Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Billboard Vandalized to Say "Kill the NRA". NRA Panics, Conservatives Sound Stupid

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Billboard Vandalized to Say "Kill the NRA". NRA Panics, Conservatives Sound Stupid

http://www.lex18.com/story/37547362/...lly-supporters

So in Louisville, Kentucky, a billboard has been vandalized and now says KILL THE NRA with the logo of an anti-Trump group called Resist 45. Now anyone with a brain could understand what is meant here. Therefore, we'll hit the Twitter to show just how dumb some people can be. These are some Tweets on the subject from various people:

https://twitter.com/KayaJones/status/966023028722282496

https://twitter.com/mike_Zollo/statu...19016325246977

https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/st...41527150628869

https://twitter.com/GaryDeSantis/sta...52928199663616

The NRA, on its Facebook page, has called its members to rally, saying "they're coming for us".

In other words, make sure to clutch your guns, because someone being upset by a mass murder means THEY'RE COMING FOR US!!! SAVE THE GUNS!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ...They do know the NRA is not a person, right?

No need to rally, though. Thoughts and prayers to those affected. That's enough, right?
    Last edited by HBK-aholic; 02-20-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You know, for a group that prides itself on being tough the NRA sure as hell lets a few words get to them.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nope. See, when it's about guns (the real potential victims in these massacres), we need money, people and laws to make this nightmare go away. SAVE THE GUNS FROM THIS HORRIBLE VIOLENCE!!!

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Every time i think i've seen this country at it's stupidest something happens that proves me wrong.

I don't even know what to say except i can't believe a group of grown adults are letting words get to them this bad. I shouldn't be surprised at it any nore but yet again here I am shaking my head not knowing what to say

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know much about the Resist 45 group, but from what I do know, the symbol of the group is apparently the Mockingjay from The Hunger Games, used to represent the Resistance faction. If that's the case, then that's cretinous beyond words. The sensationalism about Trump is reaching a point where it somehow makes Trump look more nuanced than a hefty chunk of his critics. You might think Trump is a bad president, and I wouldn't disagree. But he's not a Saturday morning cartoon villain, nor is he institutionalising martial law. In fact, if the Democrats don't run a good candidate in 2020 (Cory Booker and Kamala Harris spring to mind as likely and terrible candidates), and provided Trump doesn't self-destruct (which very well could happen), I could see this sensationalism leading to re-election.

The NRA is full of nuts, but everyone knows that. It's the other side of the coin that often isn't addressed, and it's often not addressed well by the excuse called alternative media.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I don't know much about the Resist 45 group, but from what I do know, the symbol of the group is apparently the Mockingjay from The Hunger Games, used to represent the Resistance faction. If that's the case, then that's cretinous beyond words.
    Resist 45 is not a 'Mockingjay' symbol - I literally had to google where you got that from. It came up with 1 article, with the source being 1 Facebook user, who stated that's what they thought it looked like. It doesn't, and it has nothing to do with the movement.

The sensationalism about Trump is reaching a point where it somehow makes Trump look more nuanced than a hefty chunk of his critics
    Only to those who are also racist misogynists

But he's not a Saturday morning cartoon villain, nor is he institutionalising martial law.
    He literally admitted sexual assault and then mocked a disabled reporter. I don't care what side of any political spectrum you are on, that is worse than being a 'Saturday morning cartoon villian' and I won't let people brush it under the carpet. I hate Trump, truly, despise him. Because of his actions.

I could see this sensationalism leading to re-election.
    If by 'sensationalism' you mean everything HE is doing. My opinions on Donald Trump are not due to the media, or what others say. Everything I, and the 'resistance' hate Donald Trump for, HE himself has said or done. And if he wins re-election, it's because people are stupid AF, not because we are calling Trump out on his shit.
    Last edited by HBK-aholic; 02-20-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK-aholic View Post
    Resist 45 is not a 'Mockingjay' symbol - I literally had to google where you got that from. It came up with 1 article, with the source being 1 Facebook user, who stated that's what they thought it looked like. It doesn't, and it has nothing to do with the movement.
    I've never watched or read the Hunger Games, so I took what the Courier Journal said at face value, rather than interpreting as metaphorical. Regardless, the term "resist" in the political context implies an extreme action, akin to the civil disobedience in India or the ANC's actions in apartheid South Africa. Suffice to say, 2018 America is not 1920's India or 1960's South Africa, nowhere close. Trump might be a bad president, but he's far from the levels of Buchanan, Andrew Johnson or Pierce, or at least, not without the frame of reference of his legacy. I want to put him around the same level as Ford currently, because I think Trump's biggest crime in office is that he's not actually done all that much in the grand scheme of things, especially considering his populist bravado. Even you have to admit there is a huge overreaction to what Trump does from liberals.

