Thread: Rumor: Top Star(s) Refusing To Work Crown Jewel

Rumor: Top Star(s) Refusing To Work Crown Jewel

According to Dave Meltzer, John Cena has informed the WWE brass that he will not take part of the Crown Jewel show in Saudi Arabia. Meltzer has also heard rumors that Daniel Bryan has also refused to take part in the event, though he claims that Cena's refusal is confirmed while Bryan's remains a rumor at this point.

This throws a big monkey wrench into the event as Cena is scheduled to take part of the "WWE World Cup" tournament, the matches of which will ultimately comprise most of the matches on the card. Cena's one of the biggest stars in the history of the company and he's someone that's ALWAYS done anything and everything the company has asked of him, so a refusal on his part is a pretty significant development in this whole shit sandwich that Vince is determined to eat no matter what. As for Daniel Bryan, he's scheduled to face AJ Styles at the event for the WWE Championship and even though it's a rumor, it's one I believe could easily be true; allegedly, Bryan's new WWE contract affords him as "reasonable degree" of creative control and it's something that's given him a good deal of leverage. Bryan is really only a pair of Jesus sandals away from being full blown king of the hippies in the first place, his politics are extremely left wing and it's easy to see how working Crown Jewel could make him feel quite uneasy.

Cena and Bryan are two of the small handful of men on the roster who could tell WWE no and not risk any real reprisal, but it also goes further than that. As I mentioned earlier, Cena has always gone above and beyond for WWE so if he's genuinely refusing to work Crown Jewel, then you have to figure that might give Vince some degree of pause.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I hope more top stars will refuse to work Crown Jewel and any other future events in Saudi Arabia.

I'm still amazed that WWE would even go there in the first place.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    I hope more top stars will refuse to work Crown Jewel and any other future events in Saudi Arabia.

I'm still amazed that WWE would even go there in the first place.
    Money. It's really that simple, and it's a horrifying sign of not only corporate culture, but a question of how much money do you want in your bank account before you surrender your principles and beliefs.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How were WWE talents thoughts on going to KSA the first time back in April?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Losing Cena, Bryan and Roman Reigns would be a big hit to the show. Reigns sounds like he is for sure out and if neither Cena nor Bryan want to go, the WWE might think twice. That said, I still don't think the WWE pulls out, unless the backlash against Saudia Arabia continues to grow. I think the WWE cares more about making money and opening a new market than they do a journalist being targeted for murder, murdered and systematically dismembered.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I understand and respect what Cena and Bryan are doing. They have their personal reasons and they're in a strong enough position to say no.

What I don't understand is why we expect WWE as a corporation to be moral standard bearer. WWE are doing what any smart business would do. They may be hypocrites with the whole Be-a-Star campaign but then again we have Nike with sweatshops and Colin Kaepernick as the face of the brand. Now that's irony. Don't get it twisted though, I aren't saying because someone else does it it makes it right for WWE to do it.

What I am saying though, if you attack WWE for it you better fucking make sure you go after everyone else or your just as bad.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE catches flack b/c they're doing propaganda along w/ doing business.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only thing that makes this show interesting is it being held in that country.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    The only thing that makes this show interesting is it being held in that country.
    You mean two tag teams comprised of guys whose primes ended 20 years ago doesn't excite you?

Thread Information