Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA My Way | TEW 2003 Wrestling Simulation LP

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a special kind of sadist with these games. Nice catch.

Konnan, Road Dogg, and Russo all want to work without a script and get mad if you tell them no. Wrestlers, man. Some prima donnas.

2. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA Slammiversary Hype

Ron "The Truth" Killings vs. Raven (c)

Kid Kash vs. AJ Styles (c) in a TLC Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan to Settle The Score

The Story So Far

"A Warlord Among Us"

Then
    TNA is the brand Jeff Jarrett built, but the foundation isn't stable. Konnan has made it clear to the press that he's amassing an army to overthrow what he sees as "another white bread company". Curt Hennig has taken exception to K-Dogg's remarks.

Jeff Jarrett
    Konnan
    Curt Hennig

Six Months Later
    Seeing the cracks in the walls, Raven swoops in and gets in Konnan's ear. Claiming only he can give K-Dogg what he wants, this Great White Hope takes the TNA World Championship with his aid. Jarrett's faith in what is right and wrong has dwindled, and has claimed that Hard Justice would be the last time he challenges Raven for the title. Hennig continues to be the moral standard for the company, but even he is in no position to face Raven right now. There's no hope in sight and the Warlord is among us.

Jeff Jarrett (On his way out) [Fairly Poor Success]
    Konnan [Fairly Good]
    Curt Hennig [Fairly Poor]
    Raven [Fairly Good]
    C+

"(X) Divisive Champion"

Then
    Many feel Sonny Siaki is in over his head as the new X Division Champion. It's about proving the naysayers wrong/right in a budding group of extraordinary gentlemen.

AJ Styles
    Christopher Daniels
    Jerry Lynn
    Sonny Siaki

Six Months Later
    While Siaki's reign by no means set the world on fire, he managed to defend what was his twice before succumbing to the starpower of a young AJ Styles. While reaching that height with his fair-weathered girlfriend Desire, he has not been on a roll much of late, coming up short in several rematches. Daniels left TNA for WWE where he is The Curry Man, and Jerry Lynn has not been in much luck lately either and has backed off of the division. Chris Sabin is slowly building momentum but he's not involved yet. Newcomer Kid Kash is making waves, however, and is set to face AJ Styles once again - this time in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match.

AJ Styles [Fairly Good]
    Sonny Siaki [Fairly Poor]
    Chris Sabin [Neutral]
    Kid Kash [Neutral]
    D+

"Sympathy For The Devils"

Then
    Father James Mitchell's recent pet projects are the reigning tag team champions. With veterans The Harris Brothers and the fan favorites AMW nipping at their heels, only time can tell if The Disciples of The New Church will cement their legacy in TNA.

Brian Lee [Fairly Poor]
    Chris Harris [Fairly Good]
    Don Harris [Fairly Poor]
    James Storm [Fairly Good
    Ron Harris [Fairly Poor]
    Slash [Fairly Poor]

Six Months Later
    They're not just a footnote in TNA history just yet, but the rechristened "New Church" could not hold onto their titles when going up against America's Most Wanted.
    Brian Lee and Slash are almost phasing out as we speak, while another team, Triple X consisting of Elix Skipper and Low Ki, have thrown their hats into the ring. The Harris Brothers are now winging it on the Pre-Show. They are no longer close to the sought after belts. This has become AMW's story now.

Brian Lee [Fairly Poor]
    Chris Harris [Good]
    Elix Skipper (Recent) [Neutral]
    James Storm [Good]
    Low Ki (Recent) [Neutral]
    Slash [Fairly Poor]
    D+

"Break It Til Ya Make It"

BG James is distraught over Ron Killings securing the lead role of a movie presumably intended for him.

BG James
    Ron "The Truth" Killings

Six Months Later
    BG James is still distraught, but while he's having a psychological breakdown that has him pretending to be the next B Movie action star, Ron Killings has started to come into his own as a wrestler in the company - becoming the first Lord of the Lockdown and now is set to face the TNA World Champion. Killings has left the DVD bins behind him, but James isn't ready to give up just yet.

BG James [Fairly Good]
    Ron "The Truth" Killings [Fairly Poor]
    Rena Mero (Recent) [Neutral]
    D-

Incident!

I fined him. He said he will do better. Truly a heartbreaker. It's had an impact on the locker room, but nothing too horrible (85% Morale or so).

