Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billboard Vandalized to Say "Kill the NRA". NRA Panics, Conservatives Sound Stupid

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Fuck yeah awareness! We werent already aware of it. It's only dominated the news for the last month and been a running joke in hollywood forever. The problem is that this is what the left does, it shoves its message down your throat without actually changing anything. In melbourne we're getting pedestrian lights in a female silhouette because thats going to break down all the issues that females face. It doesnt achieve anything significant but yet all these activists don't give a shit because they've done something. Thats all anyone wants to do these days is make it look like they are doing shit
    You realise you're proving my point, right? It's been all over the news BECAUSE OF THE MOVEMENT. The movement YOU say does nothing. And yet, what, now YOU'RE sick of hearing about it, they should stop? Fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I like when Becca gets mad.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Fuck yeah awareness! We werent already aware of it. It's only dominated the news for the last month and been a running joke in hollywood forever. The problem is that this is what the left does, it shoves its message down your throat without actually changing anything. In melbourne we're getting pedestrian lights in a female silhouette because thats going to break down all the issues that females face. It doesnt achieve anything significant but yet all these activists don't give a shit because they've done something. Thats all anyone wants to do these days is make it look like they are doing shit
    I know right? Fucking lefties, there's no point in me getting in to the film industry if I can't sexually assault people.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet Club View Post
    I know right? Fucking lefties, there's no point in me getting in to the film industry if I can't sexually assault people.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good ol' Straw man, a rebuttal often abused by pseudo intellectuals.

Alas the days of making an off-handed and sarcastic comment are long gone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillet Club View Post
    Good ol' Straw man, a rebuttal often abused by pseudo intellectuals.

Alas the days of making an off-handed and sarcastic comment are long gone.
    "Hah! I called you a pseudo-intellectual. That'll cover for my complete misrepresentation of someone's argument and character."

"It won't? Well, it was only a meme, guys, stop taking it so seriously."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK-aholic View Post
    You realise you're proving my point, right? It's been all over the news BECAUSE OF THE MOVEMENT. The movement YOU say does nothing. And yet, what, now YOU'RE sick of hearing about it, they should stop? Fuck out of here with that bullshit.
    It was done, everyone was aware of it already. Everyone agreed it was so terrible and that it needed to change. Wearing black after the fact is pointless

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I try to stay away from Trump talk, simply because he's a total moron and every decision he makes seems like he shook a magic 8-ball. But the real problem isn't Trump, it's the people who believe in him. The people, like in the OP, that believe he is standing up for their rights as Americans. He isn't doing shit for the little guy on the street. All of these people trying so hard to defend their 'rights' just make me incurable angry.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was done, everyone was aware of it already. Everyone agreed it was so terrible and that it needed to change. Wearing black after the fact is pointless
    I have a few responses to this, and they're all at least a little sarcastic.

1) Who made you the spokesperson for everyone? Does it pay? Are they hiring?
    2) That must be why there haven't been any new assault accusations after the Golden Globes. That must be why there haven't been people who have come forward and SPECIFICALLY CITED the bravery of the black out at the Globes as one of their inspirations.
    3) Yes, everyone has agreed that the culture in Hollywood has been bad. There certainly haven't been any pockets of people who have voiced opposition to the Me Too movement. It's not like the President of the United States came out in defense of the accused while lending no support to the accusers thus far.

10. Likes HBK-aholic liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I try to stay away from Trump talk, simply because he's a total moron and every decision he makes seems like he shook a magic 8-ball. But the real problem isn't Trump, it's the people who believe in him. The people, like in the OP, that believe he is standing up for their rights as Americans. He isn't doing shit for the little guy on the street. All of these people trying so hard to defend their 'rights' just make me incurable angry.
    I think it's important to note that Trump plays the moron; he isn't actually the moron he presents himself to be. To me, that's far worse in my mind: He's willing to dumb down the rhetoric of political conversation so that he can generate conversation about himself and other individuals, instead of actually touching on the issues.

It is entirely unrealistic to go to each individual person engaging in the shit-flinging fest between pro and anti-Trump and getting them to stop. Rather, you need to take a top down approach by making pragmatic attacks on Trump and not rising to bait from the idiotic portion of Trump's audience. You also need to criticise the celebrities (your Lily Allen's, Meryl Streep's, Wil Wheaton's) and university professors who both have a heavy-liberal bias (this is objectively true) and have zero idea about what they're talking about either because of lack of information or bias affecting their perception of reality. This is not a partisan issue between conservatives and liberals, and should be treated accordingly; so singling out Trump and conservatives as the only people who muddy the discourse is less than half the problem in my view, and it could be argued might actually make things worse in many ways.

Thread Information