Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm currently playing the Campaign in COD WW2, I'll probably never listen to another overly critical game review again. This is downright fantastic, excellent sound and immersion that really puts you in WW2. I'm not far into it, but there's a scene on a tank convoy that gets ambushed by fighter planes, it's so real looking I'd swear they used actual motion capture tanks and planes, the conversation leading up to it has absolutely fantastic facial expression that is also top notch. I seriously scoffed at this campaign at first, really with that negative reviewer in the back of my head as I played. I'm really glad I went a little further, it's excellent after D Day. (Which I think I was a bit unfair to quickly toss away like it sucked)
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Had one of those massive showdowns in Attila TW last night, where you risk virtually everything in a massive early game attack.

Gathered virtually all of my forces, bolstered them with some mercenaries and struck at the Ghassanid Arabs. The subsequent siege battle of Dumatha involved several thousand men but came down to essentially one act and counter on my left flank. The Ghassanids sent their main cavalry force to defeat my catapults, without which I am unsure if I could have gotten into their citadel.

Fortunately, I had positioned my camel corps behind the catapults, which destroyed the Ghassanid cavalry, allowing my infantry centre to pin the opposition in place, exposing them to cavalry/camel charges, total envelopment and complete destruction.

That victory has now opened the entire Levant to my victorious army, Taking advantage of two separatist movements providing a buffer between the Roman provinces in Syria and Judaea/Egypt, I think I can make rapid advances against Jerusalem and into North Africa...

Just have to keep an eye on that potentially annoying Sassanid king... even though he is making in-roads against the Romans, he might find my capital at Hira too tempting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Being on my second playthrough of Witcher 3, my main focus in the early goings has been playing gwent and collecting the cards something I paid little to no attention to whatsoever the first go around. It sounds easy when you first start just get a higher number than the other player but I'm slowly diving into the strategy behind the game as I could be up by like ten points but if my opponent uses a frost card or any weather affect the game shifts just like that. I got my ass handed to me by the Baron last night. Among mastering gwent I've also made it a priority to utilize alchemy this time since my last playthrough I just got by on signs and fast attacks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Call of Duty or Battlefield?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Meh, both have their pros and cons. If you want just escapist, fun gunplay, CoD. If you want more realistic, epic gameplay, Battlefield.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fair. I liked Battlefield 1, even though the graphics were shit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Call of Duty or Battlefield?
    I love both, they offer two different styles of shooter. Call of Duty usually offers more of an arcade feel with run and gun gameplay with splashes of camp thrown in. I'm a COD fanboy as I started with COD on the PC and consider it in the top 3 games of my life (Especially time played) There was so many mod maps made by gamers that the variety was endless and the community of players became like a family. I won't find that kind of fun playing a game again.

Battlefield provides a wider scope of a shooter. Bigger maps, vehicles, tactics, it's just all around a better shooter. My problem with Battlefield is it tends to become boring after an hour playing compared to COD, I'm not even sure why. Maybe because Conquest is usually the Go To mode in multiplayer and those can last as long as 28 minutes. That's pretty long for a round, so the thought of starting a whole new round can be daunting.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, so I was playing FarCry 5 at my neighbors apartment the other day, and I was real impressed. So I bought it yesterday and it's "expected" to arrive on Saturday. Yeah, whatever, but this game looks real good. Can't wait to check it out by myself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Yeah, so I was playing FarCry 5 at my neighbors apartment the other day, and I was real impressed. So I bought it yesterday and it's "expected" to arrive on Saturday. Yeah, whatever, but this game looks real good. Can't wait to check it out by myself.
    This raises a question I have:

How many people still buy physical copies of games still? My last physical copy of a game was the new Doom, and I don't plan on ever buying a physical copy of a game again.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    This raises a question I have:

How many people still buy physical copies of games still? My last physical copy of a game was the new Doom, and I don't plan on ever buying a physical copy of a game again.
    I do, there's a game store nearby and I either trade in games I'm not playing or just buy them. Battlefront 2 a couple weeks ago was 30$. Very good price for a game still on the market for 70 plus bones. I could care less if it was used.

Thread Information