Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Of all the old games out there, I was there was an update to EWR. Not a roster update and not TEW, but an actual update to EWR. TEW is just too complicated to sit down and play casually.
I think I have discussed this topic with you (or someone forum related) and it is spot on. TEW can be downright overwhelming. It has a ton of features, which is great for some people, but sometimes some of the basic stuff you need to build a roster is buried in a stream of menus. When the latest version, 2016, launched, I decided I was finally going to sit down, block off a weekend, and really try to advance in the game. By the time I had started my own fed and built the roster and was ready to run the first show, I was about three or four hours in and just felt burnt out.

The company that makes TEW, Greydog Software, makes some fairly solid sports simulation games but it seems like with each release they add more and more features that take the games from casual to hardcore. As much as it pains me and reminds me that I am getting older, I just don't have the time to sit and devote the time required to those types of games. It is a big reason why MMOs have basically fallen off my radar.