Thread: Who needs Wrestlemania

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who needs Wrestlemania

So in the last 48 hours the landscape of WWE has well and truly shifted. Becky Lynch is out and Daniel Bryan is the WWE champion(and a bad guy?). The fallout from this is Brock Lesnar Vs Daniel Bryan and Ronda Rousey Vs Charlotte Flair.

What is interesting about those two matches is if you asked anyone on these forums (that's the extent of my 'smark' wrestling circle) where these matches would take place I have no doubt that they would have said Wrestlemania. Top that off with Daniel Bryan winning the title in abrupt fashion, when there was definitely potential there for another underdog title win, and subsuquent heel turn makes that three 'Wrestlemania moments' that WWE have cashed in on.

The Daniel Bryan situation is interesting but I like it. The look on his face when he won the belt and then the attack on AJ I can totally understand. After everything he went through he was desperate to get it back. The Becky Lynch one is a shame as she looked like a absolute star on Monday night.

What an interesting few days.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer, EnviousDominous liked this post
    The only problem is that Survivor Series has become a throwaway show that doesn't have any real impact on WWE. We're supposed to pretend that there's some deep rivalry between the red and blue brands despite said rivalry only being brought up or mentioned when it's time to start the Survivor Series build. None of the matches on tomorrow night's card will have any real impact on WWE going forward.

However, the main roster has been so inconsistent in 2018 that if the most we can hope for and expect is a show that's actually entertaining, then I'll gladly take it at this point. The show may not mean a damn thing in the long run, but if I'm entertained for the majority of the 4+ hours of the show, then I'll count it as a win.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes mrluck_07, EnviousDominous liked this post

Thread Information