Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Video Game Chat

Friendly Neighborhood @smarkmouth's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.
    CURRENT SCF FANTASY POOL ROSTER
    Kevin Owens (R) - Maryse (SD) - Bobby Roode (R) - Aiden English (SD) - R-Truth (SD) - Liv Morgan (R)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I just read that Telltale Games studios is closing up shop. I'm not surprised, but so incredibly disappointed. Single player story driven gaming is just not as marketable as I wish it was.
    Well I don't know how much it wish it was marketable, but it's pretty marketable. Games like God of War and Spider-Man PS4 are two of the fastest selling games ever on the PS4 and they're both single player.

Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.

3. Likes @smarkmouth liked this post
    Friendly Neighborhood @smarkmouth's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Unless you're just talking about the games in Telltale's style. Then I get where you're coming from.
    Indeed, I should have been more specific. While God of War or Spider-Man have enriching storylines (from what I understand), Telltale's focus was always rooted 100% in the storytelling. The result was always beautiful arcs with multiple branches, all equally compelling and fun to revisit. I was yet to start Walking Dead's final season, but I'm disheartened that it looks like it will never conclude.
    CURRENT SCF FANTASY POOL ROSTER
    Kevin Owens (R) - Maryse (SD) - Bobby Roode (R) - Aiden English (SD) - R-Truth (SD) - Liv Morgan (R)

Thread Information