Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    So I got that Mortal Kombat game for my xbox one and it's cool so far.
    It's the best MK in ages. The problem for me is (And this goes for every fighting game I've bought), after I play it for a week or two I don't pick it up again unless I'm randomly challenged by somebody who sees that I have it.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just picked up MLB The Show 19, looking forward to playing it. Not the biggest baseball fan in the world, but enjoy the games. Just wish they'd bring back the one where you had super powers, I forgot the name of it, was really fun.
    Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail; 07-23-2019 at 01:04 PM.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    It's the best MK in ages. The problem for me is (And this goes for every fighting game I've bought), after I play it for a week or two I don't pick it up again unless I'm randomly challenged by somebody who sees that I have it.
    It's ok. Not bad, not great, it's very good though. Rhonda and Zelina voice actor in the game too which is dope.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I checked the game out from my local Library. Played the entire story mode. Greatly enjoyed it. had no need to get back into the game. Saved myself $60.

Maybe I'd buy it when it goes cheap, like I did with MKX(L).
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Finally got a Nintendo Switch and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. After playing it for around 20 hours, I'm nowhere near beating this game. The only thing I keep thinking to myself is, "Why in the hell did I wait so long to play this game"? Much like I did with the Witcher 3, I overlooked BotW because A: I didn't have a Switch and 2: It was literally the only game I wanted to play on Switch. Well, I've been in Video Game purgatory for the last 2 weeks or so. I finally completed the last game I bought on PS4 which was Days Gone and thought it was time to go out a get another new game to keep me busy. There was only one problem, there were no new games out that piqued my interest and the next games set to come out that I'm looking forward to don't come out until November. (Death Stranding and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order(might get Control at the end of August but I haven't made up mind)) So I was looking at a long time of being bored and having no new games to play. I've literally bought every game on the PS4 that's caught my interest over the past 3 years. So what was I to do? My brother suggested, while I was audibly cursing my bored existence, "Why don't you finally play BotW? You keep saying you will after you beat all of the games you have and you have nothing else to play"! That wasn't a bad idea. Problem was, that is literally the only game on Switch I want to play. I would play Smash Bros but like all fighting games I'd play until I unlocked everyone and then stop. So am I really going to buy a console so I can play one game? The answer was, surprisingly, yes.

My idea was to purchase the console from somewhere with a generous return policy on electronics because I'm going to return the thing after I complete BotW. If the reviews and things I've read about the game are true, that means I need about a month. Surprisingly, nowhere gives that kind of return policy anymore. The longest I could find was from Wal-Mart at 15 days. So, I bought a used Switch from a pawn shop and added the $6 insurance which says I can return it for any reason for up to six months from the purchase date. Got BotW (There'll be no returning that as you can't return opened games anymore. I'll just trade it in to add to my pre-order for the collector's edition of Death Stranding), went home, and started playing.

For those who haven't played BotW yet, it's everything they said it was and more. They should've called it Legend of Zelda: Witcher Skyrim GTA Assassin's Creed Red Dead of the Wild. Because not only is it a Zelda game through and through, but it's every bit the open world game that those titles are if not more. The map is bigger than all of those game's maps and there is more to do in this game than any other game I've ever played. Not only is the storyline awesome and everything you'd want from Zelda, but the world is so large and has so much to do that you find yourself getting lost for hours. I'm 20 hours in and I only have 4 heart containers (You start with 3) and a wheel and a fourth of stamina (you start with a full wheel). What have I been doing all this time? Cooking mostly. Trying different ingredients to see what I can come up with. Exploring, trying to make sure I miss as little as possible. Getting used to the controls. For a religious PS4 player, the Switch takes some getting used to.

Anyways, I haven't had this much fun with a game since Witcher 3. Which I played for the first time last year. Seriously, this game is amazing and may well be a console seller like God of War. I'm kicking myself for missing out on it for this long, but I'm so very glad I've finally found my way to it.
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 07-28-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Finally got a Nintendo Switch and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. After playing it for around 20 hours, I'm nowhere near beating this game. The only thing I keep thinking to myself is, "Why in the hell did I wait so long to play this game"? Much like I did with the Witcher 3, I overlooked BotW because A: I didn't have a Switch and 2: It was literally the only game I wanted to play on Switch. Well, I've been in Video Game purgatory for the last 2 weeks or so. I finally completed the last game I bought on PS4 which was Days Gone and thought it was time to go out a get another new game to keep me busy. There was only one problem, there were no new games out that piqued my interest and the next games set to come out that I'm looking forward to don't come out until November. (Death Stranding and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order(might get Control at the end of August but I haven't made up mind)) So I was looking at a long time of being bored and having no new games to play. I've literally bought every game on the PS4 that's caught my interest over the past 3 years. So what was I to do? My brother suggested, while I was audibly cursing my bored existence, "Why don't you finally play BotW? You keep saying you will after you beat all of the games you have and you have nothing else to play"! That wasn't a bad idea. Problem was, that is literally the only game on Switch I want to play. I would play Smash Bros but like all fighting games I'd play until I unlocked everyone and then stop. So am I really going to buy a console so I can play one game? The answer was, surprisingly, yes.

