Thread: Survivor Series General Discussion

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Survivor Series General Discussion

I got to say that the routine Championship vs Championship leads to some exciting possibilities this year. I wasn't sure if they'd commit to this direction again but Smackdown commentary certainly suggested it.

Ronda Rousey vs Becky Lynch
    The first confirmed match of the year, and I'll be watching it with equal parts excitement and dread. Becky is on (thank goodness we're no longer shouting STRAIGHT) fire lately, and a loss may put a halt to some of the best momentum anyone has had this year. Either way, Becky is going to bring this build in a big way!

Intercontintental Champion vs United States Champion
    Providing they hold onto their titles, we're likely getting Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura. I mean, need I say more?

WWE Champion vs Universal Champion
    Depending on how WWE Crown Jewel goes, we are getting some combination of AJ/Joe vs Brock/Braun. As much as I don't want Brock to win the Universal Championship again, I really want AJ vs Brock 2. Last year's match was Brock's best match since his Extreme Rules bout with Cena, and I'd love to see AJ and Brock surpass last year's performance. Better yet, I'd love to see AJ get the W. Out of all the other possibilities, I'd say Joe/Braun excited me the least. Not a slight on them, just there are more interesting matches out of these four.

RAW Tag Team Champions vs Smackdown Tag Team Champions
    This one's interesting, because the championship picture on RAW is questionable at best. Dean and Seth are the champions, but are in the early stages of a highly emotional rivalry. This match will serve as a chapter for Dean vs Seth more than it will be tag team vs tag team, but I'm interested in seeing how they execute that. Not to mention that this could be Seth's second match of the night.

Very interested to see how this year shapes out.

They're going for the whole brand rivalry thing again this year, which just doesn't have any sort of impact when you get right down to it. Personally, I'd just rather they went the route of each show having four or five matches and be done with it.

The big Survivor Series match between the men last year was a friggin' disaster, one of the worst booked matches WWE had last year and I sincerely hope they managed to learn from their mistakes. Shane, Triple H and, in my opinion, Kurt Angle shouldn't be in the match.

The champion vs. champion matches could be fun but what I ultimately see is Raw, as usual, being elevated at the expense of the blue brand. I fully expect that Joe and Strowman will be WWE and Universal Champion respectively and there's almost no way Joe goes over Strowman. Just having Strowman run through Joe holds no interest for me as if Vince wants to keep people interested in Strowman as a champion, then he's going to have to tone down the juggernaut aspects or he's simply going to run out of interesting opponents and he'll ultimately be in a similar place Lesnar was in that a lot of fans will be bored with his matches. Joe should give him a rough, competitive match whether he wins or loses. If Styles does retain at Crown Jewel and faces Strowman then, quite frankly, I think Styles should go over Strowman or Lesnar, if Vince makes the mistake of putting the title on Lesnar again, thereby leaving Raw, once again, without a main event championship on a regular basis. Styles, in my opinion, has more than earned it.

I'd like to see Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey just beat the crap out of each other and I'd rather the match ended in some sort of double count out or disqualification, after a good amount of time to have an actual match, as the women just keep going at each other. Empty the locker room, separate them, have them break free, separate them again, etc. maybe to set something up for further down the road. In my opinion, Becky Lynch has been doing the overall best work of her career these last few months and I just think she's done far too good of a job to just be fed to Ronda Rousey just because she's Ronda fucking Rousey. At this juncture, it's also not realistic to expect Rousey to lose to anyone, it has to happen sooner or later and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it turned out to be Becky who handed her the first lost of her wrestling career but you can just sense that's something that Vince will save for something like WrestleMania. I know that some would prefer a match with a decisive ending and I do to most of the time, but it's just my opinion that's not the way to go with this match.

As for Nakamura vs. Rollins, I think Nakamura takes it due to interference from Dean Ambrose. WWE hasn't done squat with Nakamura as champion and while I do think Nakamura's greatness is somewhat overrated, WWE hasn't used him remotely to the fullest of his potential to such a degree that I almost wish he would head back to Japan once his deal is over. They've had an opportunity to make Nakamura a truly significant star on the main roster and they've dropped the ball.

As for the women's match, both sides will mostly be made up of women that, right now, a lot of fans don't really care about or are interested in. I think it'll also be pretty lopsided you can just sense that SmackDown will have both Lana and Carmella on their team, so that puts the blue brand at a disadvantage right there.. Truth be told, I'm a little burned out on the women at this point as WWE has relentlessly hammered the whole I am woman, hear me roar movement into everyone's foreheads in recent months.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just some things in my opinion..

Ronda Rousey vs Becky Lynch
    Awesome. I really like this. Ronda actually faces a legit worker in Becky. I want to see how Ronda has progressed with working with someone who can go toe to toe with. Becky is that person. I'm a big fan of both these women and I expect a good showing between these two.

Intercontintental Champion vs United States Champion
    I don't care. Seriously. I like the idea of the IC vs US champions match, but I just don't care. Nakamura has done nothing for me, and Seth has been on fire this entire year. I think the match will be good, no doubt.

WWE Champion vs Universal Champion
    This depends on who wins the Universal Championship. Remember las year it was A.J. vs. Brock. There is a legit option that match could happen again this year.

RAW Tag Team Champions vs Smackdown Tag Team Champions
    Could be a good match, yet I'd prefer The Uso's represent the SmackDown side.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    AJ vs Braun could be good, but I think I'd enjoy Braun vs. Joe ever more. Imagine those two just hitting each other for twenty minutes.

The US vs IC Title match will be the standard Nakamura affair. Good, but leaving us wanting more.

It will be interesting to see how much they let Becky do against Ronda. You have to make Ronda still look like a killer, but you can't have a champion in Becky look like a chump.

Tag match is too up in the air but I'd be good with The Bar or New Day getting to face Seth and Dean. Both Smackdown teams have quality in ring talent and Seth is the second best in ring talent today for my money behind AJ.

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    AJ vs Braun could be good, but I think I'd enjoy Braun vs. Joe ever more. Imagine those two just hitting each other for twenty minutes.
    :'(

I'm curious about Becky vs. Ronda, but I may just wait and read the results for that one. That way I can feel superior to the people that do watch it and end up hating it. Saves time and investment.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    3 dream matches at Survivor Series. Rollins/Shinsuke, Bryan/Lesnar and Ronda/Charlotte (Although I liked Ronda/Becky more)

8. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I did not even know Survivor Series was this weekend, had to look it up.

Has the build been worth watching the show?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

Well, one of my favourite PPV's of the past year was a card that was entirely mucked up by external circumstance (TLC), so I'm excited to see what they deliver. Build was pretty good for two matches, both of which are very different now.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^ TLC is the best B - level PPV, hands down.

EDIT: 1,000 Posts
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

#RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

They literally changed the 4 biggest matches on the card on Tuesdays Smackdown, the go-home show for the PPV. Both the Mens and Womens 5-on-5, and the Womens Champion vs. Champion and Universal champ vs. WWE Champ match. Couple that with them finally announcing the participants in the 5 Tag Teams vs. 5 Tag Teams match this week and that'll tell you about the build.

That being said, the last 10 minutes of RAW was pretty great (minus the last 20 seconds).

Watch the show be great, even with the lackluster build.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Reasons to watch Raw
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

13. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information