Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    love Fire Pro Wrestling World. Sometimes I'll just kick back and put an AI fantasy match on. Enjoying it more than the real thing lately.

Kickstarter is having an odd impact on the video game world. I don't think we have enough evidence right now to determine if it's a good thing that developers are able to fund entire video games with (most of the time) a very small amount of detail regarding how the finished product is supposed to look. Some games seem to still have some very basic level design not planned out by the time that they get their full funding.

A game that I'm excited to see, but won't be surprised if I'm disappointed by, is an indie game called Blasphemous.

I'll be honest, I'm a violence junkie. I saw a video preview of the game, which includes several scenes that the developers haven't yet incorporated into anything playable, and I was an instant fan.

The game is 2D, and only has a small area that's playable in a demo. You run through a desolate snowy area, and eventually arrive at a cathedral. It's noted before playing the demo that the game is still very early in its development, and is projected to be released in 2019. They don't specify a season, just 2019. Apparently it's going to be released on the Switch when it's released on PC, so that's a huge step.

There's something very cathartic about running around as a religious zealot, tearing through bad guys who apparently ended up with their fate because they were tempted into a lifestyle of blasphemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Kickstarter is having an odd impact on the video game world. I don't think we have enough evidence right now to determine if it's a good thing that developers are able to fund entire video games with (most of the time) a very small amount of detail regarding how the finished product is supposed to look. Some games seem to still have some very basic level design not planned out by the time that they get their full funding.

A game that I'm excited to see, but won't be surprised if I'm disappointed by, is an indie game called Blasphemous.

I'll be honest, I'm a violence junkie. I saw a video preview of the game, which includes several scenes that the developers haven't yet incorporated into anything playable, and I was an instant fan.

The game is 2D, and only has a small area that's playable in a demo. You run through a desolate snowy area, and eventually arrive at a cathedral. It's noted before playing the demo that the game is still very early in its development, and is projected to be released in 2019. They don't specify a season, just 2019. Apparently it's going to be released on the Switch when it's released on PC, so that's a huge step.

There's something very cathartic about running around as a religious zealot, tearing through bad guys who apparently ended up with their fate because they were tempted into a lifestyle of blasphemy.
    That first part is a good point. I've kicked in for two or three games over the years and while I didn't hate any of them, none of them are what I would call good. I do think the issue lies in the lack of detail as to what the finished product looks like. As it stands, I have no issue with the system because I have yet to read any real horror stories, but one will happen one day and it will be interesting to see how things move forward from it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I had downloaded a bunch of the workshop wrestlers. A mix of current stars and guys from the 80s and 90s I like, plus a handful of the MMA fighters and goofy celebrities. Not sure what happened but Steam deleted all my mods for the game so I have to start over. It's fun. Creating my own characters took a lot of time, which is a big reason I haven't jumped back in, but I had my own fed and everything. Its a lot of fun to just sit back and watch your characters have it it sometimes.
    I agree. It's kind of like you can run your own EWR, with all the guys you want. And if you spend a little bit of time, you can have the correct entrance music and everything. Very good customization.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One of my favourite game in my school days is Counterstrike which is very interesting and very good game to play. Playing as multiplayers is very happy to play. I like to remove the bomb as early as possible. I used to play in desktop computer with headphones.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fire Pro is amazing. I'm a huge New Japan fan so the fact that it came with the guys plus more in DLC coming soon sold me and the fact I can do the G1 Climax through league and have downloaded the ring designs for Wrestle Kingdom just made it a no brainer. I chose it over 2k19 and havent been disappointed and probably wont pick up another 2k game.

I usually sim almost every match which makes it more fun. Ambrose and Reigns had a blood batch of a match the other day and Dunne is at 11 title defenses for the IWGP Jr title all through sim and just beat Zack Sabre in a 50 minute match the other day. Cant say enough good things about the game.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Grand Theft Auto V is on sale at Humble Bundle, in case you're like me and haven't bought it yet. It's about $15 and that includes the Premium Online pack.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wasn't a big fan of Hitman games before I booted up Hitman 2. I am after this game. Fantastic.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Played the Anthem demo over the weekend. What I actually got to play was pretty good. The controls in the world were very tight and responsive and combat was a blast. Nothing beats being able to just take off like Iron Man at anytime, though, and pretty much go wherever you want. Flying was so damn cool. I will say, however, that if the actual game's servers are as bad as this demo's servers then forget about it. I had essentially three days to play this game and there wasn't one time during the three days where I didn't get kicked, couldn't connect, glitch out, etc. Hope they fix that.

Also picked up the remake for Resident Evil 2. Anyone who knows me knows that Resident Evil is my all time favorite video game franchise. So I may be biased here, but damnit Resident Evil 2 remake is the absolute greatest RE game ever made. Imagine, for those who haven't played it, the best parts of every RE game rolled into one to recreate, quite possibly, the best game in the franchise. The tight closed off spaces of the first three games, with the over the shoulder action of 4 and 5, with the atmosphere and graphics of 7, and a retelling of one of the best stories the franchise has ever had. It is absolutely wonderful and damn scary too. GOTY candidate for sure. Now I just hope that the rumors are true and they're already working on the remake for RE 3: Nemesis. That is my favorite game in the franchise and if they remade that like they did this one, OMG!!!!
    Last edited by SSJPhenom; 01-29-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Played the Anthem demo over the weekend. What I actually got to play was pretty good. The controls in the world were very tight and responsive and combat was a blast. Nothing beats being able to just take off like Iron Man at anytime, though, and pretty much go wherever you want. Flying was so damn cool. I will say, however, that if the actual game's servers are as bad as this demo's servers then forget about it. I had essentially three days to play this game and there wasn't one time during the three days where I didn't get kicked, couldn't connect, glitch out, etc. Hope they fix that.

Also picked up the remake for Resident Evil 2. Anyone who knows me knows that Resident Evil is my all time favorite video game franchise. So I may be biased here, but damnit Resident Evil 2 remake is the absolute greatest RE game ever made. Imagine, for those who haven't played it, the best parts of every RE game rolled into one to recreate, quite possibly, the best game in the franchise. The tight closed off spaces of the first three games, with the over the shoulder action of 4 and 5, with the atmosphere and graphics of 7, and a retelling of one of the best stories the franchise has ever had. It is absolutely wonderful and damn scary too. GOTY candidate for sure. Now I just hope that the rumors are true and they're already working on the remake for RE 3: Nemesis. That is my favorite game in the franchise and if they remade that like they did this one, OMG!!!!
    I didn't realize the Anthem demo was available. I'm not really interested in it, but as much hype as EA put behind it, I may give it a shot.

Thread Information