Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DonĂ¢??t really get much time to play games anymore so tend to just buy 1 at a time. Currently about 40% through Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, done the main story, just a lot of gold bricks to collect and redo the levels

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smally View Post
    Don’t really get much time to play games anymore so tend to just buy 1 at a time. Currently about 40% through Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, done the main story, just a lot of gold bricks to collect and redo the levels
    The Lego games are usually quite a bit of fun, if a bit similar across all the games.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    Nah, if you're not into W3 by now, there's no sense in playing the first two. Maybe give it a few more hours, try to complete some of the monster hunts and story missions, but it's possible it's just not your cup of tea, especially if online multiplayer is more your jam.
    I do enjoy RPGs. Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc are some of my favorite games. May be I'm not familiar with W3 characters, and that's why I'm finding it difficult to enjoy.

I'll give it another try.

A better name than Sai supermatto64's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone catch the Nintendo Direct?
    I'll take that Detective Pikachu amiibo, Solaire amiibo, and Smash Bros., please and thanks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been playing South Park Fractured But Whole the past few days, and I'm blown away by how good the game is. I went in with admittedly low expectations given that Stick of Truth didn't impress me much, but Fractured But Whole has taken all the issues I had with Stick of Truth and solved them.

First of all, the combat is actually interesting and occasionally pretty challenging. The combat system is fairly unique, involves a decent amount of strategy while still being easy to pick up, and is much more fun than it was in Stick of Truth. The puzzles are similar in that while they are generally rely on the same few concepts it does require you to put some thought into it and, generally, the trickier the puzzle the better the reward.

A South Park game wouldn't be a South Park game without humor. Stick of Truth was funny, but my problem was that it relied almost entirely on fan service. Fracture But Whole still makes most of its laughs with fan service, but the game's story and the interactions the character have are quite funny as well. I haven't had too many laugh out loud moments, but there have been some which is more than I could say about Stick of Truth.

The last thing I'll mention is that the game is constantly introducing new concepts to keep things fresh, but it's done in a fairly organic way, and the concepts don't change the game drastically as much as they allow you to access new areas, solve puzzles that you couldn't before, or try new combat strategies. It keeps the game fresh and keeps you engaged.

Bonus: the character customization in this game is dope. Here's my guy:

Click for Spoiler:

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone feeling the Farcry 5 game? I think I'll get it once the price goes down. But the game looks real cool.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I tried Far Cry....2??...maybe???

It was a long time ago and I thought it was terrible. I've also come to the realization about myself that I just don't have the desire for story mode games much anymore. I've thought about trying Far Cry 4, but the price never drops low enough where I'd buy it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Got all of the updates for R2TW and Attila TW, I have started a play through as one of the new Desert Kingdoms in the Lakhmid Arabs.

Starting as a puppet state of the Sassanids has some drawbacks in terms of immediate expansion, but it does bring significant trade/economic benefits. It has a rather nice undertone of religious strife in the Arabian Peninsula with Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism and paganism all intermingling, which is a rather historical addition.

My first real action, instead of attacking my Ghassanid Arab enemies, was to march southwest and resettle a desolated city called Yathrib... so to become much better known as Medina.

I'm also playing some FiFA18 on the Switch in career mode, with my character starting at Derry City but quickly getting a move to SPAL, a new Serie A team in Italy. Currently sitting in the Champions League places, despite being relegation fodder.

I'll get around to playing Breath of the Wild yet...

Maybe once I get an Ojo Projector...

9. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Anyone feeling the Farcry 5 game? I think I'll get it once the price goes down. But the game looks real cool.
    Did you play Far Cry 3? I did and I thought it was awesome.

I played Far Cry 4 too. It was also very good, but basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 3, but on a different map.

Far Cry Primal looked like it was basically the same thing as Far Cry 3 and 4, but in primitive times, so I didn't even bother.

Far Cry 5 looks like it's the same thing as Far Cry 3, 4, and Primal, but set in racist red neck America. The idea of killing religious cultists does work for me, but I'm not not sure I'm willing to pay full price for a game I've played twice already. Maybe this one will have no features that make it special and if that's the case I'll shell out the $60, but otherwise I'm willing to wait.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've not played much of the Far Cry games, only a bit here and there, but Ubisoft does seem to be producing much better games these past couple of years after the disaster that was the Assassin's Creed Unity launch. Siege is gaining a lot of popularity (thankfully), and Far Cry 5 looks like a lot of fun. I might give 2, 3 and 4 a full playthrough first before I give 5 a go though.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information