Thread: William Regal Appreciation Thread

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

William Regal Appreciation Thread

As an NXT fan, I often catch myself regretting how much I failed to appreciate William Regal in his heyday. I mean, he was always great, but he was great throughout an era of great! I'd like to repair my lack of gratitude towards Regal in some small way through this thread, compiling clips and memories.

Honestly, this might be one of my favourite promos of all time.

Anyone who posts Kiss My Ass Club gets added to my ignore list(not really but).

I've also been a big fan of William Regal, I've just always liked the man's work. He was never particularly flashy or athletic, didn't have a great physique but probably had more technical and mat knowledge in his pinky finger than most wrestlers today ever thought of having and a legit toughness that's just not really seen around American mat circles anymore. For instance, back in Regal's day, if you were training and you screwed up, you might be made to run until you just couldn't run anymore or take half a dozen hard chops from every other person that was being trained, along with the wrestlers doing the instruction. Nowadays, at least if WWE used such methods of discipline in the Performance Center, some millennial trainee would take to Facebook or Twitter and claim they were being bullied and physically abused.

I would absolutely love for Regal to go into the HOF as soon as possible. I know that this probably won't happen, but one little scenario I always had in my head was Triple H coming out to the ring on the premise of having some sort of "major announcement." He asks all the Raw roster members present to line up on the stage, because you know this is something that'd only go down on Raw, after he himself has already made his way out to the ring. Trips states that this "announcement" isn't so much of an announcement as it is a request on his behalf, on the behalf of the fans, the boys and girls in the back, etc. that he personally ask this person if they would accept an invitation to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame; a really nice video presentation of shown featuring some of Regal's greatest moments as a wrestler, a narrator talking about his success in "sports entertainment" as a Superstar but adding that his greatest legacy could be that of a teacher. The video switches to footage of him working down in NXT, giving advice to those at the PC, maybe showing him giving a few demonstrations of some technical moves, comments and footage of stars who've come to the main roster from NXT and who're currently in NXT praising Regal. Once the video ends, I expect fans will now know what's coming and Trips asks Regal if he'd come down to the ring, which he does to thunderous applause, maybe WWE's even gone the extra mile in flying in Regal's family, without his knowledge, to be here as Triple H goes on for a bit telling everyone how much Regal has to do with the success of NXT, WWE's expansion and growth into what to look for in talent, how he's someone that Triple H has constantly relied on for his knowledge, etc. before saying that he's "putting him on the spot" with this set up by asking him formally if he'd be the first inductee into the HOF.

I'd do all this during a time of the year when it's normally much too soon to start announcing the HOF class but this would guarantee Regal a prominent spot in the coming ceremony, as you know he'd say yes, of course, and it'd be a genuine feel good moment for someone that's widely respected in pro wrestling and a feel good moment that has a much more intimate feel to it, one that feels more close to home as this wouldn't be a moment involving any of the various corporate sponsorships like the Special Olympics or Susan G. Konnen or what have you.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have nothing but praise for Regal. Solid in-ring, good on the mic. Very humble human being. Runs NXT great and probably a huge asset at the Performance Center. He no doubt should get into the HoF.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    HeĆ¢??s also a good follow on Twitter, absolutely loves the history of the business and is clearly very knowledgeable about it. Always liked Regal for never being a flashy worker but was always logical in his approach

Thread Information