Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Chat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
    Did you play Far Cry 3? I did and I thought it was awesome.

I played Far Cry 4 too. It was also very good, but basically the exact same thing as Far Cry 3, but on a different map.

Far Cry Primal looked like it was basically the same thing as Far Cry 3 and 4, but in primitive times, so I didn't even bother.

Far Cry 5 looks like it's the same thing as Far Cry 3, 4, and Primal, but set in racist red neck America. The idea of killing religious cultists does work for me, but I'm not not sure I'm willing to pay full price for a game I've played twice already. Maybe this one will have no features that make it special and if that's the case I'll shell out the $60, but otherwise I'm willing to wait.
    Yeah, I've played 3 and 4 before but not primal. But, this is spot on. I think i'll buy MLB The Show 2018 first. I haven't played a baseball game since, like, 2009.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I have the Xbox 1, not the PS4.
    Last edited by #AbsoluteUnit; 03-22-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Yeah, I've played 3 and 4 before but not primal. But, this is spot on. I think i'll buy MLB The Show 2018 first. I haven't played a baseball game since, like, 2009.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I have the Xbox 1, not the PS4.
    If you're JUST looking for a baseball game, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings on the PC is INCREDIBLY fun. It goes on sale sometimes and you can get it for 50-75% off. Totally worth it.

I'd like to play The Show again, but I don't have a PS4. By the time I was willing to buy one, I've decided to just wait for a PS5. And isn't the Show only on PS4?

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only Far Cry I played was Fat Cry 4 for the PS4. Pretty solid game, waaaaay more fun when a pal logs on and both of you tear through the map. Alone gets repetitive and boring, the -capture a base, collect a zillion little things in the base- repeat, repeat, repeat gets pretty boring after awhile. But that seems to be the main template for almost every open world game that comes out now. I'm playing Battlefront 2 now, really beautiful game. Being a big Star Wars nerd helps. Next pick up will probably be Monster Hunter.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    If you're JUST looking for a baseball game, Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings on the PC is INCREDIBLY fun. It goes on sale sometimes and you can get it for 50-75% off. Totally worth it.

I'd like to play The Show again, but I don't have a PS4. By the time I was willing to buy one, I've decided to just wait for a PS5. And isn't the Show only on PS4?
    Hey Sly, do you play any games nowadays?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't played games as much lately, as I've just been busy with various things in real life (the latest is track season). But in my free time, I'll play Team Fortress 2, Stranded Deep, or NBA 2K17/College Hoops 2k7 (whichever basketball I feel at the moment). I also love playing Minecraft, but I'm kind of taking a break from it. I also throw in a little Super Mega Baseball every now and then.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What's Stranded Deep like? I've heard good things from my friends about it.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    What's Stranded Deep like? I've heard good things from my friends about it.
    If you just play it straight up, I think it's a little on the tedious side, at least when trying to go to different islands at the beginning.

If you're willing to take the time to create your own island, where you can give yourself plenty of resources at the start, I think it's pretty fun.

8. Likes Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    F1 2015 is free for a very limited time on Humble Bundle, so if you're remotely interested in putting it in your Steam library, I'd rush to get it now.

I've been playing it, and the memories from the 2002 game I used to play with my dad on the PS2 are flooding back.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I saw that yesterday. I wasn't sure if I'd ever play it, but I went ahead and got it anyways. Even if I never play it...so what?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Started playing Soul Reaver on Steam and Viewtiful Joe on an emulator. Haven't had this much fun in ages

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Thread Information