Speaking of, I know I haven't made a thing about how the locker room's attitude is. So far, it hasn't been bad enough to really make a note about. Vince Russo was the lowest I have seen it, and it was around 80%. Hennig's drug use also lowered it, but nothing less than that 80. If it goes down I'll mention it, but I just don't see it as that important compared to the rest. That also goes for finances and the like unless I'm making profit.
    Last edited by Spidey; 01-15-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA Slammiversary 2003

Pre-Show

Opener: The Badstreet Boyz (Christian York & Joey Matthews) vs. The Harris Brothers
    Crowd Reaction: Not Much In The Way Of Heat
    In-Ring Action: Solid
    Badstreet Boyz defeated the Brothers in 8:18 when Joey Matthews defeated Ron Harris by Pinfall with a Virginia Neck Tie.
    D

Mike Sanders vs. Joel Maximo vs. Jorge Estrada vs. Jose Maximo in a Fatal Fourway
    Crowd Reaction: Average
    In-Ring Action: Decent
    Estrada won in 6:51 when he defeated Mike Sanders by Pinfall with a Greetings From Graceland.
    E+

Chris Sabin vs. David Young vs. Shark Boy in a Triple Threat
    Sabin defeated Young and Shark Boy in 6:41 when Sabin pinned David Young after a Cradle Shock.
    D

John Hennigan vs. Shark Boy in an Impromptu Match
    Crowd Reaction: N/A
    In-Ring Action: Extremely Poor
    Hennigan defeated Shark Boy in 8:18 by Pinfall after a handful of tights.
    E+

Angle: Manager w/Clients
    Percy Pringle III interviews Father James Mitchell. Mitchell promotes The New Church, stating that they will cause more destruction than the entities Pringle himself once managed. Brian Lee and Slash to face America's Most Wanted later in the night.
    D-

Pre-Show Main Event: Abyss vs. Jerry Lynn
    Abyss defeated Jerry Lynn in 11:50 by Pinfall after a Black Hole Slam.
    D+

TNA Slammiversary

Opener: Confrontation
    Raven confronts Ron Killings backstage. He congratulates him on winning The Lord of the Lockdown Match, which gives him the opportunity to face the TNA World Champion tonight. He also compliments him on landing the role in Break It Til Ya Make It, and is sure the company is making quite a bit of money off of him right now. Raven then goes on to mention how Killings must be riding pretty high right now, given how so many others are being oppressed in TNA currently. He applauds managing to squeeze through the cracks of the corporation, but he's just like Jarrett and the others. Killings won't be treated any differently when they get in the ring. "The Truth" is propaganda, a lie told to keep everyone in check. Raven walks away. Ron Killings remains quiet throughout this altercation, but he's clearly pissed.
    D

Glenn Gilbertti vs. Samoa Joe
    Crowd Reaction: N/A
    In-Ring Action: Extremely Poor
    Joe defeated Gilbertti in 11:47 by Submission with the Coquina Clutch.
    E+

Angle: Cage Dancing
    Newest acquisition, Cheerleader Melissa, gives the ol' bars a go.
    C-

Kid Kash vs. AJ Styles (c) in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match
    In-Ring Action: Good
    Styles defeated Kash in 11:56 when AJ put Kash through a prone table and retrieved his X Division Championship. Defense #3.
    D+

Angle: Relationship
    Tired of being expected to cheat for him, Love tells Glenn their relationship is over. Glenn cries and mumbles the beginning of "Stayin' Alive" to himself.
    E+

Curt Hennig vs. Sonny Siaki
    Hennig defeated Siaki in 13:09 by Pinfall with The Perfect-Plex.
    D-

Angle: Sexy Video
    Desire, Sonny Siaki's manager who was not at ringside earlier, is here to tell all about how TNA can spice up your relationship. Nothing like scantily clad men punching each other to get the libido going. Also, she has tits.
    C-

Angle: Authority
    Rena Mero decides to officially book a match between Jeff Jarrett and Konnan. It was on the poster anyways.
    Crowd Reaction: Lifted
    C-

BG James vs Ace Steel
    James defeated Steel in 8:33 by Pinfall after an unseen thumb to the eye.
    D-

Angle: Confrontation
    Angelina Love and Cheerleader Melissa are seen backstage arguing. It is not clear yet why they're being catty bitches, but one can assume it has a little to do with Love leaving the toilet seat up after doing her business.
    D+

Triple X vs. The New Church vs. America's Most Wanted (c) in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match
    AMW win in 10:36 when James Storm defeated Low Ki by Pinfall after The Death Sentence. Defense #2.
    D

