Thread: Video Game Chat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm intrigued by Far Cry 5 because I'm interested to see how they include all the crazy stuff they have over the years while basing the game in America. It made sense that you could drive around wherever you want, shoot tigers with rocket launchers, and jump off the top of a mountain in the last two games because they took place in chaotic nations with no government, but how is Far Cry 5 going to logically explain why the American government isn't doing anything about the cult-run town or the insane person that's trying to stop them by stealing cars, shooting military-grade weaponry, and murdering the local wildlife in order to make a quiver that holds more arrows.

Surprised people are still playing Team Fortress 2, Sly, especially when Overwatch is a thing. A great thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    Surprised people are still playing Team Fortress 2, Sly, especially when Overwatch is a thing. A great thing.
    I think when you compare the price points, it's not surprising at all. I can play TF2 for free, whereas Overwatch has cost a lot more over the time. Plus, for me, I think TF2 is a little slower of a game and I enjoy that too. It's better for the casual player who has other things to do while he games.

I've considered playing Overwatch, and now that I see the price has come down, I may look into it more (though starting over learning a new game does not sound fun to me). You play? Is it worth $20 or $30?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    As someone who used to play TF2 competitively, Overwatch, whether directly or not, was the Team Fortress 2 killer. Sure, TF2 definitely has its advantages being free and running better on low-end systems, but Valve's mismanagement of the game, coupled with the Meet Your Match update as a desperate attempt to do what Overwatch was doing, drove a massive portion of the fanbase, both casual and hardcore, away, and it never recovered.
    The TF2 matchmaking is just the worst and their ability to catch and ban cheaters is wretched as well. When I stop playing, it'll likely be because of one or both of those factors.

Thread Information