Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I honestly get Hop confused with Hau from Sun/Moon. It's literally a copy/paste job. Not that he's awful (Tieno from X/Y says hi), and the twist is nonsensical, but otherwise, Sword/Shield are pretty good additions to the series.
    I haven't encountered a twist yet but yeah hes similar to Hau. Hau annoyed me too but not as much. They really haven't had a good rival since x and y, but I also kinda miss your rival being a dick. Made it more fun to beat them....even if I do enjoy constantly crushing Hop's dreams.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    X/Y's rivals were all awful. The only one that didn't irritate me was Trevor (the shy kid with the glasses), but even he didn't serve much use to the plot.

I didn't mind Hau or Hop, but they're just bland. The last good rival for me was Hugh from BW2 which I think might be the best games in the series, it's the Pierce Brosnan to Emerald's Roger Moore in that whilst I love Roger Moore/Emerald more personally, I think BW2/Brosnan are the better overall package.

And yeah, I won't go into spoilers, but the twist is...well it might be more nonsensical than the one in X/Y, which is saying something. Sword/Shield is still a good game though, unlike X/Y.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got a question in case anyone can answer. Can you no longer play Dead Island offline on a PS4?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, a fantastic remake one of my favorite games from my childhood. Strongly recommend if you're a Pokemon fan. If not it will take some getting used to, but it's worth it.

But dang the legendaries in the after-game are insanely hard. I have a Level 50 Marowak and used False Swipe around 55-60 times, doing around 60 damage each time, and STILL didn't take out Moltres. It has at least 3,000 HP, possibly more.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Can't believe Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed again. At this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't make the mistake of buying Madden 20 because it's broken. I've never seen so many glitches in a game.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Finally got me a PS5. Just. WOW. The graphics, the loading speeds, the power, the CONTROLLER. The entire package. Marvelous. This is the closest console gaming has come to PC gaming and it may even be beyond pc gaming at the moment. If you were to look up the individual parts that make the PS5, you could build a similar PC for about $1300-$1500. It's absolutely amazing. I've never been one to get carried away over graphics but ray tracing and 60fps make all the difference in the world.

I'm hooked.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    Finally got me a PS5. Just. WOW. The graphics, the loading speeds, the power, the CONTROLLER. The entire package. Marvelous. This is the closest console gaming has come to PC gaming and it may even be beyond pc gaming at the moment. If you were to look up the individual parts that make the PS5, you could build a similar PC for about $1300-$1500. It's absolutely amazing. I've never been one to get carried away over graphics but ray tracing and 60fps make all the difference in the world.

I'm hooked.
    That's good to hear. I'll probably wind up going with XBox this round, due to the fact the Game Pass Ultimate is such a great deal. But I'd guess the XBox and PS5 are going to be similar in terms of quality.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    That's good to hear. I'll probably wind up going with XBox this round, due to the fact the Game Pass Ultimate is such a great deal. But I'd guess the XBox and PS5 are going to be similar in terms of quality.
    I had to go with PS5 because all of the games that I got at the end of the year last year came with free PS5 upgrades. So Spider-Man: Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, NBA 2K21, and Cyberpunk 2077(Which the next Gen versions haven't been released yet and I'm not playing it until the bugs are gone) all could be upgraded for free. Man, when I finally got the PS5 and upgraded AC Valhalla to PS5, my jaw dropped. The graphics, the buttery smooth picture, the fact that when I was near water in the game I could see the reflections of boats and and people in the water. Amazing. The controller by itself is a system seller IMO. The haptic feedback is awesome. Say you're in AC Valhalla and using a bow and arrow. When you pull the trigger to fire, the trigger actually gets harder to pull as of you're pulling back on a bow string. The controller vibrates for every change. Like if it's raining in game, the controller will feel like water drops are falling on it. The controller has a mic and speaker in it. Then there's the 3D sound (which unfortunately only works if you have surround sound or a home theater system). It allows you to hear sounds coming from different directions and such. It's amazing. The publishers have upgraded a number of games to play better on the PS5 with it's improved power. An update just came out for God of War allowing it to be played in 4K at 60fps with ray tracing. Same for Jedi Fallen Order. It's just amazing. It comes with the new HD 2.1 cable which allows for 8K output, however, 8K televisions and monitors are very very expensive. I'm talking a 43" for like 8k-10k. Walmart has a 95" 8K tv in their website for 50k. So, it'll be awhile before I'll be experiencing that.

Yea, the new systems are fairly worth while. I just like the Sony exclusives more than what Xbox has to offer. I do like that Game Pass though.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJPhenom View Post
    I had to go with PS5 because all of the games that I got at the end of the year last year came with free PS5 upgrades. So Spider-Man: Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, NBA 2K21, and Cyberpunk 2077(Which the next Gen versions haven't been released yet and I'm not playing it until the bugs are gone) all could be upgraded for free. Man, when I finally got the PS5 and upgraded AC Valhalla to PS5, my jaw dropped. The graphics, the buttery smooth picture, the fact that when I was near water in the game I could see the reflections of boats and and people in the water. Amazing. The controller by itself is a system seller IMO. The haptic feedback is awesome. Say you're in AC Valhalla and using a bow and arrow. When you pull the trigger to fire, the trigger actually gets harder to pull as of you're pulling back on a bow string. The controller vibrates for every change. Like if it's raining in game, the controller will feel like water drops are falling on it. The controller has a mic and speaker in it. Then there's the 3D sound (which unfortunately only works if you have surround sound or a home theater system). It allows you to hear sounds coming from different directions and such. It's amazing. The publishers have upgraded a number of games to play better on the PS5 with it's improved power. An update just came out for God of War allowing it to be played in 4K at 60fps with ray tracing. Same for Jedi Fallen Order. It's just amazing. It comes with the new HD 2.1 cable which allows for 8K output, however, 8K televisions and monitors are very very expensive. I'm talking a 43" for like 8k-10k. Walmart has a 95" 8K tv in their website for 50k. So, it'll be awhile before I'll be experiencing that.

Yea, the new systems are fairly worth while. I just like the Sony exclusives more than what Xbox has to offer. I do like that Game Pass though.
    I prefer to play PC over anything, but as best I can tell, MLB the Show is not coming to PC, just PS and XBox. So I can get the Xbox, sign up for Ultimate, and have access to Game Pass and EA Play and, supposedly, Ubisoft games at some point.

Thread Information