Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Survivor Series 18

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This was a pretty good show. I didn't agree with some of the booking choices, but they were mostly fine. I'd give it a B or B+.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I liked this show as well. The wrestling in WWE today is great. It just can't not deliver, unless creative screws up so much.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was a fun show and i'm glad I got to watch it. Not the best show of the year, but it was still a lot of fun and there was several really good matches.

That said, I've got no problem if you thought the show wasn't great or was bad. Your opinion is your opinion after all. That's the joy of life really, we're all allowed to have our own opinions on everything.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    All in all, Survivor Series exceeded my expectations.

The brand rivalry big doesn't mean a damn thing and I really hope WWE gets out of that mind set for this show next year since SmackDown was completely shut out, with the exception of the kickoff show match but the announcers all but came right out and said that it didn't count. That's not exactly the way to sell a show you're building around a brand rivalry.

The women's Survivor Series tag team match was a fun 3.25 star outing and I'm even okay with Nia Jax winning. I'm soooooo glad to see WWE embracing the whole #Facebreaker bit and with Nia actually egging the crowd on. I mean, it's just nice to see Nia actually show some personality and that can go a helluva long way towards making up for her in-ring shortcomings.

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, for me, was a very fun 3.75 star bout. They were given a lot of time, it was a helluva back and forth effort and we saw a clean ending without Dean Ambrose being anywhere in sight. Just imagine how good this match would've been had there been an actual build with a story to go along with it aside from the brand rivalry nonsense that absolutely nobody is buying into.

The Bar vs. the Authors of Pain was a pretty lame, paint by the numbers 2 to 2.25 star house show match instead of the physical hoss fight I was hoping for and expecting.

Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship was an outstanding 4.25 star effort from these two. It's really the only match on the card that had an actual build and story to justify having it and they had the crowd eating out of the palm of their hands by the middle of the match. Fans started to respond steadily as the match went on, they were mostly quiet for the first few minutes, but they were lout "205" and "this is awesome" chants about halfway through it. Both men looked like stars out there.

The men's Survivor Series tag team match, I gave 3.25 stars. It was infinitely better than last year's debacle and there was such chaos on the Raw team that I had little trouble believing they might come out on the losing end here. This match still could've been so much better, in my view, without Shane as he basically has two moves: coast to coast and the elbow through the table and both of which pretty much has him selling like he's got one foot in the grave with the other slipping. Shane's almost 50 years old and it doesn't get any less ridiculous to see him in there trying to beat up men 15+ years younger than he is. With all that said, everyone did work hard and Drew McIntyre came off like a complete psycho and Strowman was the monster everyone was expecting. It could've been better, but it was good overall.

Ronda Rousey vs. Charlotte Flair was pretty friggin' incredible and Rousey continues to look better and better with each real match she's able to get. This was a killer 4.5 star back and forth match in which they just beat the ever lovin' shit out of each other. I don't mind the DQ ending here as Charlotte looked like a damn psychotic out there just beating Rousey all over the place with chairs and kendo sticks.

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan was also about 4.5 stars for me and was a rollercoaster. They followed a similar formula to Lesnar's match with Styles last year but Bryan took even more of a beating. Seeing him take all those suplexes made me cringe, especially seeing that blank expression in his eyes that made me think he had a concussion. Hell, he still might for all I know. There were some great near falls from Bryan once he got things going in his favor and it was nice to see Lesnar work an actual, lengthy 1 on 1 match for a change in which he's selling the offense of his opponent like crazy. I didn't really expect Bryan to win but there were a few points in the match where it looked that he just might and the crowd came alive once they saw that this wasn't just going to be a complete decimation that it looked like it was going to be for the first little bit.

WWE has made several really good ppvs this year, including this one, in which the wrestling ranges from good to outstanding the TV product, primarily for Raw, has been the worst of this decade, in my opinion. Survivor Series was a very fun B+ show that could've been even better had there been some actual real storylines and build to the matches instead of the brand rivalry foolishness. Becky Lynch being out was unfortunate but Charlotte was able to deliver a very high quality match with Rousey. The Survivor Series tag team matches were ultimately pretty good, the CW Championship match was a very high quality effort as was Lesnar vs. Bryan. All in all, the show went by at a quick pace and it did something that a lot of main roster ppvs haven't done this year: leave me wanting more instead of just being fatigued and grateful the show's over.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rousey/Charlotte was good and all, but it had nothing on Melina v Alicia Fox.

Thread Information