Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA My Way | TEW 2003 Wrestling Simulation LP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA My Way | TEW 2003 Wrestling Simulation LP

Because NWA My Way was a roaring success.

I've always liked TEW2013's layout compared to EWR's, but the game costs money and the stats of individual wrestlers are not easy to grasp. So what better idea is there really than to have a good excuse to bomb playing this one?

My NWA scenario was pulling solid numbers - usually more than the average indy fed, but it was too costly to finance. Hoping I've learned my lesson, I've decided that in order to play it out in a way that's fair for me (I'm still amateur), I need to alter my budget. TNA starts with $2.5 Million with this mod. Since I'm going to have to cut a few people that are beyond useless but are contractually obligated to be part of the show ie. Dixie Carter, Vince Russo, etc., I need a bigger bank account so I can have fun with this. WWE is at $50,000,000 - obviously the biggest budget. I think it's fair to double TNA's budget for wiggle room.

TEW2013 has a place for storylines so I won't be shirking on that this go around. If for some reason WWE snatches Ron Killings from me and he's a champion, I'll figure out a way to write him off. Also going to attempt to flesh out each show so this will be a bit of a grind, but hopefully one worth reading.

Let's spend some hypothetical money together.

Titles

(TNA was still tied to NWA at this time, but since I've already played around with NWA I'm altering the championships and their respective names to suit this Let's Play.)

January 1st, 2003

TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Jeff Jarret
    B

TNA X Division Champion

Sonny Siaki
    D-

TNA World Tag Team Champions

Disciples of the New Church (Brian Lee & Slash)
    C-

Roster (Pre-Purge)

Main Eventers
    BG James - Degenerate, rated B (Heel)
    Brian Lawler - Arrogant Heel, rated B+ (Heel)
    Curt Hennig - Old School Face, rated B+ (Face)
    Glenn Gilbertti - Disco Stud, rated B (Heel)
    Jeff Jarrett - Franchise Player, rated B (Face) [Avatar & Owner/Booker]
    Konnan - Gangsta, rated B (Heel)

Upper Midcarders
    Don Harris - Bad Ass, rated B (Heel)
    Erik Watts - Second Generation Star, rated B (Heel)
    Jerry Lynn - No Gimmick Needed, rated B (Face)
    Kid Kash - Arrogant Heel, rated B (Heel)
    Ron Harris - Bad Ass, rated B (Heel)
    Ron Killings - Rapper, rated B (Face)

Midcarders
    AJ Styles - Old School Face, rated B (Face)
    Brian Lee - Goth, rated B+ (Heel)
    Christopher Daniels - Arrogant Heel, rated B+ (Heel)
    David Flair - Second Generation Star, rated B (Heel)
    Elix Skipper - Arrogant Heel, rated B (Heel)
    James Storm - Cowboy, rated B+ (Face)
    Low Ki - Martial Artist, rated B (Heel)
    Shark Boy - Comic Book Hero , rated B+ (Face)
    Sonny Siaki - Arrogant Heel, rated B- (Heel)

Lower Midcarders
    Ace Steel - Old School Heel, rated B (Heel)
    Amazing Red, - Thrill Seeker, rated B+ (Face)
    David Young, 30 - Bad Ass, rated B- (Heel)
    Mike Sanders, 33 - Arrogant Heel, rated B+ (Heel)
    Slash, 29 - Goth, rated B (Heel)

Openers
    Chris Harris, 29 - Bad Ass, rated B+ (Face)
    Joel Maximo, 23 - Fun Babyface, rated B (Face)
    Jose Maximo, 19 - Fun Babyface, rated B+ (Face)

Enhancement Talent
    Jason Cross, 23 - Old School Face, rated B- (Face)
    Jorge Estrada, 26 - Elvis Impersonator, rated B+ (Face)

