Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2K14 was the last great WWE game in my opinion, although I've not played 2K18 yet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The main game that's consuming most of my time right now is Fortnite. Never played a Battle Royale game before but this was free so I tried it and I'm addicted. All my friends are addicted too and we spend way too much time on it. Feels good to play a game for multiple hours at a time ever since the Destiny downward spiral. I'd love to play Monster Hunter, Division or Sea of Thieves but with University coming up, I can't justify it. Also, I have some games in my backlog to finish: The Witcher 3 (all of it), Dark Souls 3 (DLC) and Hellblade (all of it).

On top of playing Overwatch and Call of Duty, as well as switching to PC to play Stardew Valley and Age of Empires/Red Alert games (trying to finish their campaigns), I think I'll be set for a while. Then you've got the added problem of wanting to play games like Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Nier:Automata that had great games, and getting a switch for Breath of the Wild & Mario Odyssey... uh, why does gaming have to be so difficult?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Speaking of wrestling games...

To the disbelief of basically everybody, they did a new Fire Pro for PC and stuck it on Steam. If you can get past the graphics, it has far and away the best customization facilities of any wrestling game.
    It lets you go under the hood and customize your edit's AI behaviour, controlling factors such as which moves they will use at different stages of the match (including which moves they will try to finish matches with), as well as a host of general behaviours such as how well they will cooperate with team-mates, how likely they are to acquire weapons from outside and how much they will prioritize winning over entertainment/aggression.

It's not all that to actually play; but if you get a kick out of simming matches, there's nothing better on the market.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Never played 2K14. Is it any good? And dude, for $2.00, that's a deal!
    It's pretty damn fun. I've played 2k16 and don't like the simulation feel of the controls, even though the matches tend to be more realistic. 2k14 has the arcade feel that the old Smackdown vs. Raw games had but with far better graphics.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wish I could buy video games for 2 bucks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I wish I could buy video games for 2 bucks.
    Perhaps the best £2 I ever spent was on a video game. It was...

Click for Spoiler:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
    Perhaps the best £2 I ever spent was on a video game. It was...

Click for Spoiler:
    There was this game rental service, way before the days of GameFly, and it only did PC games. You could get like 48 hour rentals of current releases and then they had a large backlog of older games you could play as long as you wanted. Alpha Centauri was one of the better games I played on that service. My only regret was that I was in my teens when I played it and didn't fully grasp the scope or lore of the game. I wish I could go back and replay it. I may have to check ebay.

They did release Civilization Beyond Earth and touted it as the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, but it honestly felt more like an expansion to a non existent Civ game. It wasn't awful, just rather average and not Alpha Centauri.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There was an expansion for SMAC called Alien Crossfire, which added new stories, factions and technologies. It was seemingly rare enough that you would have to buy a copy on ebay for up to $150, then one day in a local game store I found it for £3. Another great purchase.

It is definitely worth getting yours hands on and shouldn't be that difficult.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shame Alien Crossfire was the only Civilisation based expansion in history to make the core game worse.

Sniping navel Xenofungus that targets tile improvements, anybody?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Boy, did i love using Xenofungus...

Thread Information