Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the DCEU Dead??

Aquaman was a good, "old fashioned" sort of comic book film in that it's more light hearted than anything else you're going to see in the DCEU. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the DCEU, minus Wonder Woman; as long as you don't expect some epic happening that sets new standards and rewrites the book on what comic book film adaptations will be going forward, then Aquaman works.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Saw Aquaman last night. Solid movie overall, no real big complaints from me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    Saw Aquaman last night. Solid movie overall, no real big complaints from me.
    I saw it yesterday. I have one complaint that’s pretty minor:

Click for Spoiler:
    HOw the fuck did they get out of the Sahara desert?

Otherwise a very enjoyable movie. You could tell from Justice League they created a fun character.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not dead, just not that interesting, they seem to have learnt that Batman isn’t the norm, he was the Golden Goose, off the page no one else can live in his world, taken out of his world he loses effectiveness, a change in style and 2 decent films later DC might have started to find their swing. A long way to go before they can compete with Marvel, Superman wiping the floor with the Justice League renders them pointless, I get that it’s probably comic book accurate, but the comic alter ego’s of all but Hulk of the movie Avengers would get annihilated by Thor, it’s just more entertaining when Iron Man gets a few hits in. Speaking of Thor, Marvel turned their heaviest hitter, albiet most boring character into arguably their MVP, watch the audience reactions to him landing Wakanda. That’s real adapting. Most fans want another Hulk solo film, but solo Hulk sucks, Marvel are lucky they can’t do it.

In short, Marvrl are currently striking gold with the perfect balance. DC sucks right now but are luckily staying alive. In 20 years who knows?

5. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It seems that DC dont even know what they are doing with it. Seems like they have about seven different timelines, which for comic books is fine but for casuals not so much. The fact that they're going to reboot suicide squad and batman is going to be interesting. The good news for them is they can adapt the flashpoint storyline to reboot a little, the bad news is ezra miller is flash and fuck that guy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rebooting suicide squad is literally the point of suicide squad. They're disposable and reboots will happen with it as it fits in the nature of the squad. Look at Thor and how many reboots he's had without calling it as such.

The Batman movie is a prequel so it makes sense.

That and Aquaman is the highest DC have done at the box office. If that's them dying I'd love to see them alive.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Its not dead until Condiment King gets a stand alone movie.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Guardians movies are by far my favorite Marvel films, so James Gunn possibly directing the next Suicide Squad has my interest even though I couldn't have hated the first Squad movie more.

IMO the key to getting some serious hype for Batman in the DCEU again is to bring back Michael Keaton and Tim Burton with a "Dark Knight Returns" like storyline (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns). That would be massive and have everyone talking. Half would be stoked, the other half baffled. But they would all be talking about it and they would all pay to see it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's a big push for Keaton to do Batman Beyond.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Keaton is the best Batman. Fight me.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Thread Information