Occasional Wrestlers
    Larry Zbyszko

Personalities/Managers
    Desire, 29 - Bitch, rated B (Heel)
    Father James Mitchell, 37 - Occult, rated B+ (Heel)
    Lollipop, 23 - Diva, rated B+ (Face)
    Percy Pringle III, 48 - Old School Face, rated B- (Face)
    Trinity, 31 - Diva, rated B+ (Heel)
    Vince Russo, 41 - Egomaniac, rated B (Heel)

Staff
    Don West, 39 - Color Commentator (Face)
    Jeremy Borash, 28 - Personality (Face)
    Jerry Jarrett, 60 - Road Agent (Face)
    Mark Johnson, 31 - Referee (Face)
    Mike Tenay, 48 - Announcer (Face)
    Rudy Charles, 25 - Referee (Face)
    Scott Armstrong, 43 - Referee (Face)

Bring on the smoky arenas, dancing cages, and six-sided rings!

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Storylines

A Warlord Among Us
    TNA is the brand Jeff Jarrett built, but the foundation isn't stable. Konnan has made it clear to the press that he's amassing an army to overthrow what he sees as "another white bread company". Curt Hennig has taken exception to K-Dogg's remarks.

Jeff Jarrett
    Konnan
    Curt Hennig

Break It Til Ya Make It
    BG James is distraught over Ron Killings securing the lead role of a movie presumably intended for him.

BG James
    Ron "The Truth" Killings

Sympathy For The Devils
    Father James Mitchell's recent projects are the reigning tag team champions. With veterans like The Harris Brothers and the fan favorites America's Most Wanted nipping at their heels, only time can tell if The Disciples of The New Church will cement their legacy in TNA.

Brian Lee
    Slash
    Chris Harris
    James Storn
    Don Harris
    Ron Harris

X Divisive Champion
    Many feel Sonny Siaki is in over his head as the new X Division Champion. It's about proving the naysayers wrong/right in a budding group of extraordinary gentlemen.

AJ Styles
    Christopher Daniels
    Jerry Lynn
    Sonny Siaki

Quick notes in regards to pre-TNA Final Resolution:
    • Could not secure a new contract with Christopher Daniels. He's gone after the PPV. WWE will take him.
    • Recently signed Raven to an Exclusive PPA Contract and he will jump to TNA after Final Resolution. He's A Main Eventing Heel with a Mysterious gimick.
    • Both Rena Mero and Chris Sabin are signed and will be part of Final Resolution.
    • Good thing I bumped my finances - WWE immediately tried hiring half my talent, most notably BG James, Brian Lawler, and Ron Killings.
    • The Product has not been tampered with in any way. Going to see how the first show plays before making adjustments.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA: Final Resolution 2003

Pre-Show

Erik Watts vs. Jason Cross
    Crowd Reaction: Average
    In-Ring Action: Decent
    Watts defeated Cross in 6:53 by Pinfall after the Lights Out.
    D-

The Harris Brothers vs. America's Most Wanted
    America's Most Wanted defeated The Harris Brothers at 10:58 when Don Harris was disqualified while fighting James Storm.
    D-

Segment: Bikini Contest
    Desire and Trinity competed in a bikini contest. There were no judges. Everybody is a winner.
    C-

Segment: Authority
    Vince Russo had a personal camcorder aimed at his face. Without much reason behind his decision, he booked a match between Curt Hennig and Konnan for later in the night.
    D-

Triple X (Elix Skipper & Low-Ki) vs. Jorge Estrada & Chris Sabin
    Crowd Reaction: Not Much In The Way of Heat
    In-Ring Action: Solid
    Triple X defeated Estrada & Sabin in 12:02 when Elix Skipper pinned Estrada by grabbing a fistful of tights.
    D+

Pre-Show Main Event: Kid Kash vs. Shark Boy
    Shark Boy defeated Kid Kash in 9:38 by Count Out.
    D-

TNA Final Resolution

Opener: Impersonator
    Crowd Reaction: Lifted
    In the ring, Brian Lawler is making fun of Jeff Jarrett, and Jarrett's music hits. Jeff doesn't come out though - some hackneyed impersonator does. Lawler proceeds to make light of Jarrett, and taunts the fake. That stops however when the real Jarrett comes out. The TNA World Champion ends the jokes by attacking Lawler and the two brawl until Security comes out. Brian Lawler vs. Jeff Jarrett is set for later tonight.
    C-

