Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All PPV to be dual-branded, AND BE FOUR HOURS LONG

Senior Member TheManTheyCalledNorCal's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All PPV to be dual-branded, AND BE FOUR HOURS LONG

With a one hour pre-show !!

Every day we stray further from God.

This is a goddamn atrocity on many fronts, the first being the lack of star building opportunities.

Further, it's very disheartening that their answer to poor sales was this, instead of working towards building new stars.

Also who the hell wants 5 hour shows every month...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ok, so, are they also changing the PPV schedule? Because its one thing to have a PPV every 2-3 weeks when its a Raw or SD only PPV, but will they really keep the current ridiculous schedule but also have all of them dual-branded? Because 2 weeks is not enough time to build a damn PPV.

I do prefer dual-branded PPVs though, timing aside. 4-5 hours plus overrun is ridiculous however. My original hope was we'd get better quality shows because we'd have less mid/low level guys and nothing matches. But with the time increase, theyll have to fill it somehow. Makes no sense to anyone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SMH

I don't understand this move at all, and to me it defeats the purpose of having so many titles. Why have separate world, women's and tag team titles if they're all going to defended on the same shows every month? Instead of having 4 hour shows with all of these titles being defended, how about consolidating the titles and have them be more coveted and prestigious?

It also feels like they're giving up on the brand split to a certain extent, and it hasn't even been two years. I was hoping for a proper WWE draft sometime around late April, like we had up until 2011. I'm sure we'll still get that, but it makes me wonder if WWE is already ready to pull the plug on the brand split.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A guaranteed way to eliminate any individuality a program already had. This devalues the times that dual-branding makes sense, like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Let's just do this and run for a godawful length of time to make sure fans are exhausted enough not to be interested the next time we do this. Ridiculous and definitely on top of the list of things I hate about WWE right now. They seem to care about advertisement more than people. Four hours is garbage.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I welcome the idea of dual-branded PPVs, just not at four hours long. There have been some weak matches on PPV due to the brand split, so I'm happy that this should bolster each card with top talent. But I'm afraid they're going to really start to drag at four hours long. WrestleMania is the only PPV that should be that long.

I was against the idea of the brand split from the start, and it hasn't taken long for the cracks to show in the foundation. A brand split is just a poor idea. They need to go back to having one roster for both Raw and Smackdown. Five hours of television between Raw and Smackdown, plus whatever B-shows and YouTube videos they have, is plenty of time to get talent over.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm surprised it took this long to set up. Really, WWE has given up on improving their product and seems to think the answer is just more content. This is going to turn the shows into more of a chore and is going to include several instances of asking "how long is this match going to go", which isn't the kind of thing you want to see on a pay per view.

As for it being dual branded, that's not going to help much either as people like Elias aren't likely to get a chance to shine as they'll have to pack in all the title matches and top stories. But hey, this is going to raise ticket sales....somehow, right?

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unless they change up their schedule I don't see myself watching anymore. I can only see the same people doing the same thing month after month before i just stop caring.

Looks like it's NxT and old shows on the Network for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I see both good and bad with this. The good being more matches that matter and likely have better quality making the shows better and easier to sit through. But the bad is we're likely to see a lot of the same people all the time and you can almost guarentee that at least one of the midcard belts (US, IC, Cruiserweight) get stuck on the pre show most of the time. If they reduce the number of PPV's this shouldn't be too bad, but if they keep the same number of PPV's this is going to very exhausting.

I do hope this doesn't signal the beginning of the end of the brand split, I'm really liking it overall and it's led to quite a few people breaking out that wouldn't have had the chance to before.

9. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I liked the earlier schedule WWE decided much better than this. Dual branded is something what just Big 4 or 5 PayPerViews should've used. Not each and every PayPerView. And then, 4 hours is surely too much of time. And I think that we won't get much personal grudge matches either. Mostly title matches unless and until they are actually ending brand split.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't care if PPVs are dual branded or not, but there are way too many of them. I used to just watch the PPVs, but now there are so many of them that even that is a chore. Quantity isn't quality, and wrestlers having to compete to get on the card in the first place will see them up their game. Still do two house show tours, so there will still be enough dates to make a living.

Thread Information