Thread: The creepiest thing that ever happened to you?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The creepiest thing that ever happened to you?

I'm talking "ghosts" "UFO's" "Things that just make no sense" etc. As Halloween is approaching I imagine you've all got some stories to share, so go ahead. I'll share mine later on.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I'll never forget this as long as I live and it still freaks me out to this day. I was 10 years old and was on the bus coming home from school. It was the last day of school before Christmas break and halfway home, I suddenly had this little voice in my head say "Mammy just passed away." It happened completely, 100% out of the blue and I actually looked around the bus to see if anyone had spoken to me, though I kept looking beside me because the voice was so crystal clear. Mammy is what everyone called my great grandmother, on my dad's side, Martha; she was 86 and she hadn't been sick, she hadn't been diagnosed with any sort of illness, she'd recently had her three month check up and she was in perfect health. When I arrived home about 5 minutes later, my mom and dad were in tears and told me that she'd just suddenly closed her eyes and stopped breathing about 5 minutes earlier. I went into the living room and saw her sitting there with this little grin on her face.

So yeah, I was about fifty shades of freaked out and had no idea what to make of it and still don't to this day when you get right down to it. It wasn't a dream, it wasn't some sort of hallucination, it just...well, it just happened. I never told many people about it, mostly just my immediate family and my grandmother on my mom's side.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My village has a scarecrow festival. It's like a treasure hunt type thing. Anyway, one day I was walking home after I'd had a lot to drink and I thought it was somebody impaled on a spiked fence. Called the police and everything.

5. Likes smarkmouth, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So next to my house is a park and I usually go for a walk there at night, tonight I went in and saw two ghosts. Then I remembered it's the weekend before Halloween. They were students coming back from a party.

One of the weirdest was the night I could hear a baby crying below my window, I eventually went out and had a look to see it was a cat. LOL.

I've seen a few odd aerial phenomenon in the skies including a triangular shaped craft.

Ghost wise both grandparents have stories of me chatting away to no one in the corner when I was about 2 or 3 but that's just what kids do, right?

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Best jump scare I got in my life was at The Exhibition in Toronto as a kid, I was pretty fearless, went on all the scary rides, you could tie my ankles and throw me off of a plane...so when I walked through this haunted ride with just little buzzers here and there, I wasnt impressed. I remember saying how much it sucked as I neared the exit of the scary ride. Theres a fence with a half wall before the exit, guy jumps out with a mask on and starting a chainsaw....I dove out the exit like Superman.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Back in my late teens I was driving back from a relative's house. They lived out in the middle of nowhere and there were a bunch of back roads you have to take to get there. Most of the roads were surrounded by cornfields, and it was not long after harvest season so the fields were empty. I came up on this really sharp curve and saw a pair of eyes reflecting just at the edge of my headlights. Whatever this thing was, it was on all fours but it sprinted across the road when I came around the curve. I didn't get a good look at it since it was at the edge of my lights. I looked in my rear view mirror to see if it was a deer and it stood up on its hind legs and just sorta hung out before it sprinted across the field and back into the woods. Most people claim it was just a bear, but the area I grew up in isn't home to bears.

I was probably just scaring myself, but I was afraid of going that way for a while and anytime I had to go back to that relative's house I would take the other route that added twenty minutes to my drive.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This isn't so much a spooky story, as it is the tale of the most useless supernatural talent of all time.

It was a pretty common early-teen experience for me. Going to school, come home, do homework, watch Simpsons. You see the Simpsons reruns were on every day. Now, pretty straight forward so far, right? Well hold onto your hats, because shit's about to get WILD! ( )

Now by sheer volume of existing Simpsons content, it's pretty easy to reference something specific from the Simpsons in everyday conversation, by joke, by quote or by anecdote. So making a Simpsons reference at least every day at school is a conservative estimate.

I would get home from school, still high on the dopamine rush from making such an awesome Simpsons reference. I'd turn on the TV... AND THAT VERY SAME SIMPSONS EPISODE THAT I REFERENCED WOULD BE AIRING!

My syndicate-television based ESP powers grew weaker when I moved away from home and watched less television. I have lost the ability to anticipate which particular episode of rerun television I'll be watching in the early evening.

Besides, television is pretty much all on demand anyway so this power has been rendered redundant.

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, jmt225 liked this post
    I was trapped in my own head one time.

I was about nine years old, fast asleep, and I knew that I was dreaming. I was in a house, where I was a trespasser. The family couldn't see me, but they could perceive my presence when I shouted at them. I started to think that I was a ghost, but then I noticed that the skies outside were overcast and determined that I must be in a dream. I was desperate to wake up, but all that I could do was freak out this family that was desperate to get me the fuck out of their house. Eventually my Mom came to the house, and I gave her a hug which caused light to overtake the setting and I believed that I had finally woken up.

I woke up on the floor of my living room, and ran to the light switch. The lights wouldn't turn on. I wanted to go tell my parents that I had had a bad dream, so I walked to the door to the stairway to the second floor of the house. The light for the stairway was on, but it pulsated. I could hear a "whu-whu-whu-whu" sound emitting from the pulsating light. I floated up the stairway, assuming that I couldn't feel my legs exert themselves due to being so tired. I opened the door to their bedroom, and woke up again.

I woke up on the floor of the living room, remembering that I had fallen asleep while watching tv. I literally woke up this time by the way, but I was pretty freaked out. I sat there for about an hour trying to assure myself that I was finally awake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hmm, my upbringing was religious, Jehovahs Witness in fact, I had dreams and dreams of demonic possession, I had sleep paralyses combined with dreams of demonic possession, for years I was convinced there was a demon trying to get inside my head, this is largely the fault of my religious albeit well meaning mother, she didn’t even instill the fear in me that greatly, I just took the ball as a kid and ran and ran and ran with it. Someone once told me that such dreams have a meaning, and in their defence I have completely forgotten what the meaning is, but the dreams went away.

Then there are a few times I have woken up in various houses I have lived in and seen ghosts, but worth mentioning that I was taking a lot of class A’s at the time

14. Likes jmt225, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information