Angle: Movie Hype
    At first it appears to be a second trailer for Break It Til Ya Make It, but then it cuts to BG James in a t-shirt tuxedo. He is putting the moves on an elderly lady who has the attention of the stray cat community. Together they walk around a mall and there are grainy gif explosions happening all around them. BG James looks into the camera and says "this time, it's personal!". Break It Til Ya Make It 2: Breaking Joint. Coming Soon.
    D+

Angle: Product Shilling (?)
    Lollipop just gazes into the camera, playing with a sucker in her mouth. There is no context. Can you feel the Knockout's Division hype yet?
    C

Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan
    Crowd Reaction: Good
    Jeff Jarrett defeated Konnan in 20:05 by Submission with the Figure Four.
    C-

Angle: Backstage
    Raven hoists the TNA World Championship onto his shoulder and begins to walk down the hallway. Several workers seem to jeer, but he doesn't notice or doesn't pay attention to them.
    D+

Ron "The Truth" Killings vs. Raven (c)
    Raven defeated Ron Killings in 20:34 by Pinfall with The Raven Effect and latching on to the ropes. Defense #2.
    C+

Notes:
    • Christian York debuted his Egomaniac gimmick. It got a B+.
    • Cheerleader Melissa debuted her Babe gimmick. It got a B+.
    • Shark Boy was off his game tonight.
    • The Hennigan/Shark Boy match was too long given who was involved.
    • Ace Steel was off his game tonight.
    • Ace Steel is foreshadowing a face turn.
    • Raven was visibly tiring towards the end of the Main Event.

5. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nice show. I love that Shark Boy has become a pre-show mainstay. I was always a fan. How old is Ace Steel in your game? I know that he wrestled tag matches with Punk and Colt on the Midwest circuit, so you may be able to invest in them eventually.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's 30, and it's funny you mention that. I poached CM Punk from ROH and have him under an exclusive per-appearance contract right after Slammiversary. Steel was happy to see me negotiate that. In-game he is Punk's and Cobana's mentor. CM Punk will be a Midcarder but I'm not sure if I want him as a Heel or a Face yet.

Also had to let go of a few people on PPA. Trinity wasn't getting along with new girl Cheerleader Melissa, but I think as a long term choice Melissa is more vital, so I cut Trinity. Same thing happened between Raven and Jorge Estrada. Guess which one I gave the pink slip to.

I don't know if it was my best decision, but neither do I feel like it'll cost me much going forward. I went ahead and let both David Young and Glenn Gilbertti's contracts expire. I never really cared much for Disco Inferno and I couldn't think of a way to utilize him. He's not big or old enough to give anyone a real rub in 2003, but neither is he good enough to be Main Event worthy. In hindsight, Brian Lawler would have been in this exact position if WWE hadn't grabbed him. IRL, Gilbertti was doing weird shit with Russo around this time so I'd like to think I trimmed the fat here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA No Surrender Hype

Curt Hennig vs. Raven (c)

The Badstreet Boyz vs. America's Most Wanted (c)

BG James vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings - Ron's Movie Contract vs. BG's TNA Contract

Signed Juventud Guerrera to an Exclusive PPA. Upper Midcarding Heel.

Also hired Matt Striker as an extra hand on Commentary. He's young and he's cheap, unlike the other two.

$17,034 profit in June. These are the best margins I've seen in any scenario I've played. I don't know what I'm doing differently but I'm gonna try and keep doing it. Maybe the game is throwing me a bone knowing here in a bit when I receive Cult status I'll have to sign a couple of these guys to Written contracts and maybe get a few old WCW stars out of Hiatus.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What's Going On In The World Pt. 2

Went ahead and edited his data to have him leaving the business. If I hadn't, he'd just be an Occasional Wrestler and that doesn't seem fair. Wanted to make this as close to real 2003 as I could get.

Maybe this explains my finances.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you want to set The Rock to potentially come back, you can always change his status to On Hiatus. It's how he came in my game. I think its a little more realistic for some guys. Like in my game, Brock is an Occasional Wrestler. Rock is On Hiatus. CM Punk is Left The Business. It isn't a perfect system, but it does allow for a Rock or Batista style short run comeback.

Juventud is a very good get if you can reign him in. Dude is wildin. Like Dagger after two Appletinis.

11. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA No Surrender 2003

Pre-Show

Opener: John Hennigan vs. CM Punk
    Punk defeated Hennigan in 7:57 by Submission with the Anaconda Vice.
    D-

Shark Boy vs. Ace Steel
    Shark Boy defeated Steel in 8:23 by Pinfall with a Deep Sea Drop. In the match we also saw Abyss come in and lay waste to Steel, and the fans began feeling sympathetic for ol' Ace.
    D-

The Harris Brothers vs. The Spanish Announce Team
    Joel Maximo defeated Ron Harris by Pinfall after a rollup pin in 11:23.
    D

Main Event: Low Ki vs. Jason Cross
    Low Ki defeated Jason Cross in 8:31 by Pinfall after a Ki Krusher.
    C-

TNA No Surrender

Opener: Abyss vs. Samoa Joe
    Abyss drew with Samoa Joe in 8:50 following a Double Count Out.
    D-

Angle: Manager w/Clients
    Father James Mitchell is irate. He wants to know what happened to his New Church. These are not the monsters he paid "the ultimate price" for. They're not even booked to compete tonight! If they don't shape up soon he will have to resort to "drastic measures". He leaves them to ponder what that entails.
    D+

Elix Skipper vs. Kid Kash vs. Jerry Lynn
    Jerry Lynn defeated Skipper in 7:38 by Pinfall after a Cradle Piledriver.
    D+

Angle: Manager w/Client
    Mike Sanders stands by with the X Division Champion AJ Styles and his manager, Percy Pringle III. Pringle tries to put over how Styles is simply phenomenal, but it drew attention to how Pringle once managed another guy that kinda used that shtick, and it made the whole interview hokey.
    E+

The Badstreet Boyz vs. America's Most Wanted (c)
    Christian York defeated Chris Harris by Pinfall with a Southern Cross Bomb after their valet, Cheerleader Melissa, interfered. The Badstreet Boyz win the TNA World Tag Team Championship.
    D+

Angle: Relationships
    Desire is seen flirting with her client Sonny Siaki. She tells him that if he could win next month's Sacrifice match, she'll do that thing with her pinky toe he likes. He's one happy camper.
    D-

Angle: Authority
    Rena Mero is sitting at her desk, addressing the live crowd. She made it clear last month that Konnan and Jeff Jarrett would cease their petty squabble and move on. Well, she's had a change of heart. She wants to see them fight again - this time, 2 out of 3 Falls Match. She waits and lets the audience get their boos out before telling them that if they be good, she'll make it up to them...
    C-

Chris Sabin vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. AJ Styles (c)
    Juventud Guerrera beat Sabin by Pinfall with a fast rollup. Juventud Guerrera wins the X Division Championship.
    D+

Angle: Product Shilling
    Unlike the men Angelina Love manages, TNA is a winner. She smiles for the camera - something she will not be able to do in a few years time.
    D+

BG James vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings in a TNA Contract vs. Movie Contract Match
    Ron Killings defeated James in 13:41 by Pinfall with a Consequences. Truth has BG James's contract and is free to do whatever to it.
    D-

Angle: Bikini Contest
    Angelina Love is back, but this time in a heart-patterned bikini. Lollipop is with her, and she's wearing a nude-colored one. Before the contest can commence, Konnan's music hits, being the cockblocker he was born to be.
    Crowd Reaction: Lifted
    C-

Konnan vs. Jeff Jarrett in a 2/3 Falls Match
    Konnan defeated Jarrett in 13:02 with two straight falls, with the final fall being a Pinfall after grabbing hold of his tights.
    D+

Angle: Cage Dancing
    Rena Mero makes good on her promise by giving the crowd what they want - a 36-year old businesswoman pressing her tits against cold iron.
    C+

Main Event: Curt Hennig vs. Raven (c)
    Crowd Reaction: Great
    Curt Hennig defeated Raven in 18:25 after Raven gave him a low-blow. Title does not change hands.
    D+

Notes:
    • My main event is proof players should hype the big match up a little. It matters.
    • CM Punk debuted his Rebel gimmick. It got a A*.
    • Hennigan vs. Punk went for too long given who all was involved.
    • Matt Striker and Mike Tenay have Pretty Good chemistry when calling matches together.
    • Low Ki and Jason Cross have Great chemistry, and it showed in their performance.
    • Father James Mitchell did a masterful job improvising the interaction with his team.
    • Slash was very underwhelming.
    • Juventud debuted his Informer gimmick. It got a B+.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Upstarts

New Champions

TNA World Tag Team Champions

The Badstreet Boyz (Joey Matthews & Christian York)
    C-

TNA X Division Champion

Juventud Guerrera
    D-

14. Likes Yaz liked this post

Thread Information