, has regressed to the point where she's really becoming a professional embarrassment. Also, it's been clear that Nikki is the one WWE officials have pushed harder and put more focus on, but a LOT of that is because she's spent the last half decade or so being John Cena's main squeeze. During their feud, which was beyond lousy, Nikki came out on top. Nikki became the longest reigning Divas Champion, again due mostly to John Cena rather than her own ability, Nikki sacrificed Brie at the women's Royal Rumble, etc. so WWE obviously picked her to be the bigger star. Without Daniel Bryan, Brie would probably be completely enveloped into Nikki's shadow by now given WWE's preference for Nikki.

This is pure 100% speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bella Twins spent a LOT of time essentially whoring themselves out for WWE. Whenever WWE courts celebrities, whenever they had celebrities on Raw, they always sent the Bella Twins or you saw them basically draped all over the celebrities, virtually all of whom were male. Not making any accusations, it's just that the Bella Twins were far more mercenary at one point than they have been, they cozied up to the right people in management, etc.. In a world where Donald Trump is President of the United States and actually has millions of people defending his words and actions, the notion of WWE pimping out two women willing to get ahead isn't all that crazy of an idea.
    Not to defend the WWE exactly, but I'm willing to bet a lot of women in the world would not pass up the opportunity to have sex with celebrities. Add in the fact that the bellas think they're big shots they'd probably (Pure assumption) want to be the ones associating with celebrities instead of someone else on the roster.

At this point surely they can just put her in some kind of on screen management position to get her out of the ring. If things keep going the way they are, nobody is going to want to get in the ring with her which will be more embarrassing than being sent to the performance centre now

8. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I know you're just speculating, but even if true, does it really matter? The Bellas are pushed because they're the biggest stars in the women's division, excluding Rousey and maybe Charlotte. Maybe they're not the best wrestlers, but if they're making more money, who cares?

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just wanna put this here while we are on the subject.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/LameBestAtlanticbluetang

12. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is gold! I've watched it loop a dozen times now. New favourite botch.

Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I know you're just speculating, but even if true, does it really matter? The Bellas are pushed because they're the biggest stars in the women's division, excluding Rousey and maybe Charlotte. Maybe they're not the best wrestlers, but if they're making more money, who cares?
    Oh I'm not saying it does matter, it's just a theory, one without a shred of proof of course, that I've had in my head for a while and all this talk about how lousy the Bella Twins have been in the ring just sort of brought it back to the forefront. During the heyday of the Bella Twins, women in pro wrestling were primarily an afterthought in American circles. Sure, TNA had a viable women's division but it was never treated as being nearly as important as the men and while that's still true in WWE, things are much closer than they've ever been. So since women were primarily masturbatory fodder during the prime years of the Bella Twins in WWE, can't really blame 'em for doing whatever it took to get ahead; I mean, if you're seen as tits and ass by the male wrestlers, some company executives as the fans, then you may as well put it to good use getting what you can while you can.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

15. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information