Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I have Madden '19 downloading now. I was thinking it wouldn't be available for a couple more days, but apparently it is good to download and play now. I have to go to town, but I plan to be playing by tonight. Should be fun...I hope! First Madden I've played since Madden 25.
    Reviews are good for it, which can't be said for some years past. Apparently they decided to work on the gameplay this year instead of re-working a specific game mode. If you are gonna do the Longshot mode (single player campaign type thing), I'd recommend getting caught up on the previous years version since this year is a continuation of the last year story with the same characters, which could be confusing.

Oh, and The Coach is in it, apparently doing the pregame and halftime show. So there's a WWE connection now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Origin Access Basic has added even more games, including Cities: Skylines. From all the reviews I've ever seen, Cities: Skylines is what SimCity should have been but wasn't. I've played Skylines for a while and it is very enjoyable. At this very moment, I'm playing one of the games they added, Mad Games Tycoon, where you create and grow a video game development company.

Additionally, it has now been announced Origin Access Premier (which will give access to the latest games, including Madden 19, FIFA 19, Battlefield 5, etc.) will debut this coming week (maybe even tomorrow). I've said it before and I'll say it again; Origin Access is a hell of a deal, regardless if you get the Basic ($5 a month or $30 for 12 months) or Premier package ($15 a month or $100 for 12 months).
    Origin Access, is this only on PC or is it for consoles as well? I don't game on PC, so it would need to be for PS4. Don't get me wrong I have like 8 subscription services I'm paying for but it's a pretty good deal and I buy at least Madden every year, and would get a couple others as well making it worthwhile.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Video game endings. They are supposed to be your reward for all of your hard work and dedication. Some games, Eye of the Beholder for example, give you an ending that's essentially a middle finger. Then there are some games that cause your jaw to drop with how wickedly awesome your experience becomes when you witness an ending that more than compensates you for your dedication.

The absolute greatest video game ending that I've ever seen was granted to me for completing an obscure DOS game called "Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight".

This game was very tedious and had a huge learning curve. You play as a knight who has to travel around a large map in an effort to find the Moonstone and return it to a sacred grove (Stonehenge).

The controls are stubborn as all hell. You can level up and have more hit points and do more damage, but you'll only start doing well when you learn how to cope with the clunky controls. A dragon will randomly fly across the map, and if he attacks you the battle is insanely difficult to win. Die, and you lose your accumulated items and wealth.

I remember losing my mind at how difficult this game was, but eventually I learned how to wreck every potential enemy (to include the dragon) and finessed it the first time I ever actually beat it.

The ending... blew... my... fucking... mind. Have a look:

You become A FUCKING CONSTELLATION!

I literally screamed "HOLY SHIT!" when I saw it for the first time, and it took a few weeks for it to fully sink in. The stars in the sky have existed since before our time and will exist long after we're gone. Essentially; you become a God. The absolute greatest ending I've ever seen.
    One that has stuck with me for the longest while was Bioshock Infinate. The game is pretty damn good (If not a bit short) for a shooting type game. The graphics and atmosphere are pretty great. After a really tough final boss you are then led into the ending portion of the game. Without spoiling it, Bioshock Infinate probably has the biggest mindfuck ending I've ever seen in a video game before. So even if you weren't the biggest fan of the game, they give you an ending that'll twist your head around and keep you thinking long after you shut it off.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

3. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Reviews are good for it, which can't be said for some years past. Apparently they decided to work on the gameplay this year instead of re-working a specific game mode. If you are gonna do the Longshot mode (single player campaign type thing), I'd recommend getting caught up on the previous years version since this year is a continuation of the last year story with the same characters, which could be confusing.

Oh, and The Coach is in it, apparently doing the pregame and halftime show. So there's a WWE connection now.
    I have no way of playing last year's, so I'll just jump in blindly.

Origin Access, is this only on PC or is it for consoles as well? I don't game on PC, so it would need to be for PS4. Don't get me wrong I have like 8 subscription services I'm paying for but it's a pretty good deal and I buy at least Madden every year, and would get a couple others as well making it worthwhile.
    It is PC only, I believe. I know Xbox has some kind of a subscription service, but not sure about PS4. But if you have a PC, it is well worth it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Apparently people are having an issue with the ten hour Madden trial on EA Access. I haven't gotten around to giving it a go yet, but people will play for an hour or two, come back the next day and get a message saying their trial time has expired. EA has gone on record as saying they are having an issue with the game not closing properly and the trial timer continuing to run despite exiting the game. Instead of offering the time back, EA is simply blaming the players for not properly closing the game they admit has an issue properly closing and are telling people not to play it until they have a fix.

I hate being the guy to say fuck EA, cause I rather enjoy a lot of EA games, but fuck EA on this one. Hard.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    EA really is a crappy company in so many ways.

7. Likes EnviousDominous liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love EA, but at the same time I'd love to choke the life right out of the company. NHL has no competition because EA is the only one's making NHL games. I could post a ten page essay here on how EA are lazy motherfuckers that won't fix bugs and rush out fucking bug filled games time and time again. Same with recycling lots of things in their sports titles instead of offering something new or creating a completely new engine from the ground up. (Example, cross crease scoring from the side boards has fooled computer goalies since NHL 09 ) Seriously. 55 other examples of stuff they just don't bother to work on that stick around and are pretty noticable year after year, cut scenes included.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I love EA.
    Who says that?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    EA's bad, but at the very least, everybody knows it, even EA themselves and they're a good punchline. But I'll take EA anyday over Take-Two and the shit they're responsible for with GTA, Civ and the WWE games.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

11. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    EA's bad, but at the very least, everybody knows it, even EA themselves and they're a good punchline. But I'll take EA anyday over Take-Two and the shit they're responsible for with GTA, Civ and the WWE games.
    I don't know how much Take Two is really in charge of with WWE Games, but them and 2k really need to get their shit together with those games.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone have the new Madden game yet? How is it?

Thread Information