Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got Jedi Fallen Order last night at a midnight release (9pm because I'm on the West Coast) and, although I've only played about an hour and a half, it is freakin amazing. It's Dark Souls but with Star Wars characters, weapons, and story. It's awesome. I can't wait to get home from work and get on it again.

Damn, I still have Death Stranding to do too. I'm nowhere near done with that one and next week Shenmue 3 comes out. I'm going to be so behind.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Got Jedi Fallen Order last night at a midnight release (9pm because I'm on the West Coast) and, although I've only played about an hour and a half, it is freakin amazing. It's Dark Souls but with Star Wars characters, weapons, and story. It's awesome. I can't wait to get home from work and get on it again.

Damn, I still have Death Stranding to do too. I'm nowhere near done with that one and next week Shenmue 3 comes out. I'm going to be so behind.
    I got 40 minutes in last night of Fallen Jedi, it's really good. EA has smashed this one out of the park.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I switched difficulty to Jedi Master after about 45 minutes, I was cutting my way through the game a bit too easily. Now it's a good challenge, I just started my third planet and I dont want to spoil it for others by giving anything away, the story is great, the characters are good, the last planet I was on took me over three hours to get through and I was shocked to see I only got 38% of it cleared! Star Wars Fallen Order is great and hard to put down.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I switched difficulty to Jedi Master after about 45 minutes, I was cutting my way through the game a bit too easily. Now it's a good challenge, I just started my third planet and I dont want to spoil it for others by giving anything away, the story is great, the characters are good, the last planet I was on took me over three hours to get through and I was shocked to see I only got 38% of it cleared! Star Wars Fallen Order is great and hard to put down.
    OMG it is so hard to put down. I'll play it for a few hours, tell myself I need to stop, actually stop, and then 30 min later find myself firing it back up. It's amazing. I'm about halfway through the game I reckon and I don't want it to stop. I'm going to go back and explore every nook and cranny of the game before I get to the last stretch. It's so fun.

5. Likes Jeff Deliverer of Mail liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I got 40 minutes in last night of Fallen Jedi, it's really good. EA has smashed this one out of the park.
    I just started playing this game myself. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing at times and I'm not exactly sure what the story is, but I've enjoyed playing it.
    I switched difficulty to Jedi Master after about 45 minutes
    I started there, it's been a pretty good difficulty level.

Also, I just want to say the EA Origin Premier subscription is totally worth it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I just beat one of the Inquisitors and Jesus was that a hard boss fight. I'm not going to spoil which one it was or where the fight happened but it was a worth while boss fight and it was fun as hell. It's awesome to actually be a Jedi in a game and be able to actually have lightsaber duels akin to the ones from the films. It's so fun. Also, I've done a little back tracking with my new abilities and force powers and you know how at the beginning some of those enemies are kind of tough? When you go back, It's like you're a god. I'm just force pushing enemies off of ledges because I can't be bothered with their insolence.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know if they fucked up or what, but I just looked online at work at my PSN account and I can now pre-order Resident Evil 3 Remake. WTF!!!!!!! I didn't even know this game was in production right now. I knew that they'd remake it off of the success of RE2 remake, but everyone in the business and who's a Resident Evil fan were pretty sure that the next game to come out was going to be Resident Evil 8. Jesus, it looks like Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming out in the first half of 2020. I can't believe it. This is amazing. I can't wait.

Any thoughts?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    I don't know if they fucked up or what, but I just looked online at work at my PSN account and I can now pre-order Resident Evil 3 Remake. WTF!!!!!!! I didn't even know this game was in production right now. I knew that they'd remake it off of the success of RE2 remake, but everyone in the business and who's a Resident Evil fan were pretty sure that the next game to come out was going to be Resident Evil 8. Jesus, it looks like Resident Evil 3 Remake is coming out in the first half of 2020. I can't believe it. This is amazing. I can't wait.

Any thoughts?
    I liked RE3, not loved, but liked. First RE that had a more powerful "Jason." type monster that stalked and chased you the whole game. I can see a remake improving on a lot of it to make the game way better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm very much enjoying Pokemon Shield. Grookey has become one of my favorite starters I've used and I really like the way all the towns look. The wild area is a place I can spend hours easily just training my team, catching hard to find pokemon and doing raids. There's some negatives though for me.

I cannot stand Hop, the main rival. He's extremely annoying and he's just a terrible trainer. I sigh every time I have to interact with him.

The gyms were too easy. I just got my 8th badge last night and only 1 time did I almost lose a gym battle and that was the 4th or 5th gym. I'm not OP by any means but as long as you can outlast the dynamax (it only lasts 3 turns), you're fine. I've only gone dynamax vs dynamax once because normally I just bring in a tank to absorb the blows then bring in a type advantage pokemon, dynamax that and wreck the gym leader.

But overall it's a fun game, once I beat it I'll probably play through again at some point using the fire starter but I'd like to see the next games have an option to play on a higher difficulty. And a rival that doesn't make me wanna punch them.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly get Hop confused with Hau from Sun/Moon. It's literally a copy/paste job. Not that he's awful (Tieno from X/Y says hi), and the twist is nonsensical, but otherwise, Sword/Shield are pretty good additions to the series.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information