Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RAW 11/5: I didnâ??t read any spoilers.

Last night's show had it's moments, but I think Raw continues to put too much focus on the wrong talent.

The opening was solid overall, but I think WWE should make up its mind with Corbin as either a chicken shit heel authority figure or a badass wrestler as he's just not talented enough to pull off both and keep me interested. I'd go with the authority figure all in all; Corbin's matches are fine as long as they don't go past 8 minutes or so as that's when his limits really start showing.

The six woman tag team match was solid overall, **1/2 stars, but it went on longer than it needed to.

The build to Rousey vs. Lynch has been fun so far with both women delivering strong, to the point promos.

Apollo Crews vs. Jinder Mahal was pretty much a dud, Jinder just needs to get the hell off my TV and stay gone.

Ember Moon vs. Nia Jax was about **1/4 stars and had the potential to be a bit better but Nia Jax just continues to be lousy and never improves. Everything about her is beyond lackluster and if she's forming a tag team with Tamina, which could indicate they might be the first ones to hold the long rumored Women's Tag team Championship, then it's perhaps the most uninteresting team in WWE history. Nia's lousy and Tamina is even worse, she might honestly be WWE's least interesting wrestler, male or female, of all time.

Rollins vs. AOP was a strong babyface performance by Rollins, ***1/4 stars, and I've read a few comments here and there saying that AOP should've squashed Rollins and I have to disagree. Rollins has been one of the truly bright spots of Monday Night Raw in 2018 and has been the real workhorse of the brand, despite WWE's attempts to pin that label on Roman Reigns. Rollins is someone who has the ability to carry Raw and I'd infinitely prefer him to Lesnar as I'm just over any and all things Brock Lesnar, especially since we're back to not having a main event title scene on Raw for, in my estimation, at least WrestleMania. AOP still looked badass, Rollins just looked like he'd be able to handle either one of them in a singles bout, and putting the titles on them is a good idea at this point. Hell, it's probably the best idea they could have at this point as it gives the titles some stability as part of an actual team rather than primarily an angle, which is what McIntyre & Ziggler were as opposed to an actual tag team, though they looked like they were going to be a real team at first but that's not how it turned out to be. Let them run through the Raw roster as dominant champions until someone comes along that's got the sand to take them.

Elias vs. Ziggler was, for me, ** stars as it felt pretty flat. I dig Elias' character, his promo segments are almost always entertaining, but I'm just not at all impressed with him inside the ring. Every so often, you'll catch a glimmer of potential with Elias, such as maybe working at a more athletic and quicker pace instead of just plodding around the ring like he's 300 lbs., but a glimmer is about all you catch. Still, a saving grace here is that at least Elias got the win. If Elias is capable of more, and Vince would actually allow him to do more, inside the ring, then it'd really elevate his entire game.

Finn Balor vs. Bobby Lashley was about **1/2 stars for me as WWE. Lashley finally scored a win over Balor and that's okay seeing as how Balor has beaten Lashley twice, but WWE keeps using this tired formula on Raw for Finn Balor in which they'll have him fight the same guy in essentially the same match on Raw 3 or 4 weeks in a row and even sometimes done a ppv match just for the hell of it. They've used this format with Balor in programs with Elias, Baron Corbin, Jinder Mahal and now Bobby Lashley.

Strowman being after Corbin all night didn't do much for me as, in my eyes, WWE has really damaged Strowman. They had a huge opportunity at Crown Jewel to really establish Strowman as a top, badass babyface main eventer but Vince did, in my opinion, the worst thing he could've done and put the title on Lesnar. So instead of seeing Braun Strowman engage in potentially entertaining title feuds down the line with the likes of Ziggler, McIntyre, Ambrose, Rollins or Balor, they're wasting him in a pointless feud with Baron Corbin. Again, this is a perfect example of WWE putting too much emphasis on the wrong talents.

Kurt Angle vs. Drew McIntyre, for me, was a really fun ###1/2 star bout that told a helluva story with McIntyre's degradation of Angle during the last few minutes of the match with the story being that McIntyre looked like he still had plenty of gas in the tank while Angle, the aged, battle scarred veteran, was on his last leg. This is maybe the first time that I've really seen a lot of emphasis placed on McIntyre as a singles competitor since his return to Raw and I hope it's a sign of things to come as the kid's a star, he's got everything anyone could possibly ask for when it comes to being a main event level talent.

All in all, I gave last night's show a C-. Raw is still worse than it's been in years, but things are at least looking up for Survivor Series as, for one thing, it's nice to see WWE getting back to building one show at a time instead of two or three.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I still hate Authority Figures.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Thread Information