Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All PPV to be dual-branded, AND BE FOUR HOURS LONG

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Keeping in the spirit of nostalgia, I'm going to cherry pick a single sentence out of your lengthy post to respond to:

Quote Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
    AJ Styles can be world champion, having legitimate world championship matches, precisely because he is insulated from the Brock Lasnar experiment by dint of being on a separate brand.
    You saw Survivor Series, right? You really should because the match to which I'm referring was a cracker.

And if you thought you could make me openly admit that Sami Zayn's world title run will be mediocre but that I'm not disheartened because I subscribe to the frankly Marxist belief that any indie darling must first have a mediocre run as a secondary world champion before they achieve full communism (I mean, uh... true success) then you are sadly mistaken.

P. S. You should really just watch NXT.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I understand the idea of wanting to do dual brand PPVs. They want the stars on the shows to get more buys and more views on the Network. People want to see Rollins, Reigns, Balor, Styles, etc. every month. Not every other month. The problem with this scenario is that people DON'T want to see the mid-card guys every month. So with that being said there's an easy solution.

Keep 3 hour, single brand PPVs and give the off brand one match on the show. That would take up 20-25 minutes of the show with more stars, and it would keep the midcard feuds on the PPV. Hell give the off brand 1 PPV match and 1 kickoff match if you want. You then get rid of the filler content, keep the show a manageable 3 hours (1 hour kickoff), and you don't sacrifice the mid-card.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm fine with the 4 hours thing. If anything the pay per views I have found to be an absolute chore to get through are the single branded ones, because let's be honest if i'm sitting through a dull match and the main event is Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal, I really don't have a lot to look forward to. Now if that match was on a duel branded pay per view and the Raw main event is like John Cena vs Samoa Joe or something I don't mind.

4. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am all for removing the massive amount of PPV's and limiting them down to a much more digestible number. Hopefully, with these dual-branded PPV's, we will get to see the likes of Hell in a Cell and TLC removed from the line-up down the road to bring back their uniqueness for matches that truly call for one of those matches. Hosting a Hell in the Cell match because the PPV is a Hell in a Cell feels forced and takes away what made that match special. When someone challenges another person to a Hell in a Cell match, it should be done by the wrestler, not the PPV or GM, because they utterly hate the other wrestler and would risk anything to hurt them. Make those hatred-filled feuds mean something again!

I am concerned for time, though. Whilst the PPV's will be four hours long, they will need to make some cuts. With the amount of talent, divisions and titles on the roster, some of those will need to be cut, too. Do they make room for TWO World titles, TWO midcard belts, TWO women's titles, TWO tag team titles and a Cruiserweight championship every PPV? If so, that's NINE matches already and that doesn't include the regular feuds.

Bright side is that those featured on the PPV will feel like they deserve the time because they've earned the spot, rather than just finding people to fill time. I'd rather watch RAW to see up-and-coming guys make a name for themselves and watch the PPV to see major matches resolve. Similar to what NXT is doing... or, y'know, how wrestling should be booked.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't have a problem with this really. I've often thought that both brand PPV's have lacked star power to a certain degree. It doesn't matter how good the story between Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley was, for example, I'd much rather see Seth Rollins take on someone like Finn Balor for those 15-20 minutes.

There are obvious upsides and downsides to the move but I'm willing to let the cards fall where they may before I make a decision. What I'm not really keen on, however, is every PPV being of the same ilk. There's what, 9 Championships in the WWE now and they'll likely want most of them defended at the PPV. They run the risk of it being a copy and paste job every month.

7. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    They run the risk of it being a copy and paste job every month.
    To be fair thatâ??s how itâ??s been with the single branded pay per views. How many times did Charlotte and Sasha Banks wrestle between Raws and pay per views? How many times did Ambrose and Styles go at it? Iâ??m also pretty sure there was some combination of Reigns/Rollins vs Jericho/Owens every single week throughout the fall up until the Rumble.

9. Likes Dave liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have zero issue with this. There were way too many PPV to begin with. I swear it seemed like every other week there was a PPV coming. Going to one a month is perfect. I'd rather see them alternate months and do 5 dual PPV bit that requires long term booking and we know that likely wouldn't turn out so hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So is this supposed to start tonight?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So is this supposed to start tonight?
    No this PPV still a Raw exclusive show while Fast lane will be a Smackdown exclusive. This two PPVs will be the last of the separate brand exclusives.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

13. Likes Slyfox696 liked this post

Thread Information