My idea was to purchase the console from somewhere with a generous return policy on electronics because I'm going to return the thing after I complete BotW. If the reviews and things I've read about the game are true, that means I need about a month. Surprisingly, nowhere gives that kind of return policy anymore. The longest I could find was from Wal-Mart at 15 days. So, I bought a used Switch from a pawn shop and added the $6 insurance which says I can return it for any reason for up to six months from the purchase date. Got BotW (There'll be no returning that as you can't return opened games anymore. I'll just trade it in to add to my pre-order for the collector's edition of Death Stranding), went home, and started playing.

For those who haven't played BotW yet, it's everything they said it was and more. They should've called it Legend of Zelda: Witcher Skyrim GTA Assassin's Creed Red Dead of the Wild. Because not only is it a Zelda game through and through, but it's every bit the open world game that those titles are if not more. The map is bigger than all of those game's maps and there is more to do in this game than any other game I've ever played. Not only is the storyline awesome and everything you'd want from Zelda, but the world is so large and has so much to do that you find yourself getting lost for hours. I'm 20 hours in and I only have 4 heart containers (You start with 3) and a wheel and a fourth of stamina (you start with a full wheel). What have I been doing all this time? Cooking mostly. Trying different ingredients to see what I can come up with. Exploring, trying to make sure I miss as little as possible. Getting used to the controls. For a religious PS4 player, the Switch takes some getting used to.

Anyways, I haven't had this much fun with a game since Witcher 3. Which I played for the first time last year. Seriously, this game is amazing and may well be a console seller like God of War. I'm kicking myself for missing out on it for this long, but I'm so very glad I've finally found my way to it.
    Same thing I did where I played it until I did everything and then returned the console. Iâ??ve always been a PlayStation guy at heart and even though the switch is great with some great titles, after BOTW was done with it collected dust for about a month after I got Red Dead so I just returned it.

Speaking of Red Dead, I read a lot of reviews prior to buying it with it getting absolutely trashed on Amazon, GameStop etc. i still have it a chance because my friend told me to and I respect his opinion when it came to games. That being said, Iâ??m not sure if people are just impatient or what they were expecting but itâ??s one of the best games Iâ??ve ever played. There are some slow parts for sure, but everything else outweighs that. I love going to play poker, getting drunk, upgrading guns, doing side missions, making money, robbing things, etc. Iâ??m about 200 hours in and only on chapter 3. Havenâ??t even hunted legendaries or scratched the surface on many other things.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I watched a friend of mine beat BOW with 5 or 6 hearts. Insanity. He had only two of those animal robot things taken down too so he had to go through a couple of Ganon mini bosses before taking on an incredible final boss. Great game,but a bit disappointed it can be beat so early on (I'd never be able to do it, ever, but watched it done)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I watched a friend of mine beat BOW with 5 or 6 hearts. Insanity. He had only two of those animal robot things taken down too so he had to go through a couple of Ganon mini bosses before taking on an incredible final boss. Great game,but a bit disappointed it can be beat so early on (I'd never be able to do it, ever, but watched it done)
    Yea, I was told by a friend of mine that if you wanted to, you could head directly to fight Ganon after you finished the Great Plateau. I don't see how anyone would be able to beat him but apparently a few people online have. I think that's part of what makes this game so great. Most open world titles say go anywhere do anything but the truth is you can only do that in the end game in most of them. BotW, on the other hand, you can really go anywhere and do anything in the game after completing the starting area. Crazy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Traded in some games for Dark Souls 3 (Xbox, second attempt) and Shadow of the Collossus (PS4). Heard nothing but good things about Shadow ever since the PS2 days but never got around to playing it. Only took down 4 out of 13 ish giants so far but it's pretty good. Very unique game, its boss fights only but the bosses are like full stages you have to figure out how to take down. The story is pretty non existant and it's very obvious what is going to happen at the end. But that really doesn't matter, the star of the game is the Collossi themselves, fantastic in design and size. I look forward to the next challenge every time (Even though the horse controls can be frustrating and the sword finder whips up because I'm always trying to angle the camera behind my character). The main Link Type character also has a bow n arrow, anyone find a use for that weapon or is it just window dressing?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's a few Colossi that you use the Bow and Arrow on. You can also use it on other colossi to get their attention or to distract them. You'll see. There definitely is a use for them. Also, explore a little. When you get your stamina meter high enough, try to climb the outside of the temple. There are secrets and mysteries to be solved.

That game is awesome.

Thread Information