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles
    In-Ring Action: Good
    AJ Styles defeated Christopher Daniels in 7:10 by Pinfall after a Styles Clash.
    D

Segment: Cage Dancing
    Rena Mero cage dances for the live crowd.
    C+

Segment: Interview Manager w/Team
    Mike Sanders interviewed Father James Mitchell, who promoted the silent TNA Tag Team Champions The Disciples of the New Church (Brian Lee and Slash).
    E

Ace Steel vs. Amazing Red vs. Sonny Siaki - Triple Threat [X Division Championship]
    Sonny Siaki defeated Ace Steel in 12:29 by Pinfall after a Siakalypse after his manager Desire interfered. Defense #1.
    D

The Disciples of the New Church (Brian Lee & Slash vs. The S.A.T. (Jose & Joel Maximo) [TNA Tag Team Championship]
    The Disciples defeated The S.A.T. in 17:58 when Brian Lee knocked Jose Maximo out. Defense #1.
    E+

Segment: Backstage
    Lollipop hypes TNA while posing suggestively.
    C+

Konnan vs. Curt Hennig
    Crowd Reaction: Good
    Konnan defeated Curt Hennig in 24:40 by Pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.
    D

Segment: Post-Match
    In the ring, Konnan calls out the company, particularly Jeff Jarrett. His demands go unanswered.
    C-

Segment: Video Package
    The trailer for "Break It Til Ya Make It" starring Ron Killings plays. It is about a secret agent aspiring to be a professional breakdancer.
    C-

BG James vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings
    Ron Killings defeated BG James in 20:30 by Pinfall with a Consequences.
    D-

Glenn Gilberti vs. Jerry Lynn
    Glenn Gilberti defeated Jerry Lynn in 17:51 by Pinfall with a Chart Buster.
    D

Segment: Pre-Match
    Jeff Jarrett is walking backstage as a cameraman follows. Jarrett talks candidly to him, telling him how he is going to set things right and put Brian Lawler out to pasture. He hypes the fight right up until he enters the TNA tunnel entrance and makes his way onto the ramp.
    C-

TNA Final Solution Main Event: Brian Lawler vs. Jeff Jarrett [TNA World Heavyweight Championship]
    Jeff Jarrett defeated Brian Lawler in 29:56 by submission (Figure Four). Defense #1.
    C

Notes:
    • Chris Sabin introduced his Metalhead Face gimmick. It got an A*
    • Rena Mero introduced her Seductress Heel gimmick. It got a B+.
    • Brian Lawler signed with WWE after this PPV.
    • Despite a terrible rating, TNA's popularity increased all over the United States.

5. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Keep in mind that for a company like WWE, a D+ for a PPV isn't good but for smaller companies it isn't as impactful. That was one of the tips I remember from the game. I think if you keep this up I wanna do some reviews of each show. Not like a KB level but I will give my thoughts on the angles and matches. Oh and for sake of the reader not having to keep track or scroll up, you should put (c) when the champ is defending. Just a thought.

7. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PPV Plug

Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett (c)

AJ Styles vs. Sonny Siaki (c) in an Ultimate X Match

Konnan vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings

Incident!

I chose to fine Vince Russo. He's skating on thin ice with me, mostly because he's Vince Russo.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Out Now On DVD!

Not suitable for all audiences.

10. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seems like the marquee matches for the next PPV are more interesting than the first. Are you running the PPV model like the OG TNA did or will you be trying for a weekly show with one big show a month?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This scenario gave me the ppvs and they're set for each month, so very OG TNA. Gonna gun for TV when I get something better than Sunshine Network. That has a small impact in only one or two regions. Doesn't seem worth it this early in the game.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TNA: Against All Odds 2003

Pre-Show

Erik Watts vs. Chris Sabin
    Crowd Reaction: Not Much In The Way of Heat
    Chris Sabin defeated Erik Watts in 7:13 by Disqualification.
    D-

Kid Kash vs. Jason Cross
    Kid Kash defeated Cross in 6:56 by Pinfall with a Money Maker after Trinity, Kash's valet, interfered.
    D

Main Event: The Harris Brothers vs. Shark Boy & Amazing Red vs. The Disciples of the New Church (c)
    The Disciples defeated The Harris Bros and Shark/Red in 11:30 after Brian Lee knocked Don Harris out. Defense #2.
    D

TNA Against All Odds

Opener: Contract
    Vince Russo opens the show with his feet propped on his desk. He beats around the bush a little before telling the TNA Asylum that he has signed a big name - Raven. He cuts out as Raven's music hits.
    D+

Segment: Contract, Continued
    Raven with a seditious speech. While he made sure he would receive a World Title shot upon debut, he had no idea there was a man who was being mistreated by the company. He feels for Konnan, and states that if K-Dogg is listening, he has an ally and this championship victory is dedicated to him. They will bring the hicks to heel.
    C-

AJ Styles vs. Sonny Siaki (c) in an Ultimate X Match
    Sonny Siaki defeated AJ Styles in 11:35 when Siaki retrieved the "X" by getting on the shoulders of Desire. Twice now Sonny has won with help from his valet. Defense #2.
    D-

Jerry Lynn vs. Ace Steel
    Lynn defeated Steel in 9:21 by Pinfall with a fast roll up.
    D+

Segment: Catfight!
    Trinity and Desire argue over who would be better in bed: Raven or Jeff Jarrett. The discussion brings the two to blows and Trinity's top comes off before she's hastily covered because this is 2003 and a credible women's angle won't be had for another four years.
    C-

America's Most Wanted vs. Triple X
    AMW defeated XXX in 13:40 when Chris Harris defeated Low Ki by Pinfall with The Death Sentence. They shouted at the cameras at ringside that The Disciples were next.
    D-

Segment: Promo
    BG James is airing his grievances backstage over not getting to star alongside Estelle Getty, his favorite Golden Girl. This opportunity was ripped away from him. He tugs at his hair and requests another match against Ron Killings for a hypothetical role in the sequel. He shows his dance skills to prove he's the right man for the job. He hurts himself.
    D-

Konnan vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings
    Konnan defeated Killings in 12:20 by Submission with a Tequila Sunrise after BG James interfered. Truth chased James out of the arena.
    D

Segment: Cage Dancing
    Lollipop gives the TNA Asylum a little show.
    C

Segment: Cage Dancing, Continued
    In a wild and unexpected turn of events, Rena Mero comes out while Lollipop dances and introduces herself as the new Authority Figure of the company. Where this leaves Vince Russo is debated among commentary.
    C

Glenn Gilbertti vs. Curt Hennig
    Hennig defeated Giblertti in 15:23 by Pinfall with a Perfect-Plex.
    D

Segment: Post-Match
    Trying to be the locker room leader after his altercation with Konnan last month, Curt Hennig offers to shake Gilbertti's hand. Gilbertti refuses and walks off.
    E

Segment: Hype Video
    In one corner, a company man. The other, a notorious rabble-rouser. Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship is up next.
    C

Main Event: Raven vs. Jeff Jarrett (c)
    Raven drew with Jarrett in 19:44 when the match descended into chaos after Konnan became involved. K-Dogg layed both men out with a chair before setting it up in the ring and taking a seat. Show ends on Konnan staring down at both men.
    C

Notes:
    • Raven introduced his Mysterious Heel gimmick. It got an A.
    • Raven did masterful improvising dialogue.
    • Raven has been added to the storyline "A Warlord Among Us".
    • BG James did very poorly improvising dialogue.
    • Amazing Red got injured!

Incident!

Shame about Red, but the shrewd businessman in me is all "well he's PPA so no real damage there". Still though, over a year and he has some talent.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    - this is 2003 and a credible women's angle won't be had for another four years.
    - Uses said angles for best rated segments

Thread Information