Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just posted this in the what are you playing thread, but almost through with Persona 5 and started a new playthrough in the Witcher 3 as well. I have Breath of the Wild for Cemu but haven't touched it yet due to time constraints.

I built a gaming desktop a month ago after saving for a while, but mostly have just been using it for school, work and emulators.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Burna View Post
    So with Microsoft building towards becoming the Netflix of gaming with Game Pass (the ability to download the games fully being a huge bonus unlike PlayStations streaming games which sucks hard), is this the future of gaming?

The gaming industry has been the last of the major media forms to fully embrace the monthly subscription for access to any and all games. It's always been a question of viability money wise if that slow nickel rather than a fast quarter would work. I like that Microsoft is going to take that chance with Game Pass. They will need to with acquire other publishers or partner with them to increase the library available for Game Pass. The option to straight out by the games should remain as well, but if you're kosher with games possibly dropping from the rotation like Netflix does, I don't see it being a major problem.

So are you on board with moving to a subscription model if new games come out immediately on it ala Sea of Thieves soon, or do you prefer to own your games at $60 a pop? What's the ideal price point for a subscription model that's viable for the company yet also affordable for the customer?
    I've been saying it for years in that's how Nintendo should run the virtual console. Imagine £5.99 a month for the full virtual console backlog they had on WIi/Wii it would be incredible.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Taking my time with Witcher 3, COD WW2 and Smite.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    @JGlass - He's not wrong. The FRAMES man. Like, I'm not one to really care about it but wow. It makes a big difference. Haven't played on mouse and keyboard in a while so it took me a bit to get used to it again but it didn't take too long. Also, I forgot about keybinds. So you can have customizable controls, I love it. Makes it so easy. However, my competitive ranking on PC is low gold while I was plat on console. People on PC are just better. I agree though. Overwatch shouldn't warrant buying a PC/gaming laptop. It's a great game but... you should find more games to enjoy on PC to get one.

Fortnite gameplay on PC and console though. I'm not sure which one I like more. Building is a pain in both.
    Last edited by Jam; 02-21-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And yes, I completed Sleeping Dogs. It feels such a relief. 😁

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undying View Post
    Just posted this in the what are you playing thread, but almost through with Persona 5 and started a new playthrough in the Witcher 3 as well. I have Breath of the Wild for Cemu but haven't touched it yet due to time constraints.

I built a gaming desktop a month ago after saving for a while, but mostly have just been using it for school, work and emulators.
    Ah man, I wish I could experience Persona 5 with a fresh set of eyes all over again. Easily my favorite game of last year.

At the moment I've been sinking in a lot of hours into Monster Hunter: World, it's the first in the series I've actually played and I'm having an absolute blast. I currently have the Shadow of the Colossus remake sitting there on my shelf... Waiting for me.

I'd better hurry up as well, Vermintide 2 and Yakuza 6 are quickly approaching...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Question for anyone. Has there ever been a video game character who you felt attachment to? Not in a sexual way, but a character whose story you saw play out and you became interested in. I have two in particular.

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption

Lee Everett from The Walking Dead

Click for Spoiler:
    I cried at both deaths.

8. Likes supermatto64, Fillet Club liked this post
    A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can definitely second the love for Lee. I never finished Red Dead Redemption to be honest, I'll have to go back and do that some time.

I got really attached to Setsuna from I Am Setsuna.
    download (17).jpeg
    Click for Spoiler:
    and yeah,
    I cried when she died.

10. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My John Marston was an absolute psychopath to be honest. It was difficult to square the cutscene's depiction of Marston as a noble hero, reluctantly doing the work of evil men, when during my time playing with him he had a higher body count than any other single person... possibly in the world.

That's kind of why the character of Trevor in GTAV is so clever - it's what a character capable of carrying out the actions of the player would be like, and it's repulsive.

A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To all my fellow DDLC players out there, a mod released within the past few days called Doki Doki RainClouds, where you play through Act 1 of the game in Sayori's perspective. It's written well and I highly recommend it.

13. Likes Spidey liked this post

Thread Information