Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    I'm playing Sleeping Dogs. And it's almost complete. And that's such a relief since I thought that I could never do it.
    Sleeping Dogs: Uper Duper Definitive Edition (which must surely be its official name) is my most recent acquisition on PSN, largely because Yakuza 0 wasn't quite scratching the itch that it needed to, largely because that itch was "I want to play a game like Sleeping Dogs." I had Sleeping Dogs on, I wanna say... PS3 the first time round and really enjoyed the first few hours before I got distracted by a pair of breasts or some jangling keys or something. Once I've flogged Yakuza on eBay - because it's currently providing some sort of psychological barrier - I look forward to giving Sleepy Dawgs a thorough working over.

Speaking of remasters, Shadow of the Colossus has caught my eye. The graphical leap seems pleasant, and in keeping with the artistic direction of the original version, but I'm more interesting in its improved performance because I remember the first one having a tendency to really chug.

A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lately I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my PC via Cemu, mostly to hold me over until World releases on PC later this year. I've actually been doing quite a bit of Wii U emulating lately, as I've also been playing BotW (on the road to finishing it for the third time), Mario Maker (there's always new levels in the course world and I always get ideas here and there), and others.

I'm tempted to get Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch, as the emulation in Cemu isn't the best thing in the world compared to the games I mentioned, and of course the mobility plays into that as well.

Regarding the Switch I also play some Splatoon 2 here and there (mostly during the Splatfests), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the family (they get mad at me for always winning but have fun anyway lol), Mario Odyssey (finished the game but it's fun to explore all the kingdoms), and Mario + Rabbids (which I've yet to finish as other games distracted me).

And in between all that I try to cut down my speedrun times in Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had Sleeping Dogs on the Xbox 360, but truth be told, I couldn't really get into it. It was too slow-paced at the beginning I found, and by the time I started playing it, GTA V was on the horizon and it was a matter of time before I got into that game. Sleeping Dogs was far from bad, I just think I was a victim of timing for it, much like Sam. I'll probably give it another try at some point, I've just added it to the bottom of my to-play list, which is pretty big, but thankfully, most of the games on there are short games from the Megadrive/NES/PS1 era.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I know it's old and has been topped since, but Age of Empires is releasing a Definitive Edition of the original game today. I'll be picking that up rather soon and playing the heck out of it, as I've been doing for years now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Age Of Empires 2 is a classic, one of the very best in the RTS genre. While I slightly prefer Red Alert 2, and Emperor: Battle For Dune doesn't get enough love, the Age games are great. The fact you can convert an elephant's religion so it can fight for your side is hysterical.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Currently splitting my time between Monster Hunter World on Xbox One and FFXII: The Zodiac Age on PC. I'm realizing now that the length of both games does not play well into trying to split what minimal gaming time I already have in two. I've been enjoying the grind of Monster Hunter World, although admittedly I haven't gotten far on it quite yet as I'm still considered in the "tutorial" time frame. FFXII was an RPG I watched my cousin play through quite a few hours. I never owned a PS2 when it came out so I never got the chance to actually play it. With it on PC now remastered, I figured it was as good of time as any to give it a try.

I also had to completely setup my Retropie system again, though I'm glad I did so as I found some rom sets that were organized and labeled perfectly.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I spent a lot of time playing 2 also but I didn't have as much fun as I did with the first one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not much time for me to play anything at the moment, but when I do, it's Call of Duty: WWII on my xbox one. Occasionally, I'll play some WWE 2K17.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm too cheap to buy new games so I'm stuck with what I can find at the used game store. Currently it's WWE 2k14 for the 360 which I got for $2. Best WWE game I've played in years.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm too cheap to buy new games so I'm stuck with what I can find at the used game store. Currently it's WWE 2k14 for the 360 which I got for $2. Best WWE game I've played in years.
    Never played 2K14. Is it any good? And dude, for $2.00, that's a deal!

Thread Information