Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone got live?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    I wish I could buy video games for 2 bucks.
    The video game place I go to has racks full of old 360 and PS3 games all for under $10. Hundreds of old sports games like Madden '07 and so for a buck each. It's ideal if you're content not having the newest games like I am.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Haven't not read the responses in this thread yet, my answer will go to one game that I play the most then a few other games I play less but still a good amount. The game that has consumed my life: Overwatch. No matter how toxic the community is, I still find it fun pulling out the win. Plus, I've met a couple of cool people. I used to play solely on XBOX. But I sold my XBOX for a PS4 and picked up a mid-level gaming laptop. I gotta say, playing Overwatch on PC has made playing Overwatch on console unbearable. The movement just feels so different. Plus, Blizzard is really great at doing patch notes and setting up events. They also have custom games. The question should be, how does one NOT enjoy Overwatch?

Other games that I play to a lesser extent are: Fortnite, Call of Duty: WWII, and Smite. Fortnite is such a good game even if you die early in the game. It's just so arcade-y, I love it. Call of Duty, I like it simply because it's boots on the ground. The zombies mode on it isn't bad either, like wow. Tbf, CoD has been pretty good with zombies for a long time now. Smite is just a fun game all around, probably my favorite MOBA (sorry LoL fans).

However, in the next coming days, I'm going to purchase a Nintendo Switch. I already know that'll probably consume my life. Super Mario Oddyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2. Then the rest of the games that are coming out this year. Oh boy. It's definitely a good time to be a gamer.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    An unpopular opinion for sure. But I have never been interested in Vice City or San Andreas. Never. Not sure why. It is just not my taste, I guess. And that's why I love Sleeping Dogs. It's more of what I love in video games.

Did someone play Contra? I was mad for it in my childhood.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Playing the Secret Of Mana remake and loving it so far. It's so great to see that beloved classic finally get a remake. Also finishing up getting the remaining Power Moons in Mario Odyssey. I'm up to 560.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam View Post
    Haven't not read the responses in this thread yet, my answer will go to one game that I play the most then a few other games I play less but still a good amount. The game that has consumed my life: Overwatch. No matter how toxic the community is, I still find it fun pulling out the win. Plus, I've met a couple of cool people. I used to play solely on XBOX. But I sold my XBOX for a PS4 and picked up a mid-level gaming laptop. I gotta say, playing Overwatch on PC has made playing Overwatch on console unbearable. The movement just feels so different. Plus, Blizzard is really great at doing patch notes and setting up events. They also have custom games. The question should be, how does one NOT enjoy Overwatch?
    I got one of my former roommates/best friends into Overwatch HARD on the PS4, but it was my PS4 and he wanted his own account, so he just got it on the PC. Ever since then he's petitioned HARD for me to get a gaming PC to join him on PC OW, and I just haven't done it. I don't want to spend the money on a desktop when I'm perfectly happy with my PS4, but everyone says that OW on PC is scores better than OW on the PS4.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Do you know how to play with a mouse and keyboard? Because that was always the biggest barrier for me when it came to competitive PC shooters. It shouldn't take much commitment but I am extremely lazy.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So with Microsoft building towards becoming the Netflix of gaming with Game Pass (the ability to download the games fully being a huge bonus unlike PlayStations streaming games which sucks hard), is this the future of gaming?

The gaming industry has been the last of the major media forms to fully embrace the monthly subscription for access to any and all games. It's always been a question of viability money wise if that slow nickel rather than a fast quarter would work. I like that Microsoft is going to take that chance with Game Pass. They will need to with acquire other publishers or partner with them to increase the library available for Game Pass. The option to straight out by the games should remain as well, but if you're kosher with games possibly dropping from the rotation like Netflix does, I don't see it being a major problem.

So are you on board with moving to a subscription model if new games come out immediately on it ala Sea of Thieves soon, or do you prefer to own your games at $60 a pop? What's the ideal price point for a subscription model that's viable for the company yet also affordable for the customer?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Most of what I have heard about the future of Game Pass sound good in theory, but I see a lot of people complaining about it. I'm not sure how much stock I put into those complaints because the same people who argue that Game Pass could put brick and mortar stores like GameStop out of business will go in a different thread and trash GameStop as the devil incarnate.

It isn't as big a deal for me as it used to be, but I used to be one of those guys who liked having physical copies. Now I only own two physical Xbox games, The Fractured But Whole and Has Been Heroes. I'm much more open to a subscription model than I would have been a few years ago. If they do give a bit of a better warning for game that will drop than Netflix currently does with their shows (just a small line of text) then I think I would be almost completely on board with a sub based model. Not sure on the price though. $60 for AAA titles has been the norm for about as long as I have been buying my own games, so it will be interesting to see how prices may change if sub based services become the go to in the near future.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm not in the loop, but what are the "best" games coming out this year for Xbox one?

Thread Information