Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Shadow of the Colossus was one of those games that I played obsessively until I fully experienced every square inch of the map.

In regard to the bow and arrow, keep an eye out for fruit and lizards. You can eat both, and both provide you with advantages.

If you're inspired to play the game a second time, make sure to wait through the credits and save your game after they're through. You'll be able to play Time Attack mode on the second play-through by challenging Colossi statues that are in the main temple, and completing Time Attack boss fights in a short amount of time will earn you special items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

2. Likes Jeff Deliverer of Mail liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Video game scene has been kind of quiet for me the last few weeks. Although I am finally playing the expansion to Monster Hunter World; there hasn't really been any new games that have come out that have piqued my interest. I did buy Control; which is about a woman with telekinetic abilities stuck the headquarters of a government agency that's being overrun by a malicious telepathic force from another dimension. It's really fun. Picture Max Payne but with the ability to throw things with his mind.

I know Borderlands 3 is out, but I never really dug the first 2. I don't have a Xbox One so I can't play Gears 5.

I'm just waiting until November. That's when my next anticipated games are going to be released. Death Stranding, which I have still have no idea what that game is really going to be about. All I know is that it's made by Kojima and that name has rarely produced a bad game. I know it's open world and that there is combat in it, but most of what I've seen of the game makes it look like a life simulator akin to the Sims but with missions and much better graphics. Also coming up in November is Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Now this game looks amazing. One person who got to play it at one of those conventions said it was like God of War with a Lightsaber and force powers. It's semi open world and you can travel to different planets through out the game. It has the main campaign obviously but it's also going to have a lot of side missions. It's not going to be short like the Force Unleashed was. Right now the creators are estimating that if one just does the main campaign that it'll take 25-30 hours to finish, but if you do the side missions and other things along with the main campaign then it's going to take around 50-60 hours to finish. That's my kind of game. I just hope that it's good. EA's last few Star Wars games have been suspect at best.

We'll see, but that's what's on the video game horizon for me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

5. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Call of Duty is finally bringing back the Modern Warfare series.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've got a pre order in for the Fallen Jedi game on Nov 15th, hyped all to hell for it. I'm cautious about the Modern Warfare remake, I'd rather a new Modern Warfare with all the best maps from 1-3 and new vehicle Battlefield sized maps.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

8. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I've got a pre order in for the Fallen Jedi game on Nov 15th, hyped all to hell for it. I'm cautious about the Modern Warfare remake, I'd rather a new Modern Warfare with all the best maps from 1-3 and new vehicle Battlefield sized maps.
    I've also got the Fallen Jedi game pre-ordered. I can't wait for that game. Just hope I have time for it because a week before that game comes out is Death Stranding. Idk if I should be hyped for that game or not but it comes from the creator of Metal Gear Solid and he's rarely made a bad game. We'll see.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So Death Stranding comes out this Friday and reviews were released for the game last Friday. I'm stuck at a crossroads. I want to be the person who says, "Don't listen to reviews, experience the game for yourself". However, the last time that I didn't listen to reviews and went ahead with my pre-order for the collector's edition of a game was with Anthem and damn it those reviews were spot on. Idk why I'm fretting so much over the reviews for Death Stranding, though. As of posting this it has an 85 on Metacritic. That's damn good. All the reviews, however, say some of the most unsettling and mind blowing things. One review, which the game a perfect score, said, "The game isn't "fun" and at times can be quite boring". Huh? How can a game that's not "fun" get a perfect score. A lot of people are saying that the game isn't anything but a FedEx simulator/walking simulator and that it takes a while for the game to pick up and become a good experience.

I don't mind a slow burn game and I love open world games, however, I'm not sure if I want a game where I do nothing but walk around a beautiful open world. I guess that would be ok though. I dig games like Detroit: Become Human, which is literally a point a click game with some walking around thrown in and I loved RDR2 and that was a slow as hell game. I guess I'm going to give it a shot. I'm just worried that I'm throwing another $80 down the drain. We'll see.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Been playing Last of Us Remastered on the PS4 (Free download with PS Plus right now) I adore the game so far. It's a zombie game with heart with elements of Uncharted thrown in there. Realism and environment are some of the best I've ever seen in any video game before, you are immersed in this virus plagued, torn up world with characters brilliantly voiced and written. It's been awhile since I've played a game that actually made me nervous creeping around in the dark basement in thigh high water...knowing something is going to jump out eventually. I recommend playing with the headset on and the volume up.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    .....anyone get WWE 2K20? I think I asked this already, my bad if I did.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    Been playing Last of Us Remastered on the PS4 (Free download with PS Plus right now) I adore the game so far. It's a zombie game with heart with elements of Uncharted thrown in there. Realism and environment are some of the best I've ever seen in any video game before, you are immersed in this virus plagued, torn up world with characters brilliantly voiced and written. It's been awhile since I've played a game that actually made me nervous creeping around in the dark basement in thigh high water...knowing something is going to jump out eventually. I recommend playing with the headset on and the volume up.
    Love The Last of Us. It's easily one of the top ten games I've ever played. Maybe of all time. You're referring to that part where you get separated from Ellie in that hotel and you have to fire up this generator but you know that as soon as you do all hell is going to break loose. One of the best parts of the games. Last of Us II is set for release in May. It looks amazing. Ellie is the playable character in II. She's older and more badass. I can't wait to get to the story of II.

On a positive note for me, Death Stranding is f'n awesome. IDK how they keep making games that look better than last but they do. At this rate, we'll be controlling actual people in a few years. Anyways, Death Stranding is far and away the best looking game to come out this generation. It's visuals and views are so breath taking. Also, the game is amazing (so far). You'd think a game about delivering stuff would be horrible but it isn't. The story and core gameplay loop are so good. I have to force myself to stop playing. Admittedly it is not for everyone. There isn't a whole lot of action in the game (unless you actively seek it out) but that's not what the game is about. It's about making connections and rebuilding a post apocalyptic America. You do this by setting up a network. The game was a bit of a slog during the first few hours, but once you unlock some new gadgets and vehicles it really turns into something awesome. It's not multiplayer but if you're on the internet then you can see other players effects on the world. Whether it's a ladder or rope left behind to help you climb. A sign warning you of enemies up ahead. Bridges or roads built to help easier travel the rough terrain. Vehicles left behind. It's amazing. If you're wondering if this game is for you then I have the perfect test question: Have you ever spent hours exploring Skyrim, Witcher III, Breath of the Wild, etc? Exploring not to find combat but just to see the world or to find items? Have you ever looked at a mountain on an open world game and wondered if you could climb it and spent hours trying? If you have and enjoyed it then you'll easily enjoy this game.

I'm not finished with it but as of right now, if I had to score it, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10. We'll see how I feel once I'm finished with it. I hope I finish it before Thursday night, though. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets released then.

Thread Information