Only to those who are also racist misogynists
    The "racist misogynists" (in quotations because that's a huge tangent that I don't want to derail this thread with) that you mention will defend Trump no matter what. They won't look objectively at any criticism levelled towards Trump, even the relevant and intelligent criticism. To their ying, there are the people who cannot look objectively at any praise given to Trump, and consider him to be worse than Hitler, the yang. Both are idiots and people are actually fucking dying because people can't look at politics anymore without kneejerking. Not just in the US, but around the western world.

He literally admitted sexual assault and then mocked a disabled reporter. I don't care what side of any political spectrum you are on, that is worse than being a 'Saturday morning cartoon villian' and I won't let people brush it under the carpet. I hate Trump, truly, despise him. Because of his actions.
    Were Pussygate and the Kovaleski thing bad? Yes, very much so (although Pussygate was not sexual assault), but in the grand scheme of things, those two incidents meant very little ultimately. What do these have to do with Trump's politics or indeed, politics in general? By making the conversation about this kind of thing, you play into Trump's sensationalist ball-game. And this is what I hate about Trump the most personally: His watering down of the discourse into Jerry Springer tier nonsense. He's set a precedent for this entire thing to become the acceptable norm in politics, and the pro and anti-Trump side are making things awful for the people who actually want to have a debate. Trump does this, CNN did that, it's one big shitshow that would make leaders of times old roll in their graves. The difference is, Trump is using it as a strategy. The people reacting to him aren't.

I made a post about this on Wrestlezone a while back, but if you want Trump gone, be surgical. Attack him on his politics, his weakest point, because they're empty words, just look at the wall for example. There's a reason why Trump won, and it's not because people are idiots, misogynist or racist. It's because liberals over-extended their hand, and started judging people as idiots, misogynist or racist in guilty until proven innocent show trials.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I don't know much about the Resist 45 group, but from what I do know, the symbol of the group is apparently the Mockingjay from The Hunger Games, used to represent the Resistance faction. If that's the case, then that's cretinous beyond words. The sensationalism about Trump is reaching a point where it somehow makes Trump look more nuanced than a hefty chunk of his critics. You might think Trump is a bad president, and I wouldn't disagree. But he's not a Saturday morning cartoon villain, nor is he institutionalising martial law. In fact, if the Democrats don't run a good candidate in 2020 (Cory Booker and Kamala Harris spring to mind as likely and terrible candidates), and provided Trump doesn't self-destruct (which very well could happen), I could see this sensationalism leading to re-election.

The NRA is full of nuts, but everyone knows that. It's the other side of the coin that often isn't addressed, and it's often not addressed well by the excuse called alternative media.
    Does your ass ever get tired from all the talking it does for you? Seriously, you're not even from the United States and you seem to think you have a valuable opinion about the state of affairs here. I'm not saying that it's impossible to be non-American and have valuable insight regarding US politics, but you don't have it. Your opinion is misinformed and shit.

Donald Trump is not coming off as more nuanced than his critics. His approval rating has been more negative than positive for over a year now, and the only reason it's not as much in the shitter as it used to be is because he's been out of the public eye for the last couple of weeks. That's right, the goddamn PRESIDENT OF THE US is doing everything he can to hide from the public. DJT's only public presence is his Twitter account, which was mocked this past week around the world.

And what other side of the coin are you talking about? Gun control advocates? There's no left-wing equivalent to the NRA in America, and if someone has led you to believe that then you are horribly mistaken.

Children we just gunned down senselessly and you come in here talking about about shit you don't know anything about. Stay in your lane, dumb fuck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Guns are people too. #GunLivesMatter

Thread Information