Thread: What's The Skinny On WALTER?

What's The Skinny On WALTER?

Pretty much like the title of the thread asks, I'm curious to know more about this guy WALTER, yeah in all caps.

According to Uncle Dave, WWE is interested in signing him. He further states that there were talks with him around the same time they were talking with Keith Lee but that WALTER is under contract to Westside Xtreme Wrestling, which is in Germany if I'm not mistaken and WALTER himself is German or Austrian. At any rate, the talks were also sort of derailed as, allegedly, he doesn't want to be away from home for long periods of time. So, the story now is that he might be signed to NXT UK as it would allow him to continue to work the indy scene in Europe, including his home company of Westside Xtreme Wrestling. The idea would be that WALTER would be used similarly with some UK stars like Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne where he'd be flown in sometimes to do regular NXT TV tapings while still being one of the top stars in NXT UK, when they finally get things up and running.

From what I understand, WALTER is a pretty big star on the independent circuit these days both in Europe and the United States. The story I read made mention that he's currently the World Champion in Progress Wrestling, which is based in London, and in Pro Wrestling Guerilla in Los Angeles.

So, is the guy worth signing? I'm not familiar with him, I've heard the name mentioned a few times but, to be fair, that's not saying a whole lot as just about every remotely significant name in the indies has his or her own hardcore fan base proclaiming them to be the greatest thing to ever hit the business.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not very familiar with WALTER either. I think there was an image of him floating around a while back giving a guy chest slaps and they looked fucking horrendous. But if there's buzz then of course the company should look at him and see what he's got going on.

Also find it interesting that the stigma of indie wrestlers is kinda going the wayside for the big promotions these days. Homegrown talent ain't what it used to be.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Who in the world is WALTER?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of the things he has going for him is he is 300+ and just looks like a hoss. I've only seen three or four of his matches in PWG, but he had one against Ricochet in late 2017 that was very good. Like most PWG guys, Meltz overrates him, but as a ass kicking heel, I think he has potential.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bring him in to work alongside Marcel Barthel (who lost to Keith Lee on NXT) to form a version of Ringkampf.

Then put them against British Strong Style.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's just a guy who chops very hard.

Take away those chops and nothing else really stands out about him. One of the most overrated wrestlers in the business imo.

Thread Information