Thread: Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other...e-top-13462549

This is very sudden and extremely shocking news. You never expect this to happen to anyone, let alone a man who by all accounts appeared to be in peak physical condition.

Leukaemia is a particularly horrendous cancer, and I sincerely hope that Roman can at least beat it down, and come back, and get the run he really deserves, as well as the support of the fans.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I swear the Universal belt is cursed.

Finn Balor dislocates his shoulder when he wins it

Kevin Owens gets treated like shit

Reigns has leukaemia.

The only people it didn't affect were Goldberg and Lesnar because they were part time.

Sure hope Reigns recovers. I don't really care if he comes back or not. Getting healthy for himself and his family is the important thing. If he can come back great but his health is the most important thing.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I knew something was up because this was the first time I'd ever seen Roman Reigns come out to the ring not wearing his ring gear. He always comes out in his boots, black pants, his "combat vest" or whatever it is and his hair down.

In one respect, Vince finally got what he wanted in that the fans finally gave Roman Reigns a great babyface reception, all it took was the man telling the world that the cancer he's been battling since he was little more than a kid has returned.

Everyone that has a grain of humanity hopes he can make a full recovery and if/when he makes his return, Vince could take a lesson from this situation. That wasn't "Roman Reigns" talking last night, that was Joseph Anoa'i using his own words, being genuine and speaking straight from the heart and that's what WWE needs a lot more of. Of course, Vince often comes off like Donald Trump in the sense that he doesn't learn lessons but rather tries to force the universe to bend to his own designs and, in the process, usually makes things far more difficult than they have to be.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post
    I've done a little bit of research and it's possible that Reigns might not be back, and I don't mean that in terms of losing his battle against Leukemia but in that the process of getting over it is an extremely long one. Reigns has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and the treatment runs in stages, three stages to be exact: remission induction, consolidation therapy, and maintenance therapy. A lot of the process depends upon whether the patient requires surgery and, if so, how many procedures along with how the patient responds to chemotherapy; it's an extremely long process and the timeline, provided that everything goes well and he responds well to the treatments, could be between 2 and 3 years.

Of course, there are factors that have to be taken into account such as the fact that Roman Reigns is an athlete who takes care of himself. The guy's always been in great shape and a lot of the wrestlers he works with and/or are friends with know as much about nutrition as a professional nutritionist, Reigns may know quite a bit too, so that's something to consider. The therapies he undergoes will change his body in some ways, which could include losing a lot of weight or muscle mass, he could potentially wind up looking much older than he is, it all just depends on a number of factors, some of which can't be known or planned. Even if Reigns' Leukemia goes into remission once again, there's a possibility that he might not be the same as he once was; cancer is hard on the body but cancer and the therapies used to treat it can be one big ass double whammy that someone might not ever truly recover from, at least when it comes to having the physical prowess they once had.

At the very, very least, and this is just me guessing, Reigns will be out for at least a year and a half and the show must go on. I know he said that last night wasn't a retirement speech but, in all honesty, it may very well wind up being the first part of one as it's possible that he won't have the needed physicality to endure the grind of being a pro wrestler if he succeeds in beating cancer again. If he does come back, or attempt a comeback, then WWE will be pretty different by then as other wrestlers will come along. From a purely business perspective, Reigns being gone, possibly forever, opens up a whole world of possibilities for guys to be elevated to top level spots. For instance, there's a strong chance that Braun Strowman walks out of Crown Jewel, if they wind up having the show, as Universal Champion as I don't see them putting the strap back on Lesnar as I think Lesnar will now be someone they bring in every once in a while for certain shows as he's already done as much as he possibly can, especially with the limited schedule he had.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Certainly hoping for the best for Reigns. And if he is able to overcome the cancer and come back to work, as Jack-Hammer said, it could be to his benefit in terms of a babyface reaction. But that, of course, is secondary to what is most important.

10. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post
    Leukemia is rough, but it's good that they caught it early.

I knew a guy who was the healthiest guy I ever knew, and out of nowhere he started bruising badly and his back was swelling from minor abrasions. We were in a Middle Eastern country at the time, and the doctors there figured out that he had Leukemia. His first reaction was "Bullshit, I'm going back to work", and they told him point blank that if he left the hospital he wouldn't live to see tomorrow. They had to pump him full of blood platelets, and schedule him for a bone marrow transplant.

He survived, and has made a full physical recovery. I'm confident, but still praying, that Roman can beat this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Ollie liked this post

Thread Information