Thread: Is 'The Walking Dead' Dead??

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is 'The Walking Dead' Dead??

I'm not ashamed to say it! I'm a fan of The Walking Dead on AMC. Shew, it's great to get that out. Lately, saying you watch TWD was like saying you were a professional wrestling fan in high school. People are all, "You still watch that show?" or "It sucks now, I can't stand it anymore!". I want to know why though. A few seasons ago it was like the most watched and acclaimed show ever and now everyone says it sucks. I want to know why. I'm one of those people that likes to watch reviews on things that I like or watch and after every TWD episode I'll go online and read the reviews or watch them on YouTube and everybody is out in force talking about how the show sucks. Again, I want to know why.

IMO, the show doesn't suck at all. It's still great and the quality of effects and what not is still amazing. It's done a great job of introducing new characters and making them characters to like and relate to. Dwight for example. OMG, Negan, IMO he steals just about every scene that he's in and he's fun to watch. They've done a great job of killing off characters that we've grown to love and care about. When "Coral" died, everyone in our home was doing the whole, "I've got something in my eye" or "I'm not crying, you're crying" routine. We wouldn't have done that if we didn't care about that character. People are still just shitting on this show left and right and shitting on it hard. Why?

Can someone tell me; Is TWD dead? If so, WHY?!?!?!?!?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I stopped watching after they went to Arlington. I don't think TWD is "dead", but I lost interest real quick.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Walking Dead became the kind of show I cannot stand, the type of show Game of Thrones became somewhat in the second and most definitely in the third seasons. In its attempt to have the show go on as long as possible, it draws everything out until the point it is boring. The Walking Dead has become boring. And the constant fragmentation of the cast (an occurrence on many long running shows) doesn't help matters any.

That's the difference between a show like Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Every episode of Breaking Bad had a point and most, if not all scenes, were relevant to the plot. Walking Dead stopped doing that a long time ago. It got boring.

4. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    I can honestly say I've never watched a single episode as it just never remotely interested me. If someone's into it, that's great as it bugs me when people give other people grief about what they like to watch on TV, especially since I'm not one to talk given that some of my earliest memories involve watching a "sport" involving men and women engage in fictional feuds that culminate in fictional fights with predetermined outcomes. Sly pointed out something that I figured the show either was from the very beginning or that it would become: dragged out to be utter pointless for the sake of keeping it going for as long as possible. It was a TV show centered around zombies and remnants of humanity somehow dealing with them while trying to have some semblance of a life.

I'll give them credit in that they managed to take what seems to be a pretty limited sci-fi/horror genre, gave it a type of depth that most never expected for a show of its type, kept it running for years and started a national phenomenon, but the consensus, even among people in my family who were fans from the very beginning, is that the show's simply overstayed its welcome and that they've gone longer than they should have.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 11-09-2018 at 07:32 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information